Jakey-Boo

It's simple,

On their birthdays you get them gifts,

On your birthday they get you gifts,

No one feels selfish during the process.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For birthday I understand, though $75 may be quite alot for a friend, obviously depends on how close you are

He's getting 100-150, he's only spending around $40 on me anyhow

Guys, don't forget that generosity can also happen when someone lowers their price on something or offers to buy something for more than intended for the sake of being generous. Generous doesn't necessarily mean free stuff.

He's getting 100-150, he's only spending around $40 on me anyhow

What did you give him on your birthday?

What do you give him on his birthday?

I'm in a "Gifting War" of sorts with a close friend of mine. 

Aussie Minigun for my birthday, so I one-upped it with a Ghosts Hoodie. 

Fast forward things ten years, and I'll be driving a Yacht trying to order him a Ferrari or two. 

Fast forward things ten years, and I'll be driving a Yacht trying to order him a Ferrari or two. 

>mfw driving a yacht

There's a kid on a server I go on often who gives away a ton of free unusuals

He's like 12-13, and his parents are super loaded, but he always bitches about how mean they are to him and how he would kill himself if he didnt have "great friends" (the people who he gives unusuals to)

my friend, who has never traded in his life, has a higher bp value than me purely from gifts from this kid. Whenever he comes onto the server everyone starts kissing his ass and I got sick of it, so one day he comes onto the server and I go full on ass kissing mode (normally I just ignore him), and he gives me an unusual. I promptly deleted it from my inven. Generosity is nice when you arent using it to buy friends

my 2 friends are doing the same thing, friend A got friend B a bud for his bday, so friend B got friend A 50 conscientious objectors with 50 different anime characters decaled on them for his bday 

my 2 friends are doing the same thing, friend A got friend B a bud for his bday, so friend B got friend A 50 conscientious objectors with 50 different anime characters decaled on them for his bday 

Always cool to see people doing stuff like that. Much better than Guy A buying Guy B a bud, and Guy B getting Guy A a crate while asking for more. 

That 50 Objector Collection is awesome, though. I have one for Kallen, and I'm talking Wubsies into getting one started for Mikasa. Tell friend B that he's a dedicated friend for doing all of that, lol. 

He's like 12-13, and his parents are super loaded, but he always bitches about how mean they are to him and how he would kill himself if he didnt have "great friends" (the people who he gives unusuals to)

my friend, who has never traded in his life, has a higher bp value than me purely from gifts from this kid. Whenever he comes onto the server everyone starts kissing his ass and I got sick of it, so one day he comes onto the server and I go full on ass kissing mode (normally I just ignore him), and he gives me an unusual. I promptly deleted it from my inven. Generosity is nice when you arent using it to buy friends

Wait so he says they are mean to him, yet they are "super loaded" and get him all this money and get unusuals yet what what what

You have to accept one and put it on Outpost. To "avoid being called a shark" regarding its acquisition, say that that person generously gave it to you for free. Be sure to give a link to his profile. ;)

Do that here too. I'll bet you that he'll stop after that. ;)

so friend B got friend A 50 conscientious objectors with 50 different anime characters decaled on them for his bday 

I want to get 50 Conscientious Objectors for my birthday. ;_;

One Generous moment for me was I was in a trade server and was trying to buy a conga a guy added me and told me to take his conga for free since he had extra's

I decline most of the time when I'm offered free things from people.  I don't know, I feel guilty afterwards.

I did accept a gift from a lovely friend who saw that I added Papers, Please to my wishlist. Later I gifted him Portal 2 so we could play together.

The only times i have some generosity is from raffles/giveaways/lucky door prize(random person chosen) so i guess never

I had 20 buds a couple weeks back I had 20 pure and I gave a friend 1.5 buds for free on his b-day since I'm good irl friends with him.

Archived