Suggestion Question: Rescue Ranger, 0.05-0.11 ref, A Delicious Cashew

shadyfan

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53babaf04cd7b89a2f8b4568

So basically what I tried to do was suggest a decent price range for this weapon. I'm not sure how we can prove that the hype for any weapon is over since everybody is selling all unique weapons for at least 0.11 ref, but not all weapons are valued at 0.11 ref at bp.tf. So the comment of the mod was that I don't show sellers at 0.05 ref, but how can I do that, having in mind the above statement?

I really think there should be a guide on how to bring back weapons to their normal weapon rate once the hype is over. Finding sellers for any weapon at less than 0.11 ref is almost impossible. Also I was looking at other examples of people dropping the value of a weapon to 0.05 ref, but none of them were showing any sellers at 0.05 ref. So a guide and rules especially for this case would really be appreciated.

If we don't have such guide, once there's a hype for any weapon (the new ones for example or the ones that are part of a crafting recipe), we'll never be able to bring back any weapon to 0.05 ref value.

k

Edit: I imagine once the "hype" for the "new weps" is over eventually people will on their own realise that the crit a cola, buff banner, etc are gonna go back to 1 or 1/2 a scrap each. It's like.. Common sense? 

I was actually just thinking about suggesting this today.

I have 2 trades up for selling weapons (loose cannon, rocket jumper, sticky jumper, market gardener, rescue ranger, etc). 

My stock of all my other weapons moves pretty quickly, but I've started to accumulate a stack of unsold rescue rangers even for a scrap now and this has been going on for at least a month now. 

Coming down to .05-.11 makes sense, and I'd support this.

It's definitely something that's been unclear for a while now. Straight weapon swapping is scarce even for weapons that virtually never sell for a scrap, so '0.05 sellers' aren't something that can be realistically expected to be provided. As someone who strongly pushed for 'unsolds alone cannot drop a price', I think dropping weapons from a scrap to 0.05 ref should be the exception to the rule.

Any disagreements, or any other thoughts on what kind of proof would be important for 0.05 ref weapon suggestions?

It's definitely something that's been unclear for a while now. Straight weapon swapping is scarce even for weapons that virtually never sell for a scrap, so '0.05 sellers' aren't something that can be realistically expected to be provided. As someone who strongly pushed for 'unsolds alone cannot drop a price', I think dropping weapons from a scrap to 0.05 ref should be the exception to the rule.

Any disagreements, or any other thoughts on what kind of proof would be important for 0.05 ref weapon suggestions?

Regardless of the item, sellers should be provided be the suggestor.

Don't see any issues here.

The alternative ways of proof to me could possibly come from the trade.tf graphs or even inventory in the scrap.tf bots.

I can usually get a very good feel for the demand for weapons when I find them easier/or harder in stock with the bots. 

EDIT --- I went back and looked in my trade history the last time I sold a rescue ranger...and this is with at least hourly bumps throughout the summer as I'm off teaching. The last time I sold one for 1 scrap was June 11th, or 1 month ago. 

@d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The problem here is that I think noone can prove that any weapon sells for 0.05 ref. Like I said in my suggestion, 

I just checked the classfields too. There are 10 pages of people selling weapons at 0.05 ref (most of them are even actually selling them for 1 scrap or 2 craftable weapons as stated in their comment). So in the best case maybe there are 100 people on bp.tf selling any weapon at 1:1 rate.

I think this shows enough. Out of 200 pages of regular selling weapons, there are around 5 pages with 1:1 weapon trades (realistic once, not only priced at 0.05 ref but writing in the comments they're asking for 1 scrap). It's like 2.5% of all weapon sellers. I'm sure the situation is the same with the other trading sites.

Unlike other items on TF2, weapons are one of the lowest valued ones and really showing sales where people ain't looking for profit is nearly impossible.

There's another fact that I think nobody here will admit, but having the bp.tf price at 0.11 ref will always make people having such weapon try to sell it instead of scrapbanking it. Also it will make people try to "snatch" it quickly from the scrapbanking sites as "rare" weapon and try to sell it for a scrap, making profit.

You can see what happened after my suggestion for the Short Circuit got accepted - you can now find it at the scrapbanking websites at any time. Although, according to me, people lost interest in the weapon some time before I suggested the price drop, but it was still not available at scrap.tf at all times, right because of people considering it as "rare" item.

@Kiki Vidis

That was exactly the reason I made this suggestion - unlike other weapons priced at bp.tf at 1 scrap, this one was really hard to sell.

But looking at scrap.tf current availability of the weapon is still not a very good option since while the price at bp.tf is 1 scrap people will consider it "rare" and try to "snatch" them and sell them for 1 scrap. That's my opinion.

I think showing unsolds at 1 scrap should be enough. I'm glad many people appreciated all the proof I provided in the links and my suggestion received 61.32% positive feedback regardless of the comments. I'm also glad there's a mod (Distinctively Vincent) who understands my point  :)

Still no solution for this? Will this be just another topic that gets abandoned? I think it's a serious issue for lowering the price and unless mods decide what should be the solution for this, we'll never be able to decrease any weapon's value to 0.05 ref.

• 4 weeks later...

You're best off using http://scrap.tf/ as seller proof, maybe a mod can decide a minimum item capacity for the price to drop?

Well for starters I recall there is a rule against using scrap.tf as evidence

I think the words of Distinctively Vincent are good enough so I'll just include them in my every try to lower the price of weapons that lost hype. But there really should be clear rules and mods should agree on them.

Brought it up with the other mods yesterday to avoid this topic dying again without a proper conclusion. It's agreed that weapon sellers at 0.05 aren't a reasonable expectation. Unsolds at 1 scrap should be the core of the proof. Stock in scrap banking bots can be used for supporting proof, but cannot be the sole proof.

Brought it up with the other mods yesterday to avoid this topic dying again without a proper conclusion. It's agreed that weapon sellers at 0.05 aren't a reasonable expectation. Unsolds at 1 scrap should be the core of the proof. Stock in scrap banking bots can be used for supporting proof, but cannot be the sole proof.

Thank you so much for this :) BTW is there some minimum amount of proof that needs to be gathered for this? Would around 20 links for unsolds on outpost be enough?

I imagine it'll still vary from suggestion to suggestion depending on the availability of traders trying to sell for a scrap. Around 20 sounds reasonable for a typical case though.

I imagine it'll still vary from suggestion to suggestion depending on the availability of traders trying to sell for a scrap. Around 20 sounds reasonable for a typical case though.

One more question, is it a good idea to quote you on every suggestion I make? Because if I don't, I think people will be like, "You need 0.05 ref sellers".

I personally don't think it's necessary, but it's up to you. You can always link people demanding 0.05 ref sellers to this topic as need be.

Archived