Most profitable crate actually

Caiafa

Only person I've seen unbox a lot and GET a lot is Pink Star, if you look on his Outpost page, he has several unusuals all unboxed by him.

Only unboxed two unusuals in my life, and I wasn't trying to get an unusual. Then when I tried to get an unusual I got jack squat.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first ever unbox was an Orbiting Planets Salty Dog

A year later I had not unboxed anything, am on a trade server when a guy starts unbpxing and only gets stranges. I opened one crate, got a Stormy Storm Soldier's Stash, which had been worth 5 buds. Habe only unboxed about 20 crates ever.

Of course neither unusual is reflected in my bp because I was a noob trader, and also left TF2 for a year in which my 35 key unusual fell to half that. That, and gave half of the SSSS sale to a friend.

Only unbox under #25

Source; Unboxed 6 unusual out of 900 crates, 4 of which were high tier

Including 25 too

What's the best normal crate to unbox? I just wanna unbox another crates but don't want to fail heavily.

To be honest, you're usually better off spending the extra bit to unbox strongboxes and coolers.  You're at least guarenteed to get a 1.33 item or higher in those, with the same chance for an unusual.

Decided to get rid of my keys (going to stop tf2 trading soon) and bought some #25 crates. 5th one was an unusual.

Decided to get rid of my keys (going to stop tf2 trading soon) and bought some #25 crates. 5th one was an unusual.

#25 kinda sucks, you just got lucky

Crate series #6

Winter Crates 2010.

You unbox any Strange festive you've basically made a bud or two.

Also Crate #20

Which is the Soldier crate.

You've got Strange Shotgun, Direct Hit, and some other good stuffs

Crate series #6

Winter Crates 2010.

You unbox any Strange festive you've basically made a bud or two

Is this even possible?

Is this even possible?

He's saying those are the crates you should unbox

not that you currently can. 

Crate series #6

Winter Crates 2010.

You unbox any Strange festive you've basically made a bud or two.

First of all, you got the crate number wrong: #35 is the one with the original Strange Festives.

And second... good luck finding those Naughty Crate Keys to unlock the crates with. :P

I was thinking about 21. Has Shotgun and Minigun Stranges inside. What do you think?

It's definitely one of the best in terms of making that key back you spent opening it, but you're also paying quite a bit for that crate at the moment. 

1 - 3 - 4 - 7 - 9 - 13 - 14 can be a bit more risky than the others (all weapons are unique instead of strange) but are still good choices if you want a good unusual, they contain white/black/lime/pink/ts paint (as well as some other stuff) - better when doing mass unboxes for unusuals.

20 - 21 - 24 - 25 are safer bets than the previous ones, but the first 2 crates themselves are rather expensive. They have high-value stranges (shotgun, minigun, rocket, flare, amby), allowing to either break even, make some profit or minimize losses - good for sporadic mini-unboxes (1-5)

28 - 31 - 33 - 38 - 42 are good unboxes, having high-value stranges (shotgun, degreaser, YER, dead ringer) or strange parts (projectiles def., buildings dest., headshots), although they also contain second-generation effects. They're the best for mass unboxing during times like halloween.

Event crates that contain hats/miscs (coolers/strongboxes/robocrates/fall/nice winter) are good to mass unbox shortly after release, as these kind of items can be sold more easily for their hyped value and are assured to have a worth of at least ~1.22-1.33 ref instead of being a strange worth a scrap.

Most other crates are just utter crap and aren't worth unboxing.

Salvaged #30 is just way too expensive to open, not worth the risk. Gunslinger would barely break you even and chances at a kritzkrieg (a bud profit) is ~20%. Otherwise, losses of up to 25-26 keys can be made. Hell, even unboxing an unusual would be a loss if it isn't worth more than 1.5 buds.

#40 is full of shit. Mantreads/Holiday Punch/Widowmaker are worthless, Sapper went down in value post-smissmas after the sf release, Huntsman would barely yield a key or so of profit.

#50 is the best of all, both S. PDA and Bacon Grease could yield some nice profit, Original could at least break even or net a 1 key loss, same about as the Watch, and although there's a 20% chance of getting the Screen, which would be a 5-6 keys loss, they're really easy to move around for 2 keys. 

#60 is 60% of the time a loss

Unboxed 10 crate #1 last night in hope to get 3rd unusual unbox, lol. Nope, nothin.

I got 2 black paints, 3 name tags, 2 hats and 3 weapons from the crates.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived