Most profitable crate actually

Caiafa

I really want an Unusual Mining Light. But I also want to try my luck at uncrating an unusual. What should I do? I have about 37 Ref atm. So could I get an Unusual with this if I kept trading up? Or should I just try to uncrate? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want an Unusual Mining Light. But I also want to try my luck at uncrating an unusual. What should I do? I have about 37 Ref atm. So could I get an Unusual with this if I kept trading up? Or should I just try to uncrate? Thanks in advance.

no, whatever you do, don't unbox. 

I really want an Unusual Mining Light. But I also want to try my luck at uncrating an unusual.

Unusual mining lights are retired...

So just build up, it's much easier this way.

unboxing has terrible probability just save up and trade up.

Exactly. I've unboxed over 200 crates and I always get the shitty/lowest value stuff in crates.

Whereas for crate 60. I've never gotten anything worth less than 2 keys. Amazing crate in my eyes for low loss/high win, similar with Crate 21.

Don't unbox. Only a select few people are blessed with RNG luck needed in that endeavor. Everybody knows a guy or two, with stories like "Yeah dude just opened 8 crates and BAM DBD Brotherhood!"

That guy is never you. Will never be you. Will certainly never be me

Unboxing is like gambling: do it for fun and for the thrill if you've got the money to burn, but don't do it in an effort to seek profit.  The chances are overwhelmingly stacked against you.  I've probably unboxed something like 200 crates and I've found one unusual that was worth 2 Buds.   Not worth it unless you manage to get really, really lucky.  

There's never really a sure fire answer to this but I 'spose if you have the ability to recoup your losses then it's not necessarily a bad idea. I mean this guy:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/76561197994144284 from what I can tell has unboxed every unusual he owns and some of them are worth a fair bit, even a Sunbeams EL Jefe! Plus I can imagine it's probably the best feeling to unbox and high tier unusual. However I think in your situation with just 37 ref you're best off to just keeping on building up coupled with the fact the Mining Light can no longer be unboxed.

I do have daydreams about what would happen if I unboxed a Sunbeams Team Captain but I know better than to let Gabe decide be the decider... ;3

It pretty much depends on which crate you unbox. It's a similar matter of either all or nothing. Most of us traders who are asked about unboxing them crates usually frown upon hearing it.

Its really up to you.

Unboxing can be addictive.  Chances of Unusual unbox is slim to none.  I think F2Ps have a higher chance of getting Unusual unbox.

The best I've unboxed is a Vivid Plasma Brotherhood and the worst is a Kill-a-Watt Shooters Topi.

If ur eager, do it.  If u have doubts, don't do it.

Archived