Do you use the SCM to sell hard to sell items?

wallywalrus_

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the SCM to sell TF2 items and then flip the dollars into keys?

• YESSIR
    • NOSIR

I sell on scm when the price is right.... (ie. unusuals where I can list as the lowest available but higher than my normal buyout and pretty much anything else when the scm $ value to me > $ i'd receive from keys). 

Always do the math to see what you actually receive after the fees. Even after fees there are still things that sell for significantly more on scm than keys.

I find it great for selling killstreaks but the only drawback is once you hit the 200 listing limit they stop you unless you provide tax info.

Its not that they are hard to sell, its just that it is much easier to make sure you get pure. Avoid all the offers and just get what you want. 

scm its easier to sell .I have made over 2000 steam market transactions since it was introduced to us. always for profit and always faster than any other 3rd party market out there bp.tf outpost bazzar and the rest.scm is the safiest and easiest way to get pure out of everything that is marketable.

It depends. Sometimes you just gotta go there because it's difficult to get pure.

Ex: when the 2cities came out, I offered my specialized rocket launcher fabricator for 3-4 keys, no buyers :/.

Then I put it up for 15-ish dollars on the market, sold in a few minutes.

BTW, this was like two days before the mann co store sale, so I pretty much doubled my profit as I cashed out for instead of like 12 tour of duty tickets, 24. Bought myself a clean craft n tradable voodoo juju :)

I find it great for selling killstreaks but the only drawback is once you hit the 200 listing limit they stop you unless you provide tax info.

i filled in 'Pearly Gates' everywhere

inb4 ban?

Not enough people use it atm but it's picking up. I can usually tell because certain things stagnate on bp.tf, yet sell for more than what they are worth even after the 15% gaben tax.

I think what Brad & Co. has done lately to show SCM pricing should encourage more people to list on there if isn't selling right away on bp or outpost, and prevent more unnecessary price drops.

TL;DR, yes I use the SCM frequently.

http://imgur.com/MhiB9Pu

I find flipping genuines is a walk in the part with the SCM. Buy genuine hats at 1.11, get 40 cents from each, buy a key. You spend 6.66 on genuines and gain ~ 2 refined of profit Easily.

NOT IF YOURE CANADIAN :)

I find flipping genuines is a walk in the part with the SCM. Buy genuine hats at 1.11, get 40 cents from each, buy a key. You spend 6.66 on genuines and gain ~ 2 refined of profit Easily.

I actually do this on regular basis as well. I never buy keys with metal anymore, too expensive.

Archived