Can I have some help?

Cannapuss

So recently I decided that I'd like to get back into trading again, I've been up and down over the years as far as backpack value goes. I've had 2.5 buds worth and now I'm lucky enough to have just over 1.

I left the trading scene and tf2 all together about 8 months back, I was playing other games and I'd had enough of tf2.

I noticed that the Economy seems to be all over the place, the price of keys have sky rocketed, buds aren't what that use to be, bills have gone down as well. But that's all explainable. I sold all my keys stupidly enough for metal before I left. I had around 50 something keys, I was brought an earbud just recently for 135 refined metal.

Now that I've got the bud I'm struggling with where to go now...

I'm trying to sell for 17 keys, but people aren't even buying for the recommended price?

How do you people manage to profit and actually make gains in today's society when people are all looking for quick buys and then trying to sell for profit... It's like a never ending circle of life, everyone is looking to buy for cheap and sell for high, but you have others trying to buy for cheap from people trying to make profit.

I was trying to sell for 17 keys and maybe buy another bud for 16-16.5 starting off by making small gains, but I'm having real difficulty trying to achieve this.

Can anyone offer me some help? Advice or point me in the right direction?

I'd really appreciate it, thankyou!!

Buds are going up, should be easy to sell for 18-19 keys atm.

buds are rising, so keep yours 4 now, get familiar with current prices and new items

Thankyou both of you, I'll just be patient and keep them for a little bit until things settle

Wait for buds to get to their peak. Then sell for keys, then buy quicksell unusual(s). Once you have an unusual start trading up/down asking for sweets each time, they will most probably add miscs/stranges/other things that you can sell as in small stuff trading

Nice start of an essay, but we're not teachers, mind shortening it for us?

I'm sure you can spend two minutes reading.

ill pay 17 keys for those buds

I'd take that offer and then find some items like Bill's or mid-level stranges at quickbuy prices and just flip those.  Keeps you busy and it's safer than unusual trading.  Get back into unusuals once you figure out what the trends have been.  

Wait for buds to get to their peak. Then sell for keys, then buy quicksell unusual(s). Once you have an unusual start trading up/down asking for sweets each time, they will most probably add miscs/stranges/other things that you can sell as in small stuff trading

Thankyou for them kind words!!!

• Administrators

I'd really appreciate it, thankyou!!

First of all welcome back to trading and Team Fortress 2, of course almost everyone comes back, it is quite near impossible to leave if you are attached to trading and the game itself. Now for more of a serious answer, yes, items fluctuate just like the things you see in real life. Nothing ever stays the same.

To keep it short and simple, keep the bud for now, it is on the rise. It might go as high as 19 to 20 keys again and stop. When it reaches its peak, sell it for keys and then buy yourself a good unusual that you can easily sell for profit I suggest you to look over what changed over the past 8 to 9 months you have been gone.

If you can please thoroughly read this to stay away from getting hijacked or scammed.

http://www.tf2confidential.com/phishing-hacking-malicious-activity/ 

What I can tell you is that a LOT has changed during the time you were gone, I suggest you to look over things and go on at a slow approach at first instead of throwing yourself completely into trading and all other stuff.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay!  ^_^

First of all welcome back to trading and Team Fortress 2, of course almost everyone comes back, it is quite near impossible to leave if you are attached to trading and the game itself. Now for more of a serious answer, yes, items fluctuate just like the things you see in real life. Nothing ever stays the same.

To keep it short and simple, keep the bud for now, it is on the rise. It might go as high as 19 to 20 keys again and stop. When it reaches its peak, sell it for keys and then buy yourself a good unusual that you can easily sell for profit I suggest you to look over what changed over the past 8 to 9 months you have been gone.

If you can please thoroughly read this to stay away from getting hijacked or scammed.

http://www.tf2confidential.com/phishing-hacking-malicious-activity/

What I can tell you is that a LOT has changed during the time you were gone, I suggest you to look over things and go on at a slow approach at first instead of throwing yourself completely into trading and all other stuff.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay! ^_^

Thankyou for the help, I found it really informative and I'll take note!! :) what kind of unusuals do you recommend dealing with? Low tier first gens?

My goal as of right now is to work my way up to 59 keys so that I am able to buy a Purple energy Tam o' shanter :) my dream unusual. It might not seem much for most the guys here but it's a goal worth fighting for in my eyes.

• Administrators

Thankyou for the help, I found it really informative and I'll take note!! :) what kind of unusuals do you recommend dealing with? Low tier first gens?

My goal as of right now is to work my way up to 59 keys so that I am able to buy a Purple energy Tam o' shanter :) my dream unusual. It might not seem much for most the guys here but it's a goal worth fighting for in my eyes.

Low tier first/second gens. If you want to touch third gens you might have to stick your hand on those for a while unlike first/second gens. Third gens do sell but it takes more time than the first two gens.

Everyone has different dream hat on this game, some user's dream hat might be as high as Burning KE while others might be Scorching Madame Dixie. It all depends on user to user. :P

Good luck and hope you get what you want sir!  ^_^

Archived