XBOX 360 Modding help

Autogen

Hello everyone.

Recently, I bought myself one of them new Xbox 360e 4 gb consoles.

I was wondering if I could get some help about modding it. Here are my questions:

1. What do I need to say to the guy modding my console? I just want to play backup games, run homebrew (emulaters etc) and yeah. Thats it.

2. What in god's name is flashing? Do I need to do this on my console?

3. Corona V5 or V6. From what i heard, V5 is for the 250 gb ones and V6 is for the 4 gb ones. Am i right?

4. Can I mod my console without actually opening it? Like with the wii and all. I remember the Smashstack exploit on 4.3. You could homebrew it without actually taking it apart

5. Whats this about the kamakaze method? Do I need to drill holes trough modchips now? Ugh

6. Can you go on xbox live with backups? Can you get unlimited live with hacking your system?

7. What is this "dual boot" crap. Somthing about having a moded and unmoded partition or somthing

As you can see, I am the biggest noob out there when it comes to xbox hacking.

Any help is apreciated. Thank you everyone!

-George

The time and money spent buying and modding your Xbox could have been spent on getting a computer that can run the same games on an emulator without having to break into and alter the system while risking the chance of permanently destroying the console.

The time and money spent buying and modding your Xbox could have been spent on getting a computer that can run the same games on an emulator without having to break into and alter the system while risking the chance of permanently destroying the console.

Xbox cost= $200 with $100 cashback. So the console cost me $100

Mod cost average= $90

Total= $190

In conclusion, $190 is NOT enough to get a good pc.

Flashing is when you install custom firmware on to the disk drive so it can read burned/backed up games. Flashed console can go online if you burn the games correctly, however you can't run emulators and stuff like that on them, for that you want a "JTAGed" xbox. Although last time I checked up on the xbox modding scene JTAGs couldn't go online for more than 5 minutes without being console banned :(.

What the above user said is partially true.

Microsoft has a strict policy against Xbox modders and I suggest you mod it only if you are not gonna be playing online.

The safest mod you could do is a ODE but even then there's a chance you would be banned.

Nothing is 100% online safe except an unmodded 360.

Archived