A detailed closure of the Card Swap Service

fisk

I was going to bank in some cards, but apparently the bots are no longer accepting Steam items.

I meant restocking the bot so we can buy cards for what credits we have rather than dumping us with emotes and backgrounds.

Sad to see this thing go! :(

I would like to make my last trade and found perfect card but Bot #2 doesn't seem to work!? Tried yesterday and today. Bot #1 works, but it's pretty empty!

steamcardexchange, they using trade offer to make exchange with their bot, and it's working well...

I want to thank you for mentioning that.  I didn't know about it.  Due to you, I've been using it for the past couple of days.  So thank you very much. :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's been roughly a month now since the announcement. Will the service be shut down soon?

Also, to add to that, this individual part of the forum should be shut down soon.

• Administrators

Got busy with other things, it will be shutdown soon -- what is the rush? lol

Its funny how people were complaining when this was announced and now they are rushing and asking why it isn't closed. xDDD  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by polar, September 3, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, September 3, 2014 - No reason given

Also, to add to that, this individual part of the forum should be shut down soon.

pls

• Administrators

May the Card Swap Service rest in peace. I have not used it but heard it was was very useful to many others.  :ph34r:

We posted months ago that the service was going to be retired in the group and in the cardswap page top header reminding everyone constantly. You had all the time in the world to take items from the bots. Some emoticons were worth 3-4$ and sell in the market easily, I don't know. If you want some items back I will pick some of the most expensive ones that are left on the bot and remove your donation amount. I think most people did that themselves, since nobody is complaining except you.

I am kind of pissed off. I had over 1800 credit when this went down. The least they could have done is made sure to compensate those with credits.

You had 2 months to use your credits. TWO MONTHS.

How did you have over 1800 credits when the max you could store was 1500?

You had 2 months to use your credits. TWO MONTHS.

How did you have over 1800 credits when the max you could store was 1500?

I had not visited the site for a while. I might be wrong about the number, I know I had at least over 1000. I just visited the site again a few days ago and found out that the site had closed down. I guess I just feel a bit cheated, but I don't see what can be done about it.

I had not visited the site for a while. I might be wrong about the number, I know I had at least over 1000. I just visited the site again a few days ago and found out that the site had closed down. I guess I just feel a bit cheated, but I don't see what can be done about it.

You had 1048 credits, like I posted above, if you want some items I'll give you 10.48$ worth and remove your donation, pm me if you want to do that.

• 1 month later...

I had over 90 credits there, and i wasnt checking forum, then i wanted to get some cards, and there has been error 404 not page found. I put my only foil I had into card swap and i fucked it out for nothing? That's unfair! :-(

I had over 90 credits there, and i wasnt checking forum, then i wanted to get some cards, and there has been error 404 not page found. I put my only foil I had into card swap and i fucked it out for nothing? That's unfair! :-(

So you lost 90 cents, your life is over :/ We posted announcements in the group about this, notifications on the card swap page for at least 3 months before we shutdown the service.

Archived