Poll on key prices.

Chief D

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we?

I'm tired of arguing, so I'll just post a poll and lock this.

If we're considering 4.77 to be in the range because some people still sell keys for 4.77 very fast, should we also include 5.22 or 5.33 because some people sell them at that price???

This won't mean we WILL do it, I just want to get an idea of what people think.

I vote no.  The range should accurately reflect the most common trade price.  It should be within a scrap +/- from the average Finance number in order to show where the bulk of trading occurs.  If there isn't enough proof for that then the finance number would be, in that moment, not correct.  The proof should be there.

In addition to that I would want les veriance in the items oriced in keys.

So 5.22-5.33 would be best range?

So 5.22-5.33 would be best range?

If finance is 5.22 than 5.11 - 5.33. 1 scrap +/-, but the proof still has to be there. I am not suggesting that finance is only proof.

To include 5.22 or 5.33 refined in the range would be proactive on our part. Its better to be chasing accuracy rather than the possibility of being too quick to act and therefore almost making our "own" accuracy. Though backpack.tf was not and still is not meant to be a government many people seem to believe it should still function as one when it comes to listed key price. I believe that a slight lag does nothing to impede growth and will give some the appropriate time to realize for themselves that the price is outdated.

To include 5.22 or 5.33 refined in the range would be proactive on our part. Its better to be chasing accuracy rather than the possibility of being too quick to act and therefore almost making our "own" accuracy. Though backpack.tf was not and still is not meant to be a government many people seem to believe it should still function as one when it comes to listed key price. I believe that a slight lag does nothing to impede growth and will give some the appropriate time to realize for themselves that the price is outdated.

In reality it is a governing entity and was conceived as such to combat unfair pricing and encourage trade knowledge. There is no way around that. Player/traders site and depend on backpack.tf.

Look, there r all kinds of publically recognized policies that bp.tf has. These policies effect trading.

In reality it is a governing entity and was conceived as such to combat unfair pricing and encourage trade knowledge. There is no way around that. Player/traders site and depend on backpack.tf.

Look, there r all kinds of publically recognized policies that bp.tf has. These policies effect trading.

lol, backpack.tf is very loosely a governing body. It has no ability to implement the fiscal and monetary policies necessary to actually curtail the increasing price of keys. It is a third-party observer that people have patches onto think it has the ability to act as a bureaucracy.

lol, backpack.tf is very loosely a governing body. It has no ability to implement the fiscal and monetary policies necessary to actually curtail the increasing price of keys. It is a third-party observer that people have patches onto think it has the ability to act as a bureaucracy.

So u agree.  I never said it should curtail the trade price increase of keys but, considering that no one entity has much power, what little it does have makes it incredible powerful in a sense.  It absolutely limits corruption and sharking.  It has changed trading strategies as traders react to bp.tf pricing.

Can we just spread the range out?

4.77 - 5.33?

From QS to desperate buyer

Like Baloo said, keys are priced too low here on bp.tf, it is a bit laggy. Not like that stops buyers.

I think it depends on how many keys are sold at 4.77 Refined that matters. Obviously, if 1 in every 150 keys that are sold in purely refined metal is sold for 4.77 Refined, I believe it is irrelevant.

Archived