The only pair of Towering Pillar of Summer Shades for sale just got sharked off a guy for 10 ref

Ghost1237

There's more than one pair.

Well yeah, there's lots of pairs. But as the title says, this is the only one for sale.

How do you acquire this item?

Very rare craft for the summer badges. Over 2,500 summer starter packs have been crafted and only 30 of these

Proof it was sharked?

Looking for definitive proof on that amount, backpack is being frustrating, but it was sold/sharked for pretty low

Any proof that it was sharked? Don't accuse someone if you don't have proof.

It was sold for cheap, but I can't find definitive proof of sharking/foul play here. I'll talk to the blackjack guy and ask him what he sold for. Editing for now, will update later

• Administrators

It was sold for cheap, but I can't find definitive proof of sharking/foul play here. I'll talk to the blackjack guy and ask him what he sold for. Editing for now, will update later

Was there any manipulation involved? Did the guy offered 10 ref and the seller simply took it?(Thats not sharking) Did the buyer manipulate or persuade him in any way to get it for 10 ref? If so, do you have proof of that?

Quoted from some other post :

Sadly the freak outs are mostly done by immature person or kids around 10 -14 years of old(No offense to anyone who is around that age) or someone who has no basic knowledge about this. Which consists of over way more than half of the community at the moment.

The depressing part is that even though its the seller's fault, you sometimes get ban for this. I don't know what the admin/mod sees on those reports. Apparently its not the seller's fault for not having the knowledge or brain for it, its the buyers fault.

This is where the sharking definition conflicts. People think that sharking is something when someone buys it from you extremely super cheap even though you put up the item for sale at extremely super cheap or sold the item extremely cheap without anyone persuading you into believing that item is worth extremely cheap.

Real definition is that sharkers add you and manipulate you into believing that the item is worth x instead of y. Where x is the lowest possible price and y is original/somewhere near the original price. Sharkers main object is to obtain that item/things by trickery or fraud, basically by persuading you to believe something you shouldn't believe in.

Sharking can also be considered as buying something for a really low price, even though you know about both the "true" price and the absence of knowledge of the seller.

I'm usually the one to point out assumed sharks on Outpost, but based on:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20487498

He putted in the notes what he bought it for. (not sure if we can believe on his word, but for now i will keep this as truth)

According to his notes, he bought it for a StatTrak Huntsman Knife. Inventory here. No clue of the knife's value, but it was definitely not sharked for 10 ref.

It doesn't have a price, so it's impossible to sell for "cheap".

The community should start warning/banning people who falsely accuse people of "sharking". You have no idea how much it could potentially hit their rep, and you just shrug it off like it's nothing.

Furthermore, if you actually care about what people are paying for pixels, you are required to gather actual proof that such a trade happened. Don't base it off history changes alone or else this happens.

Talk to the shark

Talk to the "victim"

If it turns out the supposed person did "shark", then congrats. You make a great addition to the White Knights of Care Bearia.

• Administrators

Sharking can also be considered as buying something for a really low price, even though you know about both the "true" price and the absence of knowledge of the seller.

No, not really.

I will give you an example... 

If you put up a rare item for extremely cheap...Suppose a vintage 1930's or 1940's watch for $100 instead of the original value of what its actual worth, its your fault for not doing the research not the buyers, and the buyers he finds will definitely not inform him  that his watch is wroth x5/x10 of what he is asking.

Buyers will get it for cheap. You are suppose to do all the research before you put up anything in the market. Its not the market's buyers fault for buying it from you super cheap.

#1 Post of the year. Lamedonyx for president 2016 -_-

#1 Post of the year. Lamedonyx for president 2016 -_-

#2 Post of the year! Teeird for president 2020!

Archived