Why I think Unusual Taunts will be a thing and hold value

Teeird

1. What do we know about taunting? Well you... taunt people, usually after you kill them, to show off how 'badass' you are. Those are the same reasons why unusual hats are expensive in the first place, to show off and gloat how cool you are.

2. There will only be a small amount of taunts in the game I can guarantee, animating them is going to be a harder job, a harder job than 3d texturing, 3d modeling polys and tris into a shape of a hat then rendering it.

3. You can have up to eight different taunts, so this will entice people to buy more unusual taunts to have options compared to buying a hat for a single class and calling it a day.

4. There's hype. They're new, fresh, and an interesting take on the unusual quality. Unless Valve does a "robo" on them, I can't see them failing, or becoming cancer anytime soon.

5. They might not cost thousands, but they will certainly be in demand, therefore wanted and not "cancer".

6. Hint: Conga, Flip, and Buy a Life (who wouldn't love killing a gibus sniper then taunting them with that?) will be your most expensive taunts.

Wrote this up in 3 minutes, might add more later. Sorry if it looks a bit rough. Also hi I'm back.

They will end up with tiers based on effect and which taunts are highly desired. However, their ability to retain value will entirely depend on their availability. If every random unboxer now decides to open only the taunt crate then the prices will rapidly decrease.

What slocum said. But yeah i can see them being widely popular. Being mostly available for each class. Also they will allow you to have a 5th effect(3 cosmetic slots+killstreaker).

Conga taunt if unboxable in unusual quality ? probably.

Rest no way man, taunt effects not even visible all the time, unusual hats misc always visible.

That's probably why conga taunt in unusual quality has most potential.

Also hype will die down.

Conga taunt if unboxable in unusual quality ? probably.

Rest no way man, taunt effects not even visible all the time, unusual hats misc always visible.

That's probably why conga taunt in unusual quality has most potential.

Also hype will die down.

I wonder if everyone who uses the guys unusual conga taunt gets the effect...?

Edit: like the people joining in but who don't own the taunt.

Archived