Official 2014 FIFA World Cup -Thread!

YarrPiratez0r

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

2 - 0 Chile with 45 mins to go, this World Cup is full of suprises.

Woo Chile won !!!

Well, Spain is officially out of the competition. What a humiliation. They lost at the very first round, didn't even advance to the second one. Its a shame that they won the last World Cup and this time they failed pretty bad.  :ph34r:

Past World Cup winners have been pretty bad in their following world cups. Spain just need to kick out the aging players.

Typical England performance last night, missed half the chances and had no idea how to defend. Sturridge seemed to have a flair for passing the ball to the opposition's keeper, whereas Uruguay had 2 shots on target - both goals. 4th most expensive team in the tournament and it looks like they're going home in the group stages for the first time since 1958.

If only Rooney could do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPC6Yv3BPVY&feature=kp

Typical England performance last night, missed half the chances and had no idea how to defend. Sturridge seemed to have a flair for passing the ball to the opposition's keeper

England's defence is terrible: Jagielka, Baines (overrated), Cahill, Johnson (not as good as before), just that no ones talking about it since they don't have anyone else. The difference was that Uruguay had Suarez with both chances taken. Need to see Costa Rica today to see whether they really can get through.

And I think everyone agrees Hodgson needs to go

And I think everyone agrees Hodgson needs to go

He's better than Capello, although probably not as good as Eriksson. Idk if there's anyone to replace him at the moment, as the replacements for Neville, Ferdinand, Terry and Cole simply aren't good enough.

Costa Rica 1 - 0 Italy, 45 mins to go.

_75702386_8ab603fe-eac4-4f05-9045-155c86

It's bag packing time. If Costa Rica continue to play like this I can see them winning all 3 of their group matches, and getting to the quarter-finals.

• Administrators

Cameroon and Spain will be winners.

lol Spain is outta the competition.   :lol:

Well that Belgium v Russia game was abysmal, I sometimes wonder how Fabio Capello actually finds work.

Belgium were equally drab, just flashes of individual brilliance. Been disappointed with Belgium and Argentina, only last minute heroics have somehow got them 6 points.

The one game England don't have to win is the game they perform the best in haha, a bit like Spain this year really.

edit: And Suarez bites another victim, whereas Godin (who should be on a suspension) scores Uruguay's goal.

ahaha Suarez even dived after he bit Chiellini 

Greece v Ivory Coast, what a game. Shame that it's pretty much all over for the Ivory Coast's golden generation, 3 times they've failed to get out of the group stages now.

Belgium should be the ones worried. USA have been better considering their squad, Red Devils haven't exactly lit up the way they were supposed to

Lol Greece can't play for real. I'm glad I'm not a Greece-supporter.

Supporting England is far, far worse.

GER v FRA is gonna be a good match, assuming GER wins against ALG.

Hoping USA gives BEL hell, USA may not win it but been doing good so far. Damn you Ronaldo and that friggen beautiful cross...

Archived