Suggesting a price for something you trade regularly

Hugeisno1

Ok so I've been trading in an item. I notice that buying them at bp.tf prices is a race against other traders and selling them for higher is quick and painless. Now because I noticed this I've been buying each and everyone I can at bp.tf price without too much hassle. A couple of other traders seem to be doing the same as me as I've had guys often offering to buy my entire stock or 2 or 3 for the bp.tf price.

Now here's my dilemma.  How should I go about a price suggestion for the item when I've been the one buying them en mass and selling 1-3 a day? I don't believe your own sales make for the best proof and to be honest I'm tempted not to suggest it because I'm profiting from not doing so. Just posting this is making a little man in my head hit his head against the wall repeatedly.
I've tried this with another item that had the same 'problem' but because I sat around for a week not posting about it I lost all the good proof of sales that there were that didn't have me buying them.

Coming here and saying "Hey look this item's selling like hat shaped hot cakes. Someone do a suggestion" seems silly.

So how should one go about this without it being marked as price manipulation? 

Ok so I've been trading in an item. I notice that buying them at bp.tf prices is a race against other traders and selling them for higher is quick and painless. Now because I noticed this I've been buying each and everyone I can at bp.tf price without too much hassle. A couple of other traders seem to be doing the same as me as I've had guys often offering to buy my entire stock or 2 or 3 for the bp.tf price.

Now here's my dilemma.  How should I go about a price suggestion for the item when I've been the one buying them en mass and selling 1-3 a day? I don't believe your own sales make for the best proof and to be honest I'm tempted not to suggest it because I'm profiting from not doing so. Just posting this is making a little man in my head hit his head against the wall repeatedly.

I've tried this with another item that had the same 'problem' but because I sat around for a week not posting about it I lost all the good proof of sales that there were that didn't have me buying them.

Coming here and saying "Hey look this item's selling like hat shaped hot cakes. Someone do a suggestion" seems silly.

So how should one go about this without it being marked as price manipulation? 

It doesn't matter what people call it as long as the proof is there. Do the suggestion if you want to, really no reason not to.

The fact that he owns multiples of this item does not invalidate the incontrovertible proof provided. As a matter of fact, a trader that often deals with a suggested item is usually a more reliable source for a given item as he will be more adept at noticing market trends.

Festive Sapper or strange parts?    ;)

Neither one of these. Nope not one of those. Not possible at all. The former one is especially not the item I'm talking about.

img-457311-2-liarjack_animated__gif_by_k

y so secretive

The reason for attempted secrecy. Attempted being the word because Grime's already figured it out. Is that again profit is to be had in not putting up a price suggestion. I'm already making the sales, the price bump won't help me that much. People selling at bp.tf are those who's research doesn't go past this one site or are cashing out. Also traders love a good deal. Once people figure it out they'll be buying it themselves hence more competition in the rather limited field. I do feel like a bad guy for not doing it sooner though.

Well I think I will put up the price suggestion now. In the Morning. Tomorrow. 
Thanks everyone for your replies

Archived