Suddenly it makes sense...

ADAMPOKE111

So doubtless you've all heard of the bread update 'n' stuff. But not many people know about this: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=13661

A mysterious timer... 8 hours remain as of writing this post. Possible end of line update countdown, moonbase or the bread update? This game is 7 years old now, lets face it, the end of line is likely to be the last update, while it's more likely to to be to do with moonbase.

) .

PCGamer also wrote an article on it: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/17/team-fortress-2-countdown-clock-appears-update-assumed-imminent/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Countdown: http://www.teamfortress.com/countdown/suspense.htm

Are you hyped enough yet?

Just because it's name "The End of the Line" doesn't mean it's the last tf2 update. Pretty sure it means the end of the tracks for the train.

Besides, Valve is making new weapons and they posted it like a few days ago. Why would they put new weapons in an update without updating again for buffs and nerfs...

+ Look at the comics, it going to take about 10 more issues too finish that. Ending team fortress 2 would mean the end of the comic.

Just because it's name "The End of the Line" doesn't mean it's the last tf2 update. Pretty sure it means the end of the tracks for the train.

Besides Valve is making new weapons and they posted it like a few days ago. Why would they put new weapons in an update without updating again for buffs and nerfs...

I don't know, this update is probably moonbase come to think of it.

TF2 will only end when people stop pouring money into it. Given Valve still gets enough community contributions to put out a regular update every month, I doubt they will retire it anytime soon

This game is 7 years old now, lets face it, the end of line is likely to be the last update.

companies dont stop updating games because they feel like it's getting too old

VALVe still makes a ton of money from TF2 and it is always within the top 5 games played on Steam

they wouldnt just be like "meh, 7 years, gotta throw in the towel despite it still being one of the #1 most played steam games"

Oh my goodness I recognize that song! It's Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes!

I just realised that too! :o

end of the line is just a reference to the movie that guy is making not eh "end of tf2"

Valve barely does anything with tf2, just the occasional update in cosmetics (even that is just pulling from the workshop) and it's still making a lot of money, it would be stupid to pull the plug now especially since the economy is stronger than ever.

Archived