What changed, Chief?

Hatch Rawer Beryl

So I was reading some random Bill's hat thread and I came across this: http://i.imgur.com/7DLDNRJ.png?2

Has something changed between then and now? It certainly looks that way. Chief even accepted the 4.66-5.11 refined suggestion: http://i.imgur.com/13ntBCw.png?2

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a "omg the mods musht be curopt" thing. The real question is... Are quicksales acceptable proof now? they seem to be. The drop from 4.88-5 refined to 4.66-5 refined was based solely on quicksales. I mean, do we have the same standards for key pricing as every other item? If so, Bill's hats need to be changed to 7.5-8 keys, stat.

the meaning of the word "now" changed between the two images

"What changed between then and now?" 

"then" refers to what Chief posted in the first picture, "now" refers to what Chief accepted in the second picture and the practices of backpack.tf in the present time in general. Sorry for the confusion.

If buyers pay more then price must go up. So i guess thats why keys went up

And the low end is only because theres plenty of sellers at 4.66 and buyers that are successful. So thats why i think 4.66 stayed. 

Keys are the exception. Because prices are all over the place. 

"What changed between then and now?" 

"then" refers to what Chief posted in the first picture, "now" refers to what Chief accepted in the second picture and the practices of backpack.tf in the present time in general. Sorry for the confusion.

I was referring to the first link, where Chief said "keys would be 4.66-5 ref by now.  I should have been more clear.  Two weeks ago, those values were in fact quick-buys.  Two weeks have passed, overall prices have risen and those sales are no longer quick-buys.  There are buyers who buy at 5 keys in bulk.  Time passing is the only change that I can see, though maybe Chief can weigh in.

I was referring to the first link, where Chief said "keys would be 4.66-5 ref by now.  I should have been more clear.  Two weeks ago, those values were in fact quick-buys.  Two weeks have passed, overall prices have risen and those sales are no longer quick-buys.  There are buyers who buy at 5 keys in bulk.  Time passing is the only change that I can see, though maybe Chief can weigh in.

My real question was "Are quicksales acceptable proof?" Chief said that quicksales aren't acceptable proof in the first picture. The 4.66-5 refined suggestion was accepted on quicksales. That's why I want to know whether quicksales are viable proof.

My real question was "Are quicksales acceptable proof?" Chief said that quicksales aren't acceptable proof in the first picture. The 4.66-5 refined suggestion was accepted on quicksales. That's why I want to know whether quicksales are viable proof.

I assume you mean the 4.66-5.11 one.  I guess you and I just disagree on 5.11 being quicksales.

anyway, I'm not the guy you're asking the questions, so I'll stay quiet.

Key suggestions do not follow the same precedent as other suggestions, or other items for that matter.

The volume of key trades is so great that quickbuyers and quicksellers can still be successful enough to pressure the value.

For the vast majority of items quicksales remain unacceptable proof

I didn't accept the first 4.66-5 key suggestion. If something would have changed, and we were accepting quicksells for all items, you can imagine how the pricelist would look like.

About keys, I thought that if we were considering the price of 4.66, we should then consider 5.11. That's why I accepted it. I still think the correct price for keys should be 4.88-5.11 at least.

quicksales aren't proof... its just if people are trading at a certain high or low end of a range at a consistent enough basis its good enough for it to be included in the new price suggestion. why are people getting so worked up about a 3 cent price difference?

Archived