Paint value on items

Asian Ginger

Hey, i feel that paint is not always valued correctly on an item.

On a Bill's, black paint easily raises the value by about 2 keys, but some guy painted his ellis cap black and tried to sell it for the price of the paint. I think paint should raise the value of an item not only depending on the paint, but also on how good the item is. It is logical to paint a Bill's black but an black ellis cap is sort of a waste.

I know it would be really complicated to make recommended prices like this on bazaar, but what do you guys think?

The formula already takes this into account, only going to double the hat's price to calculate the bonus (so a White painted craft hat, for instance, has a bonus of 1.33 to a full price of 2.66)

IT really depends on what people will pay. bills is a popular hat, but black is still pretty hard to sell for 10 keys (most sellers still try for 10)

a regular crappy ol craft hat will not fetch 2 keys simply because it is not wanted

There is a big problem with the current system....

Black Paint is 7.55-9.44 (8.5 Average).....

A Ballcap (priced at 1.33-1.66) is a pretty desired hat, so paint will hold its value pretty well, meaning that you should be able to get 50% of the paints value in addition to the hat (making a black ballcaps price: 5.75 Refined, But the current system lists it at a mere 3 Refined....)

In General most hats can get 50% of high tier paint prices back, and a 30%~ for lower tier paints (<1 ref), So, i feel that taking 50% of a paints value and addining it to a hats value would be more accurate. (Granted, craft hats will never retain their paint value, but hats that people actually want will--And there are some cheap hats that people actually want). 

TL;DR Any hat listed between 1.66-3 Refined won't get a large enough add-on from the paint (black/white) even though it wouldn't be too difficult to get 50% of paint value...

I think white paint/black paint on 1.33 hat make too little of a bonus. I mean if you go to the market those painted hats can reach more than 1 key easily

IT really depends on what people will pay. bills is a popular hat, but black is still pretty hard to sell for 10 keys (most sellers still try for 10)

a regular crappy ol craft hat will not fetch 2 keys simply because it is not wanted

Strongly disagree. A Black Bill's is an easy sell for 10 keys. (Maybe not easy, easy, given the value, but it takes less than 4 hours posted to get offers and a B/O paid of 10 keys) The main concern I have is rather the White Bill's, since many people still count it as 9.5 keys (I bought mine for 8 keys + 3 ref), even though the paint value alone would make it over 10 keys (using backpack.tf's algorithm.)

Strongly disagree. A Black Bill's is an easy sell for 10 keys. (Maybe not easy, easy, given the value, but it takes less than 4 hours posted to get offers and a B/O paid of 10 keys) The main concern I have is rather the White Bill's, since many people still count it as 9.5 keys (I bought mine for 8 keys + 3 ref), even though the paint value alone would make it over 10 keys (using backpack.tf's algorithm.)

. I sell both black and white bill before. Take days to sell white bill at 9 keys 2 ref. my black bill still not sell yet after 5 days+

Well a black/white bill should b 9 keys with 50% of paint. (but sincr bills are a currency there painted variants are also a currency, so a bit more than 50% is possible.

. I sell both black and white bill before. Take days to sell white bill at 9 keys 2 ref. my black bill still not sell yet after 5 days+

Well, how much are you selling the Black Bill's for? If it's keys pure, I could buy it. As for White Bill's, I've sold like 3 of em over the past 3 days or so for 10 keys (2 of em in items), and a friend of mine, BQE, sells em for 9 keys + 2.33, and buys em for 9 keys. He shifts 1-2 a day.

Well, how much are you selling the Black Bill's for? If it's keys pure, I could buy it. As for White Bill's, I've sold like 3 of em over the past 3 days or so for 10 keys (2 of em in items), and a friend of mine, BQE, sells em for 9 keys + 2.33, and buys em for 9 keys. He shifts 1-2 a day.

selling my black bill for 9 keys 2 ref

Archived