Getting Negative Trust Removed

56MinuteMek

I had 2 unusuals, an Aces High Slick Cut and and a Cloud 9 Merryweather

I traded them both for a Burning Ketche and a few days after the trade, suggestions made by me passed to drop those hats significantly.

So naturally, I get a butthurt trader who decides to post fake negative rep on my backpack.tf profile http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198044412363

Then a few days later, I check back to find he made an alt, which has no trades and 2 friends and now has started posting on all my OP trades, claiming I "revised" the prices to "shark" him.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20281357#p56033320

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20193935#latest

So, naturally this is completely fake and biased rep and I would like to get it removed. If this is the wrong forum to post this please let me know ^.^

I had 2 unusuals, an Aces High Slick Cut and and a Cloud 9 Merryweather

I traded them both for a Burning Ketche and a few days after the trade, suggestions made by me passed to drop those hats significantly.

So naturally, I get a butthurt trader who decides to post fake negative rep on my backpack.tf profile http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198044412363

Then a few days later, I check back to find he made an alt, which has no trades and 2 friends and now has started posting on all my OP trades, claiming I "revised" the prices to "shark" him.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20281357#p56033320

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20193935#latest

So, naturally this is completely fake and biased rep and I would like to get it removed. If this is the wrong forum to post this please let me know ^.^

Wait you didn't drop them, you made counters to Gent's ones that both weren't accepted...

Whats wrong with that guy...

But good job getting rid of those 2 shit unusuals.

When Gent dropped your unusual prices you got butthurt too didn't you...

Edit:Don't try dropping mine. O wait, just sold all of them for pure ;)

Proof that I was butthurt? (The unusuals Gent dropped were the ones I gave to Mr.Butthurt here)

Wait you didn't drop them, you made counters to Gent's ones that both weren't accepted...

Whats wrong with that guy...

But good job getting rid of those 2 shit unusuals.

Cheeky edit, but yeah I made a counter to the Merry, couldn't be fucked at the time to make on for the Slick and I closed them after I traded them away

They should really implement a feature that allows you to report rep on people's profile as most of the time when I see request for removing rep, it's always on the forums?

I felt like doing something, so I gave his alt account negative trust. I know it's not much, but it's all I can do.

They should really implement a feature that allows you to report rep on people's profile as most of the time when I see request for removing rep, it's always on the forums?

I felt like doing something, so I gave his alt account negative trust. I know it's not much, but it's all I can do.

Yeah  I agree with that Enig.

Cheers nick!

Proof that I was butthurt? (The unusuals Gent dropped were the ones I gave to Mr.Butthurt here)

Sorry I didn't read XD

I got the best -rep on my profile. Some guy accused me of backing down and wrote in some retarded language unbeknownst to me that

"swaveboard : I love to shark people, don't trust me! somefuckedname : Nuuu u cheat i report u so i can get free stuff".

And he has 2 -reps.

Ban him pls.

I personally would just like to remove all rep from my side, it's pointless anyways.  2 blind +reps along with 2 false - reps.

Please make a ticket or PM a mod for things like these. A random thread buried in the forums will often not get looked at by mods. Anyways, I will take care of this.

I am the user in question.

To tell my side of the story:

I had a trade up on Tf2outpost for a Burning Janissary Ketche, and AhBeng4Lyfe offered me a Cloud 9 Vintage Merryweather and an Aces High Slick Cut.

Upon checking backpack.tf I found that they were each about 3 buds each, so I gladly accepted the trade. I figured it was a good one.

He adds me, and we trade, and I unfriend him because I only keep real friends on my friends list. Then about two hours later he adds me back and tells me that I have to retrade him because those two unusuals he had given me weren't his to give away - they were his friends'. He claims that he will give me more keys the next day to compensate.

I said sorry, but a trade is a trade. He keeps begging for me to retrade, and when I firmly tell him no he starts to rant at me, telling me that I am a "greedy" person and that I will suffer. Then he tells me that he lied and that he had actually gotten a better offer for those two unusuals. 

Then he posts a link on backpack.tf that shows that the price of the Cloud 9 Vintage Merryweather has dropped more than half a bud. I get mad and I block and unfriend him.

I am pretty pissed off at this point so I will admit that I asked my friend to put a -rep on his trust, and I put one there myself. I was fueled by his false and derogatory claim on MY trust page that I had promised keys, which I never did. He was the one to do so.

So I got banned, without the backpack.tf admins hearing my side of the story. AhBeng4Lyfe is a pretty prominent member of this website, and I am a virtual nobody. But please believe me, I had no intention of abusing anything. I just wanted to get my story heard. And if there is a way for past chat logs to be illustrated please help me to find it. It will tell the whole and complete story. AhBeng4Lyfe is not a trustworthy person and he has behaved like a scumbag to me. What I did in response was my ignorance to how the system works and just my desire to get the story heard.

EDIT: I see he has changed his name to 56MinuteMek.

• Administrators

-snip-

EDIT: I see he has changed his name to 56MinuteMek.

You should have mentioned some of that details when you gave negative feedback, also a screenshot of the chat would be even better. Your neg rep was vague and did not make sense, thus the mods/admins took the action they needed to.

Anyways, if you want to...You can always appeal your ban here :

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?app=tickets

-- Please post any evidence you have to back up your appeal. 

-- Please make it detailed and explain the situation clearly.

Good luck!  ^_^

You should have mentioned some of that details when you gave negative feedback, also a screenshot of the chat would be even better. Your neg rep was vague and did not make sense, thus the mods/admins took the action they needed to.

Anyways, if you want to...You can always appeal your ban here :

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?app=tickets

-- Please post any evidence you have to back up your appeal. 

-- Please make it detailed and explain the situation clearly.

Good luck!  ^_^

Thank you. I would have mentioned extra details but as you know trust comments are limited in words, plus I wasn't thinking rationally at the time :)

I have already appealed the ban and have been in communication with an admin (polar bear). He understands my side of the situation but I'm not positive I will get unbanned.

In other words you pulled an avery :l

As long as proper proof was used in those suggestions shouldnt be an issue

I had a trade up on Tf2outpost for a Burning Janissary Ketche, and AhBeng4Lyfe offered me a Cloud 9 Vintage Merryweather and an Aces High Slick Cut.

Upon checking backpack.tf I found that they were each about 3 buds each, so I gladly accepted the trade. I figured it was a good one.

So I got banned, without the backpack.tf admins hearing my side of the story. AhBeng4Lyfe is a pretty prominent member of this website, and I am a virtual nobody. But please believe me, I had no intention of abusing anything

Firstly, the prices on bp.tf are guidelines and prices can be out of date, for future purchases i would suggest doing some quick research on items before accepting.

Just to clear up, I dont recognise the OP (so not exactly a prominent member or well not important enough for me to remember) you were probably banned due to the spam received on both his profile and trades, not because mods here "side" with users which is what you seemed to imply :S

Good luck with your ban appeal  ^_^

In other words you pulled an avery :l

As long as proper proof was used in those suggestions shouldnt be an issue

Firstly, the prices on bp.tf are guidelines and prices can be out of date, for future purchases i would suggest doing some quick research on items before accepting.

Just to clear up, I dont recognise the OP (so not exactly a prominent member or well not important enough for me to remember) you were probably banned due to the spam received on both his profile and trades, not because mods here "side" with users which is what you seemed to imply :S

Good luck with your ban appeal  ^_^

Yes I have learned from my mistake and will do a quick outpost search before any kind of trade.

It just seemed like a permanent ban was overly excessive for what appears to be a minor infraction. I left a -trust and asked my friend to do the same...and the mod thought it was enough for a permanent ban? Maybe it's just me though.

And the OP has multiple accepted suggestions and has the mod's full support (the mod got rid of the -trust I left on the OP, banned me and didn't remove the -trust the OP left on my page) so...

My ban has been reduced to two weeks! Huzzah! Thanks for the positive encouragement, Derpeh and Plaxorous. As to the rest of you, please don't just hear one side of the story before jumping to conclusions.

Archived