Arrested Development 2013

Teeird

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This, and Community are the only good comedy series to come out of America. I am a happy Brit.

Ahem; Parks and Recreation

How is that show? I can't stand Amy Poelmer. I heard it's good.

It's got a very tightly packed, character-driven comedy style. Think The Office but the characters are actually likable (it actually started as a spinoff of The Office but the final product doesn't have any direct ties to it). The first seasons are good, but it gets noticeably funnier when Chris and Ben join the cast. Even if you hate Amy Poelher the cast is fairly large and all the characters get a good deal of attention.

Like any show it has it's flaws, but I did a netflix binge of the first 4 seasons and I was far from disapointed.

This, and Community are the only good comedy series to come out of America. I am a happy Brit.

Game of thrones? I'm pretty sure it's American, which is the only flaw of the series (books are still better)

Game of thrones? I'm pretty sure it's American, which is the only flaw of the series (books are still better)

I wasn't aware that GoT was a Comedy. :lol:

• 3 months later...

I wasn't aware that GoT was a Comedy. :lol:

Dat massive necro. Missed it the first time around.

Maybe not strictly comedy, but you can't deny (that is if you watched it) that there are very funny parts in it. It's just a mix of a lot of things, and one of those is comedy. I would describe it as epic comedy (epic in the classical meaning of the word, a long story filled with heroes, ie The Illyad, the Odyssey and the Metamorphosis)

Archived