Need some help with trading (BP - 1 bud)

Duo

Everyday i climb higher and higher as my backpack gets better and better and closer and closer to my dream unusual :D

its a Hong Kong Cone prefered Poisoned Shadows but im fine with any other effect as long as its not bad 

as of this current time my backpack is 1.1 earbuds, took me 3 weeks to get it there, loses here and there. I need tips with unusual trading and prices, etc. 

I have questions like, should i go straight to buying quicksell unusuals with 20 keys pure, or shud i goto 30-35 and then use 20 to buy quicksells and keep the 10-15 for normal trading like buying low and selling high, etc. 

TL:DR, looking for a guy who can be online and answer my questions and help me with unpure and unsual tiers, gens, because im very very very new to this (3 weeks of trading so far) 

(somewhat like a mentor)

a few questions 

- What is 3rd gen unusuals, 1st gen etc

- How do you price unusuals, ik backpack.tf isnt correct sometimes 

- what are the unusual tiers (except nuts n bolts becuz ik its the worst, unless im wrong) 

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052861784/ 

Backpack tf  : http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198052861784

As of this moment all i do is buy stuff low and sell high and thats it, i make around 7-8 refined per day and sometimes can go alot higher to 10-15 refined on good days) 

Answer to first question:

The 1st Gen Unusuals are the first set of Unusual effects to have been released. They include Burning and Scorching Flames, Vivid and Searing Plasmas, Green and Purple Energy and Confett, Sunbeams, Mass Flies, Haunted Ghosts, and Circling Heart, TF Logo, and Peace Sign. They are normally worth more than later generations and are the most stable, making them well-sought for.

The 2nd Gen Unusuals are the second set of Unusual effects to have been released. They include Stormy and Blizzardy Storm, Bubbling, Nuts and Bolts, Steaming and Smoking, and Orbiting Fire and Planets. They're not as valuable as the 1st Gen effects, but they tend to be more stable than the more recent Unusual effects.

The 3rd Gen Unusuals are the third set(?) of Unusual effects to have been released. (Correct me on this one, I think the Robo effects might have come before) They include Aces High and Dead Presidents, Miami Nights and Disco Beat Down, Terror-Watt and Kill-a-Watt, and Cloud 9. These effects were massively unboxed and were priced based off of hyped up prices and other 3rd Gen Unusuals which also had overpriced values. They tend to be rather unstable nowadays with their overinflated prices and thus unwanted by many traders.

You also have the Robo Effects and the Halloween effects which tend to be rare in existence and rare to be traded for.

The Robo Effects include Phosphorous and Sulfurous, Memory Leak and Overclocked, Time Warp and Green Black Hole, Electrostatic and Power Surge, and Anti-Freeze and Roboactive. They were massively unboxed, but not as much as the 3rd Gens. They tend to be a bit stable and could sometimes go for quite a bit depending on the effect and hat.

The Halloween Effects come in 3 different groups: the 2011 Effects, the 2012 Effects and the 2013 Effects.

The 2011 Effects include Cloudy Moon, Eerie Orbiting Fire, Flaming Lantern, and Cauldron Bubbles.

The 2012 Effects include Knifestorm, Misty Skull, Harvest Moon, It's A Secret To Everybody, and Stormy 13th Hour.

The 2013 Effects include Arcana and Spellbound, Hellfire, Darkblaze, and Demonflame, and Poisoned Shadows, Chiroptera Venenata, and Something Burning This Way Comes.

The newer effects tend to be overpriced while the older effects tend to be stable. However they were only unboxable during Halloween events, therefore making them rare.

Answer to second question:

To price Unusuals, you have to look at what the hat sold for and make a deduction. It is rather complicated depending on the sale and there are already videos explaining in depth how to do them. Plus, I don't have very much experience pricing Unusuals, so I'm not the one to be explaining. Feel free to ask any of the more veteran suggesters.

Answer to third question:

I myself am not familiar with the exact tiers of each Generation's effects as well as all effects in one large picture. You should ask some of the more experienced traders around here

Some advice from me:

Buy cancer low tiers a few keys cheaper than they are worth and resell. Open a trade a little something like this http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20163315 and buy to resell only. 8-14 keys is the ideal range to aim for (when paying) and backpack.tf gives a general idea of low tiers prices (as they are usually commonly traded and priced). Avoid new effects like any of the watts, aces high, dead pres and most other 3rd gens. Handle robo unusuals with care and aim for 2nd gens to begin with. Stormy storm, blizzardy storm, bubbling, steaming, smoking, nuts & bolts are good to start with. The green or purple fettis and circling peace or tf2 will probably be the only 1st gens you can afford but they are far and few between. Buy a cheap unusual but before jumping in check outpost for other sellers, make sure there are no sellers below what the guy is offering and you have at least a 2 key gap from what you pay to what you plan to sell at (and what others are selling for).

Also check for scammers before trading anything on here http://steamrep.com/ and check for dupes by clicking the backpack.tf link and finding the item then checking the history. Plus never click links from people adding you saying "my friend has an error but wants to trade you xxxxxxxx" as steamcommunity will be spelt wrong and they will steal your account if you log in. 

Add me if you have more questions :)

Posted · Hidden by Chief D, June 8, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Chief D, June 8, 2014 - No reason given

A few tips:

1. When people add you and ask you to add their friend. Click on the link, it might not work if u dont click on the link.

2. When people want you to look at the screenshot click it, its always nice

3. When people ask if your "doing the same thing" click on the link, who knows they might be right

4. When people ask for you to give ur items to a trustworthy friend, do it.

5. When people with almost no rep and a 1 month old account asks u to go first, go first, you will look trustworthy

6. When you buy an unusual, then the trade errors and you see the effect on the hat change, accept it anyways, steam is probably lagging.

A few tips:

1. When people add you and ask you to add their friend. Click on the link, it might not work if u dont click on the link.

3. When people ask if your "doing the same thing" click on the link, who knows they might be right

5. When people with almost no rep and a 1 month old account asks u to go first, go first, you will look trustworthy

6. When you buy an unusual, then the trade errors and you see the effect on the hat change, accept it anyways, steam is probably lagging.

Don't be an ass Radiated, at least help the kid out. 

Basically do the opposite of what he said xD

A few tips:

LMFAO thank you for this.

A few tips:

Apparently everyone is an asshole on the Internet, which is ironic for me to say because I've made snarky comments to people complaining about people being assholes on the Internet.

Do the opposite of everything this guy says.

Archived