Best crate to unbox as of 6-8-14

Bill nye the Nazi spy

hello, i was looking o see what is the best crate to unbox as of:6-8-14 is.

I've been wanting to lately, and i just want to know what do you guys think to unbox is(profit wise)

please tell me why you think its the best crate.

I know that crates that are #25 or under are good to unbox since they have a higher chance at first-gen Unusuals. I think #1, #9, #17, #20, #21, #23, and #25 are good to unbox.

I know that crates that are #25 or under are good to unbox since they have a higher chance at first-gen Unusuals. I think #1, #9, #17, #20, #21, #23, and #25 are good to unbox.

I thought it was under #21.

It would really depend on your budget.

Crate #21s have a great chance at profit and breaking even, but the crates tend to be more costly.

Crates #23 and #25 have some ok return and go for rather cheap. Poor-man's unboxing crate for first gens.

Crate #83 can be profitable if you get a Prof Kit. Although if you do get an Unusual, it's more than likely going to be a third gen.

You can ask Mr. Bucket for some unboxing advice. I've heard he has some experience with unboxing.

AFAIK, crates #25 and lower are the only ones that contain 1st gen effects. I haven't heard about anyone unboxing 1st gen from #26+.

I would uncrate between 18 and 25, or 83. Under 18, you might get a unique weapon, which would really suck. Above 25, you'll get less chance to get a first gen effect. #83 can get you a Prof Kit, and if you get the Scattergun one, jackpot

AFAIK, crates #25 and lower are the only ones that contain 1st gen effects. I haven't heard about anyone unboxing 1st gen from #26+.

Its possible but rarer.  I watched someone got a Fetti Unusual from #55.

It's impossible to profit.  Crates with higher value items in them (e.g. #13, #14, #21, etc.) are more expensive, so even if you get something worth a key or more, you also had to spend more than 3 cents on the crate.  Then there's the fact that if you unbox anything higher than 20 (I've gotten a 2nd gen from crate #23 so the <25 theory for only first gens is BS), there's an overwhelmingly large chance you'll get 2nd or 3rd gen.  

If you're going to unbox, just accept that it will net you loss unless you get really lucky and unbox an unusual.  Just stick with the older crates, where at least you are guaranteed to get a first gen.  

It's impossible to profit.  Crates with higher value items in them (e.g. #13, #14, #21, etc.) are more expensive, so even if you get something worth a key or more, you also had to spend more than 3 cents on the crate.  Then there's the fact that if you unbox anything higher than 20 (I've gotten a 2nd gen from crate #23 so the <25 theory for only first gens is BS), there's an overwhelmingly large chance you'll get 2nd or 3rd gen.  

If you're going to unbox, just accept that it will net you loss unless you get really lucky and unbox an unusual.  Just stick with the older crates, where at least you are guaranteed to get a first gen.  

What Unusual did you get?

What Unusual did you get?

Orbiting Fire Soldered Sensei.  This was in March and I was like "Fuck you Valve for giving me this shit hat with a shit effect" and sold it within a day for 15 keys.  Couple a weeks later, Valve turns it into a misc.  GG Valve, G fucking G.  

Archived