If you had to lose one of your five senses which one would you ditch?

Santa Heavy

26 members have voted

1. 1. Read the title.

• Touch
    • Taste
    • Smell
    • Hearing
    • Sight

Interested in hearing some answers.

For me it would have to be taste.

Yeah it miss out on tasting some amazing stuff. But now I could eat anything healthy and not have to worry how bad it tastes.

Not hearing b/c then I can't hear music.

Not feeling because I could burn and never know.

Not smelling because I wouldn't be able to smell out fumes and stuff.

Not seeing because then I can't see suggestions.

It's a hard decision

Make it a poll :S 

Not Sight--Can't trade/drive/see *duh/etc..

Not Hearing--Can't listen to music/can't have a conversation

Not Touch--Sex. 

Smell if it doesn't affect sense of tast. 

Taste if no sense of small means no sense of taste. 

Probably smell. I can survive not smelling good smells, and I won't have to smell bad smells. I'll just have to have someone who can smell with me at most times in case of toxic fumes.

Smell. I sit at my computer all day. There's not much to smell.

Which would Helen Keller pick?

Either smell, taste, or feel

Because she isnt already blind and def

Touch

Imagine how trippy that'd be

Well yeah, you're walking down the street, a rock blocks you but your feet doesn't feel it. What happens next?

Well yeah, you're walking down the street, a rock blocks you but your feet doesn't feel it. What happens next?

You don't feel ANY touch

Basically, you don't feel your body touching anything. You're forever floating, since you can't feel the air passing by, nor the clothes around your body, nor the other things you're touching

It'd be basically like an out of body experience.

You don't feel ANY touch

Basically, you don't feel your body touching anything. You're forever floating, since you can't feel the air passing by, nor the clothes around your body, nor the other things you're touching

It'd be basically like an out of body experience.

You'd be completely screwed.

I would vote touch and be all emo and shiz. I wouldn't lose taste because I would wanna taste things I eat, like taco bell. And not smell because I would wanna smell what I smell like flowers :P

Having no sense of touch would make a lot of things very different and impossible (imagine eating without knowing what you're chewing, if you're done chewing, if you swallowed properly, etc)

Having no sense of sight would cripple daily activities

Having no sense of hearing would leave you very vulnerable to things outside your line of view

Having no sense of smell would leave you victim to gaseous hazards

Having no sense of taste would ruin eating.

I'm going to have to go with taste, even though I'm a food conneseiur, it's the least necessary for my survival.

Best diet evar. No need to eat what tastes good, just eat what sustains life.

Best diet evar. No need to eat what tastes good, just eat what sustains life.

Indeed

Also, some taste actually comes from the scent of the food, as well as the texture of it. That would rely on smell and touch, respectively. For example, a raw potato, raw onion, and an apple are almost indistinguishable based on taste buds alone, but they have different smells and textures so you can distinguish between them.

Indeed

Also, some taste actually comes from the scent of the food, as well as the texture of it. That would rely on smell and touch, respectively. For example, a raw potato, raw onion, and an apple are almost indistinguishable based on taste buds alone, but they have different smells and textures so you can distinguish between them.

Vaguely remember saying that. Also, screw smell. You can smell most dangerous games anyway, plus most will make you light headed supplementing the lack of smell.

Having no sense of touch would make a lot of things very different and impossible (imagine eating without knowing what you're chewing, if you're done chewing, if you swallowed properly, etc)

Having no sense of sight would cripple daily activities

Having no sense of hearing would leave you very vulnerable to things outside your line of view

Having no sense of smell would leave you victim to gaseous hazards

I'm going to have to go with taste, even though I'm a food conneseiur, it's the least necessary for my survival.

You are way more likely to eat something rotten/any other way that it's gone bad that you can sense by the taste than be a victim to "gaseous hazards"

You are way more likely to eat something rotten/any other way that it's gone bad that you can sense by the taste than be a victim to "gaseous hazards"

Foods which have gone bad usually smell bad as well. For example, if my milk goes bad, I usually smell it first. If I taste that it's gone bad, well it's already too late...

Archived