Hover CAT =^()_()^=

Well as the title suggest bronies are invading many tf2 servers (if your not aware)

but I do not mind since I'm a brony myself.

The point of this is to know your opinion and what do you believe?

Do you believe the brony philosophy or are you against it? 

What the hell is the "brony philosophy"? Its just some dudes that like a show. Should we talk about the Batman invasion or the Emma Watson invasion. Frankly no one cares unless they're preteens that can't resist getting on some server at night and bashing someone which is a waste of everyone's time. There's nothing special about bronies and I highly doubt most give two ...[curse word] if you are one or not.

One of the moderators, cleverpun, is a brony who actively writes fan fiction, but no one gives him flack about it because at the end of the day, other stuff matters more like if you are truly an asset to the team or not.

It's been that way for what, two and a half years?

I just don't give a fuck what somebody does in their free time. Used to watch it, it was fine. Still have some of the music and art (see: my avatar), not much else. 

However, those that don't present their fanaticism in a mature way gain some disrespect from me. I don't often see people going around proclaiming their love for Whose Line is it Anyway, but it's an equally entertaining show to many audiences. If you like something, cool. A proclamation of your love is also fine. What I don't need is constant reinforcements, etc. to tell me that you love it; I get the point. This is one of the primary reasons I "seceded" from the fandom, I really can't stand that.

I know a bunch of guys who enjoy the show but aren't overly public with it. They're great people. I think the difference between those guys and the bronies I believe you're talking about is the bronies online are often seeking attention, and use their love of an abnormal topic as an outlet. Because of that, you have the "cancer population" who are, in my opinion, over-expressive and could use a check.

It's about behavior and not the show itself. People are people, shows are shows, it's the relation between person and show that creates an opinion.

Now, as for the philosophy, it's an impossible dream. It would be nice to have everybody and their neighbors loving each other, but that's unrealistic to the point of never happening. If it were at all possible, that'd be great. A small-scale spread of this philosophy could be achieved but would be broken down. My personal opinion is that's it's a buffer for many bronies, using the term "love and tolerate" to try to defuse those who are angry at either them, another person, or really anything in general that displeases the person using the term. On the flip side, a large majority of bronies I've met regard said philosophy as a joke and are hurtful or kind as they want.

I've also seen it used as a greeting or farewell, like "Heil Hitler" was used in Nazi Germany, which to be honest is kind of a dumb thing to do. 

I was always against so-called "bronyism", I found bronies annoying and had no idea why do mature people watch a cartoon for 7 year old girls. But MLP had something that was attracting me and I was afraid to admit it. One day I tried to watch the cartoon and when I've seen first 2 episodes, I felt like never before. There was something that cheered me up and I felt really happy. I couldn't stop watching it and I felt really weird. I was watching it everywhere: in bed, in university during lectures, at home, etc. Still I can't stand people spamming MLP crap everywhere trying to say "LOOK I'M A BRONY U MAD?". Overall it's a very nice cartoon and I don't regret watching all 3 seasons.

First of all, wait, someone else remembers Whose Line is it Anyway? Sweet.

Second of all, you are just noticing now that Bronies play TF2? While I am personally one myself, and have occasionally joked about it in my trade suggestions, I know my limits of where and when they should be referenced for the most part. While they did garner a lot of Internet attention due to the whole "grown men watch children's show OMG!", I think that the novelty of that has died out, partly due to time and partly due to other great children's shows coming along, such as Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Do some bronies overextend their boundaries, proclaiming "OMG LUV AND TOLERATE NOOB!" Of bucking course. They exist in every fandom, be it Trekkies, Whovians, whatever. The best thing you can do is ignore them.

Also, 'brony philosophy'? Really? You mean 'Love and Tolerate'? You do realize we made that up to counter trolls back in the days of 4chan. Other than that, I can't really think of any 'brony philosophies'...

Do some bronies overextend their boundaries, proclaiming "OMG LUV AND TOLERATE NOOB!" Of bucking course. They exist in every fandom, be it Trekkies, Whovians, whatever. The best thing you can do is ignore them.

It's always hilarious though when those types of bronies encounter the equally rabid anti-bronies, who go full exterminatus when they see anything involving cartoon horses.

Me, I'd consider myself one of the well-balanced bronies. It's fun to watch the show and discuss it, but I don't go around shoving it in people's faces. I will admit though, that in tf2, I have renamed my minigun Fluttershy and have started making a collection of Pony-themed clan prides, but that's the extent of it.

I find it pathetic, but that's me. It gets annoying when they talk about it. Cool talk about it with your brony friends, but don't destroy the internet placing damn ponies on every corner.

Also, moved this as this is not related with tf2, stop relating ponies with everything.

Being a brony myself I don't really care.

I hate those bronies who try to shove it down everyones throats...

Like seriously stfu no one cares dude.

As long as they respect me for my interests I'll respect them.

And that's that.

I have a problem with a lot of bronies, actually. They watch the show. Good. But no need to set your name to "DASHIE <333333" an go around inviting people into brony groups. I don't watch the show myself, but there are some shows I do watch. I don't set my name to MICHAEL SCOTT <33333. 

I have a problem with a lot of bronies, actually. They watch the show. Good. But no need to set your name to "DASHIE <333333" an go around inviting people into brony groups. I don't watch the show myself, but there are some shows I do watch. I don't set my name to MICHAEL SCOTT <33333. 

I'd much rather trade with someone named Pinkie Spy or Rainbow Dashin Hashshashin rather than someone with a derogatory term in their name like: http://www.tf2outpost.com/find/Niggahttp://www.tf2outpost.com/find/Motherfuckerhttp://www.tf2outpost.com/find/Bitchhttp://www.tf2outpost.com/find/Hitler, or http://www.tf2outpost.com/find/Asshole

Get over usernames its the internet ffs. If you get invited to one of their groups then simply ignore it, but don't get butthurt about it. Out of the 50 or so groups I've been invited to for no reason only about 3-5 of them have been brony groups. I treat them all the same, ignore and move on with my life rather than flip the shit and waste only my own time.

Also, moved this as this is not related with tf2, stop relating ponies with everything.

Chief what in the world does this have to do with politics, religion, or science? I moved it again.

Chief what in the world does this have to do with politics, religion, or science? I moved it again.

politics iff fighting

bronies iff fighting

politics iff bronies

amirite?

I thought you guys followed it like a religion, lol.

It's probably worse though, you don't see christians spamming jesus everywhere unless they are actual fanatics.

I thought you guys followed it like a religion, lol.

It's probably worse though, you don't see christians spamming jesus everywhere unless they are actual fanatics.

This from a Monty Python fan XD

Watched 1 minute.

Wasted 1 minute of my life.

That's my opinion. Maybe if I were 10 years younger... 

I respect those who choose to watch the shows and be part of the brony-community.

But they don't need to, as stated above, need to spam it all over the place that ponies are the best and every single human should watch the shows.

Watched 1 minute.

Wasted 1 minute of my life.

That's my opinion. Maybe if I were 10 years younger... 

I respect those who choose to watch the shows and be part of the brony-community.

But they don't need to, as stated above, need to spam it all over the place that ponies are the best and every single human should watch the shows.

Since the theme song takes up most of that 1 minutes then how can you judge a show based on nothing?

But i do agree, bronies do ruin mostly everything. "OMG U SAID SOMETHING BOUT PONIES ARE YOU A BRONY!!!!11!! "or "OH GOSH GUYS THIS HAT WAS SIGNED BY A BRONY MUSICIAN IT'S WORTH SOOOOO MUUUUUUCCCCCH" and don't even get me started on that old "Love and Tolerate" thing.

This is coming from somebody who enjoys the show, but thinks most people are in the brony fandom just so they can feel special.

I know because i used to join fandoms just to feel special ;_;

Since the theme song takes up most of that 1 minutes then how can you judge a show based on nothing?

O..okay it was a little bit longer.  :unsure:

My name and avatar changes every once in a while. I'm a shoe now.

Back then MP fans were simularly fanatical except more nerdy. I did have a bronie type that traded with me. He asked If I was ok trading with him. Really sheepish, like someone beat him up.

Archived