Anyone have experience installing Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mods?

Kevin the Chicken God

Basically the reason I downloaded Steam was to get a SWBF2 mod

For the past 2 years or so Ive been on and off trying to install it into my game, trying all the tutorials and stuff

I've never been successful at getting it to run in my game, all it seems it has done was occasionally break it

If anyone has experience and is willing to spend some time helping me install it, they might get a noice reward

can post mods I want to download and stuff if needed

Is it the conversion mod? I've installed that successfully on my SWBF2. If not I could likely help anyway. What mod?

Is it the conversion mod? I've installed that successfully on my SWBF2. If not I could likely help anyway. What mod?

Im looking to install Battlefront Extreme 2.2 mod, which requires conversion mods as well

If you already have all three installers downloaded, then I'll start from there. The installers for all three have the disc version (lucasarts folder) as the default installation point, so you need to change it to the Steam one. Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/StarWarsBattlefrontII/Gamedata. The installers should automatically tack on the gamedata part at the end, so make sure it's not on there twice, that was my mistake when I did this. Have you got the conversion patch as well? That's needed to make the conversion mods run well. If you don't I can give you a download link, I have all three stored on my mediafire. But if these instructions aren't clear enough, here's a nice video (poor quality, but the guy shows you how to install all three) on how to do it. 

Good luck! :)

Archived