Haunted vs Unique (Non-Haunted)

inu

So I just just messing around with some loadouts on loadout.tf when I noticed that there was a hat called Birdie Bonnet. I fell in love.

I then proceeded to go on backpack.tf and search up the price for said item, and the price difference between the haunted version (1 ref) and unique version (1 key) was huge.

So my question is:

Since the Birdie Bonnet is a Halloween item, does the unique version show up in-game even when it's not full-moon? Or is it simply 2 different item qualities that don't actually affect anything in-game? And most servers have the equipping Halloween item mechanic enabled right?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Note: I tried to search for an answer but all the answers varied fro some reason.

Unique 2013 halloween items are rare and

haunted versions were common when unboxing

EDIT: forgot to answer your question , they both don't show up in game unless there is a full moon but they show up on servers that let halloween items equipped or you can use a Enchantment:Eternaween which last 2 hours

Unique 2013 halloween items are rare and

haunted versions were common when unboxing

EDIT: forgot to answer your question , they both don't show up in game unless there is a full moon but they show up on servers that let halloween items equipped or you can use a Enchantment:Eternaween which last 2 hours

Thanks! I'll definitely just go for the 1 ref version then :3

Unique, tradable, craftable versions of the '13 ween items could only be obtained during halloween from the store. Most hats went for like 5-10 dollars iirc, so few people bought them and therefore are scarce nowadays. On the other hand, haunted ones are way more common as they could only be obtained from crates which were mass unboxed during the event. In-game they both work the same way, though.

Archived