Make it mandatory for first-time suggestors to read the rules as well as the "how to make a good suggestion" post.

grimdercell

Everyday, backpack.tf gets tons of these kind of suggestions by first-timers:

This is most probably due to the fact that they did not read the rules as well as the "how to make a good suggestion" post. What I'm saying is that if all of those first-time suggestors actually read those posts before making a suggestion, the percentage of ppl making troll suggestions could decrease and making voting easier as well.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I would like to suggest this anyway. What if we make it mandatory for every first-time users to read the rules as well as the "how to make a good suggestion" post? As in like, whenever first time users click on the "suggest a new price button", they will automatically be redirected to a special page where both the rules and "how to make a good suggestion" post are there? We could also ask them to agree to abide by those rules when making a suggestion and if they fail to do so, a ban could be imposed perhaps? Seeing that they've been warned earlier.

I somehow feel that this might help to reduce those troll suggestions. Well, its only a suggestion so its up to the mods to look into this :)

Troll suggestors will just skip it. The real people who might actually suggest real stuff for the first time READ FIRST ANYWAYS.

Troll suggestors will just skip it. The real people who might actually suggest real stuff for the first time READ FIRST ANYWAYS.

You see, they'll most probably skip it but, at least they've been warned already. So if the mods were to ban them afterwards, its their fault for not reading in the first place. But its just suggestion anyway :P

We are currently writing up new site rules. The plan is to have a "I read this" checkbox upon site entry.

Slap that check box on the end of the suggestion page. FOr when people make a suggestion. And add some links. And a "are you sure?" pop-up.

Archived