Robo Hats?

Captain Qwark

I have been having a very hard time trying to sell my steaming robo glove, and every time I offer it to someone they alway reply " I try to stay away from Robo hats".

Then it came to my attention that the entire community hates them.

So my question came to be why? 

Since noone was able to give me an answer I have come to the forum to see if I can get one.

So i ask, why does the community hat robo hats?

btw if your interested in trying to buy my hat add me on steam or go over to

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/19880565#latest to put down an offer

They're generally considered visually inferior reskins of other hats.  There are a select few exceptions.  Your glove is not one of these exceptions.

robo-glove is a particularly ugly robo hat (it's not like the normal rubber glove is particularly nice). Robo-hats are mostly just ugly reskins of older hats so most people don't like them and the market of actual buyers for them is rather small. Take a look at my nuts robo-modest... i'm only asking 30 keys for an ALLCLASS

Ugly designs.

High quantity of unboxes.

Severe inflations.

Unstable prices.

Low demand.

What's the c/o on the glove if any? What's the minimum you would take

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

see but everyone says they are ugly, i can point out a few ugly really expensive hats as well, im just kinda confused on that

see but everyone says they are ugly, i can point out a few ugly really expensive hats as well, im just kinda confused on that

Those ugly expensive hats are probably all-class hats. 

Think about this, irl, would you have a nice hat made of cloth or leather, or a hat made of pieces of scrap metal?

Because they are new and don't have any established worth. Instead its been established that they are 'cancer.'

They are considered to look worse than the non robo counter part

They were/are overpriced. And because of this sellin it them for the amount it takes to get them is a very hard feat. So, after the hype they became known as very hard hats to sell, hats that hardly get any offers, hats that never got back what the buyers had to pay for them. 

If sellers realized that they are worth a lot less and sold them at lower prices, they would sell much quicker and easier and those are their true values (so the ones that are 'quicksales' arent quicksells)

The problem stems for unboxers/sellers not learning that they aren't worth 8-10 buds each cause they are new and tryin to sell them at those prices, made them look terrible for sellin when people looked at their trades. And everyone eventually wanted to get back a good amount to lessen their loss and offered them EVERYWHERE and when something looks like owners want them gone for anything, who would want to accept them. 

When they first came out they were extremely hyped up and many crappy looking hats were fetching prices higher than their burning non robo counterpart, so when the hype died down and hats started to stabilize they crashed and crashed even harder when people were "quickselling" theirs when in fact it was still a lot higher than what it should be worth. Due to this many players saw them as impossible to sell and stayed away from them...etc this became the trend and robos became cancerous.

When they first came out they were extremely hyped up and many crappy looking hats were fetching prices higher than their burning non robo counterpart, so when the hype died down and hats started to stabilize they crashed and crashed even harder when people were "quickselling" theirs when in fact it was still a lot higher than what it should be worth. Due to this many players saw them as impossible to sell and stayed away from them...etc this became the trend and robos became cancerous.

The problem is that most of the good Robo items don't exist as unusual. Mecha-Medes, Filamental, T.Robobelt, Devil Doll. The only really good ones are the Modest/Noble/Towering

Soldered Sensei probably rose if he was affected by the same update than the Master Belt

Because they are ugly

This is not that true. What liddo and derpah said are more true. Robo hats r paintable where dome of their counterparts are not. Some are distinctly different from their counter parts. Others, like baker boy, are close enough to not really matter.

This is really about the legacy of over investment and not taking a loss when its called for.

Archived