"Cooldown" Time on Price Suggestions + "Sanity Check" Price Suggestion

Joe10112

People have already started to say this, but I want to say it again. Backpack.tf needs a “cooldown†time for the more active item suggestions. (Keys, Buds are the main examples). There needs to be a “lock†where after one suggestion is accepted, there is an X-Day “buffer zone†where the item is “locked†and cannot have its price be changed. Many people use backpack.tf to price items nowadays, and that is probably the main reason why keys have skyrocketed so high all of a sudden.

Adding a “buffer zone†for the “hot items†might be a good way to try and fix all the commotion going on, and is also a fine idea overall I feel.

Also, there are a bunch of “troll†suggestions going on. If there was a way to “check†before you post (i.e. if an item is 20 keys and you suggest a new price of 10 keys for instance, a 50% drop or something), a box would appear when you hit “submit†that says “Are you sure you are suggesting the correct price for this item? You suggested “10 keys†when the current price is “20 keysâ€â€. 

People have already started to say this, but I want to say it again. Backpack.tf needs a “cooldown†time for the more active item suggestions. (Keys, Buds are the main examples). There needs to be a “lock†where after one suggestion is accepted, there is an X-Day “buffer zone†where the item is “locked†and cannot have its price be changed. Many people use backpack.tf to price items nowadays, and that is probably the main reason why keys have skyrocketed so high all of a sudden.

Adding a “buffer zone†for the “hot items†might be a good way to try and fix all the commotion going on, and is also a fine idea overall I feel.

Also, there are a bunch of “troll†suggestions going on. If there was a way to “check†before you post (i.e. if an item is 20 keys and you suggest a new price of 10 keys for instance, a 50% drop or something), a box would appear when you hit “submit†that says “Are you sure you are suggesting the correct price for this item? You suggested “10 keys†when the current price is “20 keysâ€â€. 

Firstly, bp.tf is NOT the reason why keys increased in metal value. And adding a buffer period would only lead to outdated prices. Its been done tested before. Key prices weren't touched for 4-5 days, and the OP sellers still continued to succssfully raise their prices. The problem is that people are willing to pay whatever sellers ask. Even more so now since keys can be sold for 1.80~ since ref is .35 (which makes the ref and key price off by about $.20

Secondly, A warning box won't stop troll suggestions....they know what they're doing. Also, most of the bad suggestions are slight changes, so the warning would need to be too sensitive, and would just be annoying. 

Archived