Remembering Robo-Boogaloo

F  CHARLIE

It was this time last year that Boogaloo landed which began the Chaos we still have.  There is one week or so and summer break comes.  We all know that Valve will have another summer event and that it is not "End of the Line".  It seems they are late, any thought s on what they will do this year?  Will it be like last year with six different crates? Idk

Supposed to come out in June apparently.

There will be

Cosmetics -

Crates -

New Game-type -

These are confirmed if it does come out.

What exactly is the "end of the line" update supposed to be

Survival mom maybe? Hopefully.

more crappy effects that f*ck up the trading for sure

Supposed to come out in June apparently.

There will be

Cosmetics -

Crates -

New Game-type -

These are confirmed if it does come out.

That's "end of the line" not part of Valve summer plan

I assume you have seen the video.

Valve was so impressed by the video (which began as artwork really) that they asked James to build an update based on the video.  There are clues in the video tho if you want to study it.

That's "end of the line" not part of Valve summer plan

It's community working with valve.

I remember the early impression of boogaloo was that it had nice effects but hats were crap. What was worse was that there were so many of them. Also, leading up to it there was a lot of hype around the barely melted capacitor. Its price was like 3x what it is now.

Hoping for new effects to slow down the 3rd gen crash.

No....

third gens need to finish crashing already and settle down (which, in all honesty, they're actually pretty stable).

McVinnie confirmed on his blog or whatever that there are 3 weapons being tested for end of the line.

Link the blog please and yes, three new weapons.

If the new effects look nice, I wouldn't mind unboxing one. Prices don't really matter to me if its a hat and effect I like.

3 new weapons and 300 new hats.

Y know, I don't think the problems come from the effects that were added but instead the volume of hats.

Y know, I don't think the problems come from the effects that were added but instead the volume of hats.

The problem is more people unwilling to cut their losses and move on, but rather dwell over it and get more and more screwed each day. 

although, the wide range of hats doesn't really help, especially since a lot of them are somewhat similar so even if a hats 1 of 1, its not really since it has so much competition. 

The problem is more people unwilling to cut their losses and move on, but rather dwell over it and get more and more screwed each day. 

although, the wide range of hats doesn't really help, especially since a lot of them are somewhat similar so even if a hats 1 of 1, its not really since it has so much competition. 

That's what I mean.  Too many options with all the robo hats.  At least if it were just the regular hats plus the normal trickle valve does people would have a better sense of trust in them.

I unboxed my first unusual on the first day of the Robo event. Nuts Tin Gallon. Was a nice day. Too bad it took 400 unboxes for a 2 bud hat.

For me that event was huge.  I flipped so many of the robo hats as they were going down in price that it allowed mine to fully get into unusual flipping.  the nice thing then was that so many people were quickselling and more importantly buying with pure at that time I really move my bp value up.  Nice spring board.  Same thing for the summer crates as well.  Just one long stretch of easy profit flipping.

Worst time ever, just got into unusual trading a bit back, total noob. Traded all my shit for new gens

EDIT: yay 1000th post, and only 1 warning point

Archived