Please Read

Vince

This is Vince, I was just notified about this going on, please note everything that I am typing is all 100% true. I do not want you guys to accuse me, Ethan, of being a scammer, as I have not scammed anyone at all. After looking at this for a good 3 hours, I think I know what is going on. A long time ago, like 1.5 years ago, my friend got me back on steam (I was inactive for 6ish months), we played a lot of tf2. At the time he knew a lot more about TF2 Trading and sorts, he actually introduced me to trading. After a while, he wanted to farm more weapons so that we could buy more hats that we wanted. I have my own personal computer that I built myself that I could run all night, so we created another account that I ran myself, but he and another friend had the password and email to. I would idle a lot, trade the items to my account and then give them to my friend, I’ll look for screencaps later. Anyways, I was always the one who would idle and go on servers on that account. As I grew more into trading, we stopped doing that and I traded and paid for all of the needs that they had. I forgot about the account until one day my friend wanted to trade unusuals, it was a busy time of year for me, so I was like sure, go ahead, and I put some unusuals on the account for them to use. I showed them how to trade etc, showed them youtube videos, etc. I didn’t mention anything about scamming, as I trusted them. I would check up on them every once in a while, update outpost trades, etc. I never really noticed anything. After a month or so, they were done. I got my hats back and I bought the one of them a few games. Later (like 2 weeks, I think), I found that I got trade banned, which I thought was because I traded with a scammer (I just started to paypal trade at that time), I let it slide, thinking it was just a mistake on my part and I made an effort to change my background checks, etc. As time passed, I eventually forgot about the account and never made any notion to change the account password, etc. Jump forward like 6 months to today, this whole thing comes up, and about 30 minutes ago, I attempted to log into the account, which was failed. It turns out that the account’s login password was changed.

This is what I currently think, one of them continued to watch youtube videos and found out about scamming and decided to attempt to do a scam, though I’m not sure, I’ll be talking with both of them tomorrow.

About the fake C/Os, I have proof of all of the offers I've gotten and I have not had a reason to fake offers.

Now, what I don’t want is people calling me a scammer, because I’m not, I’m still trying to figure this out myself, I can promise this to all of you that any trade you did with me, either paypal or in game is safe, even the trade I did with Alex today Ill promise that nothing will happen from that. And to SSJ5 in particular, Ill be in contact with you later. If you have any questions leave them below. My only request is that you acknowledge that I am still trying to figure this out and that I have not scammed, nor will I scam anyone.

Now, I want you to ask yourself these questions…

1: Why would I build all of this positive rep and suggest for the site if I knew all of this? Why would I continue if I was just going to throw away this account?

2: Why would I be typing this if I knew all of it would go to waste?

I'm going to bed, don't expect immediate answers.

I'm not ready to go down without a fight, I will prove to not only you guys, but to the community that I'm innocent.

Thank You

Vince // Ethan

Edit: Ill be in contact with TF2 OP and SR admins in the next few days

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I want you to ask yourself these questions…

1: Why would I build all of this positive rep and suggest for the site if I knew all of this? Why would I continue if I was just going to throw away this account?

2: Why would I be typing this if I knew all of it would go to waste?

Thats exactly what I thought. Seems fishy.

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, May 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, May 9, 2014 - No reason given

What did not make sense to me was tf2OP's response. Either Helen is a bitch or they have solid proof. 

Not saying which one I lean towards. 

What did not make sense to me was tf2OP's response. Either Helen is a bitch or they have solid proof. 

she usually does this point finger shit with no evidence to show on the surface..

probably kept private

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 9, 2014 - spam.. possible warn?
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 9, 2014 - spam.. possible warn?

Not saying which one I lean towards. 

I lean toward Helen's a bitch

She's everyone's bitch 

Posted · Hidden by polar, May 9, 2014 - Don't comment on what you don't know. Spreading further misinformation
Hidden by polar, May 9, 2014 - Don't comment on what you don't know. Spreading further misinformation

This is so stupid

Banning you for fake C/Os? I'm assuming they didn't ask for proof of the C/Os and they just looked in the comments. Idiots. As far as alts go, they're fine I assume if the main isn't banned from Outpost (teehee), but not sure how it could have been hijacked when you weren't on it for 6 months

I hope you get unbanned. Hopefully it'll teach the TF2OP admin team to clean up their act before accusing someone and perma-banning

Vince is always ready to help people with unusual trading & helped the community a lot through bp.tf suggestions.

Doesn't make any sense why he would put so much of his free-time to help people if he's a scammer.

Haven't talked much to him, but he seems like a nice guy - I can't vouch for him as a trusted trader, but from my POV he seems like a nice and helpful user.

GL Vince.

Until I see evidence otherwise, I believe you to be innocent. As it stands, their investigation has no public proof and I would like to see how they arrived at their conclusion. 

Wish u good luck. Never traded with u, but u have added me before to negotiate. Can't vouch for him cos idk him, but he seems nice and all. 
Good luck mate

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 9, 2014 - spam
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 9, 2014 - spam

This is so stupid

Banning you for fake C/Os? I'm assuming they didn't ask for proof of the C/Os and they just looked in the comments. Idiots. As far as alts go, they're fine I assume if the main isn't banned from Outpost (teehee), but not sure how it could have been hijacked when you weren't on it for 6 months

I hope you get unbanned. Hopefully it'll teach the TF2OP admin team to clean up their act before accusing someone and perma-banning

Helen pulled a BSOD on his arse.

Here we go...

...again.

I hope you are able to prove your innocence and as soon as possible. Good luck.

TF2OP is sometimes not fair in some of its rulings and you seem to be an honest trader, best of luck to you and your appeal

Vince is always ready to help people with unusual trading & helped the community a lot through bp.tf suggestions.

Doesn't make any sense why he would put so much of his free-time to help people if he's a scammer.

Haven't talked much to him, but he seems like a nice guy - I can't vouch for him as a trusted trader, but from my POV he seems like a nice and helpful user.

GL Vince.

/\

The only reason you would burn your account is if you were cashing out forever. That has not been born out in your demeanor. GL

Vince 4 President

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 9, 2014 - spam
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, May 9, 2014 - spam

inb4 Outpost Mods find this.

;-; nuu

Please keep this post on topic and don't make it a raid against Outpost. Comments trying to derail the thread or direct accusations towards other users will be warned.

Please keep this clean and civilized, don't make me or any of us lock it.

Awww, you guys are so sweet. I love how this turned into a "Helen's a bitch" thread.  Of course, it doesn't surprise me at all that the very first thing that someone would do is go public to complain about me on a social media channel. Because that's what happens when guilty people get caught- they scream from the rooftops, pass out the pitchforks, and I get death threats and called names.  And people wonder why I stepped back from doing scam reports. Huh. Three years of abuse and thankless hard work finally took its toll on me and I stepped back from actively processing reports last September.  Enjoy your 6+ month wait time to get scam reports processed. :)

If you wonder why we don't put the evidence we have when someone is under investigation, it is because they are under investigation. Of course it doesn't matter anyway because in this kangaroo court of "let's persecute Helen on social media" no amount of evidence of even a Valve trade ban can convince people otherwise. It would be pointless for us even to post any evidence because it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

There's also two more really good reasons why we don't post a lot of evidence: 1. some of it comes from your friends who, for obvious reasons, want what they present to be confidential and 2. if we tell scammers how we get the evidence we have, they just get better at scamming because they know our methods. Perhaps none of you care one bit if there are thieves out there scamming people right and left, but a lot of people in the community do and would like to prevent it.

I was actually considering giving him the benefit of the doubt until I saw this post. Nothing proves more solidly that someone is guilty than the person ringing the alarm on social media channels and persecuting the person who tagged/banned them. That's what guilty people do. Innocent people don't do that- they don't need to do it. 

Your times you mentioned up there are utterly and completely off- not even in the same ballpark of what we're investigating you for here. But maybe you would like to explain why you were trade banned in November and this time tell the truth? 

*Edit- Just saw Brad's post. Thanks, Brad, I'd love to keep it civil but considering the whole point of this post was to attack me so I'd back off and he'd get unbanned, I don't see it getting better. :(

P.S.- This situation has happened before where someone built up rep and had a scammer alt. There was a community admin by the name of Del Piero who did the exact same thing. 

Because that's what happens when guilty people get caught- they scream from the rooftops, pass out the pitchforks, and I get death threats and called names.  And people wonder why I stepped back from doing scam reports. Huh. Three years of abuse and thankless hard work finally took its toll on me and I stepped back from actively processing reports last September.  Enjoy your 6+ month wait time to get scam reports processed. :)

Of course it doesn't matter anyway because in this kangaroo court of "let's persecute Helen on social media" no amount of evidence of even a Valve trade ban can convince people otherwise. It would be pointless for us even to post any evidence because it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

I was actually considering giving him the benefit of the doubt until I saw this post. Nothing proves more solidly that someone is guilty than the person ringing the alarm on social media channels and persecuting the person who tagged/banned them. That's what guilty people do. Innocent people don't do that- they don't need to do it. 

Right. It has nothing to do with the fact that people like to make public (potentially) bullshit events in order to point out huge flaws/abuse/other. But again, you along with all OP/SR are above everyone else. After all, SR/OP has a 100% perfect track record and never makes incorrect accusations. God forbid SR gets more staff to handle reports, I mean, that would just be crazy talk. 

This was in response to a status update someone else made, not because he just wanted to put it out there, so as you said, you should probably get the facts straight before making accusations. 

Awww, you guys are so sweet. I love how this turned into a "Helen's a bitch" thread.

To everyone getting involved there (me included), agree or disagree with anything that's going on but certainly that abuse shouldn't be happening. If Vince is innocent then he'll cooperate. There certainly isn't a need for insults. What would've happened with Raxshi if everyone started demanding a public collection of all of the evidence against him at the time? He would've just had his phishing friends create fresh accounts and abandoned the older ones. Of course these matters should remain private! It'll only harm Vince's chances of appeal if we start with personal insults.

• Administrators

Awww, you guys are so sweet. I love how this turned into a "Helen's a bitch" thread.  Of course, it doesn't surprise me at all that the very first thing that someone would do is go public to complain about me on a social media channel. Because that's what happens when guilty people get caught- they scream from the rooftops, pass out the pitchforks, and I get death threats and called names.  And people wonder why I stepped back from doing scam reports. Huh. Three years of abuse and thankless hard work finally took its toll on me and I stepped back from actively processing reports last September.  Enjoy your 6+ month wait time to get scam reports processed. :)

Hey Helen, how are ya?  ^_^

Firstly, before I go on and say anything...I have nothing against you and never did really but the way you say some thing troubles people. I don't know why you are so much against so called "social media" and go against it, is it because you are afraid or something? Not really sure. Last time there was another user saying their goodbyes here you went against the so called public thing and went on saying people should not go public, that does not make any sense at all. People will go to social sites and media to seek help and support. Social media helps to get the out there. Also, not to be rude or anything...Not sure if you have heard how many In real life unsolved cases media solved. One great example are rape cases and the show American Most Wanted. If people sat down and did nothing, nothing will ever be proven and cases will never be solved. Going public solves many things, especially if you go media. Yes, I agree media can sometimes be bad but that is not always true.

On the main topic...

I don't know how else would Vince have let people like me and others fellow people here and the community know without posting this. This is to inform people. Not to bitch and say oh, I am great almighty and shit. He HAS TO GO PUBLIC. Otherwise, people would have speculated that he is a scammer and all those shizz.

Have a great one and lastly but not at least I know you are doing your work but some of the things you say does not make any sense at all. 

Will edit later if needed. Just need to throw this out here. 

maybe you could clean up this messy situation with all the shamwows you have heehuehe

but yeah hope it goes alright man i believe in u

Archived