Should young trades at price even lower than the current price range be consider QS and render invalid ?

☣Long218☢

So cleverpun closed both of my suggestions simply because my low price trades are too young to consider

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/516f35824bd7b8574900000a

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/516ade6fba2536577a000005

7:30 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: cleverpun
7:30 AM - cleverpun: howdy
7:30 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: what are you doing man
7:31 AM - cleverpun: I'm definitely not writing fanfiction
7:31 AM - cleverpun: don't be silly
7:31 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
7:31 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: anyway
7:31 AM - cleverpun: anyway
7:31 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: why did you close the gunslinger suggestion ?
7:32 AM - cleverpun: because it was super-wrong
7:32 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: how could you consider 32 a qs
7:32 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: when t here are more than one person
7:32 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: sell it at that price
7:32 AM - cleverpun: because the one in the classifed had sold in a matter of hours
7:32 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: and did you see the price of kritz last night ?
7:32 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: so ???
7:32 AM - cleverpun: and the other two were offline from the moment they put the ads up
7:32 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: they are still sellers at the new low price
7:33 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: so what if they are offline
7:33 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: the point is
7:33 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: there are willing sellers
7:33 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: at a new lower price
7:33 AM - cleverpun: we don't list quicksellers in our prices
7:33 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: how do you know it is quicksell
7:33 AM - cleverpun: if an item worth 1.5 buds sells in less than a day thats a quicksell
7:33 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: LOL
7:34 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: Did you see kritz price ?
7:34 AM - cleverpun: if it sells in less than 9 hours thats definitely a quicksell
7:34 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: there are a few listed 38
7:34 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: and one or two sold
7:34 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: but still the price got lowered
7:34 AM - cleverpun: we're not talking about the kritz, we're talking about the gunslinger
7:34 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: well i just trying to say
7:34 AM - cleverpun: I didn't moderate that suggestion but I already asked the mod about it
7:34 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: 32 is not really a qs price
7:34 AM - cleverpun: show me one unsild at 32 for more than 3 days then
7:35 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: why 3 days ?
7:35 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: why not just make them
7:35 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: get a new lower range
7:35 AM - cleverpun: that's my usual guideline for expensive items
7:35 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: since there are buyers
7:35 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: sellers*
7:35 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: at a new lower range
7:36 AM - cleverpun: because they were quicksells
7:36 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: lol...
7:36 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: so you are telling me
7:36 AM - cleverpun: look Long, if you want me to pass a suggestion on an item as expensive as the s gunslinger you can't use new trades
7:37 AM - cleverpun: a ten hour classified listing doesn't say anything about the price average traders can sell for
7:37 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: BUT THAT IS WHAT SELLERS ARE SELLING FOR
7:37 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: it show
7:37 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: there are willing sellers
7:37 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: at 32
7:37 AM - cleverpun: *what 3 sellers, two of which went offline after listing it are selling for /capslock
7:37 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: why would it be call a quicksell
7:38 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: if there are more than one person selling it
7:38 AM - cleverpun: 3 people wuickselling are still 3 people quickselling
7:39 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: " 3 people wuickselling are still 3 people quickselling
"
7:39 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: god this is retarded.
7:39 AM - cleverpun is now Offline.
7:39 AM - cleverpun: Put some more effort into your suggestions and this wouldn't be a problem
7:39 AM - cleverpun is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
7:39 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: LOL
7:39 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: you consider them quicksell prices
7:39 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: so w/e
7:40 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: even if I put a ton of sellers at 32 you just gonna say they are quickselling
7:40 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: even if they sold at 32
7:40 AM - cleverpun: if an item moves in less than 10 hours in TF2's market are you honestly saying that it ISNT a quicksell?
7:40 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: that just mean there are willing buyers at 32 but not 34
7:40 AM - cleverpun: especially one that is worth more than most unusuals?
7:40 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: OR
7:40 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: owners failed to sell at current price range
7:40 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: so they lower it
7:41 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: and buyers see that their price is pretty good and accurate and worth their keep rising value keys so they spent 32 keys on it
7:41 AM - cleverpun: obviously they arent rising, according to you
7:41 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: I am talking
7:41 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: about "keep rising value keys"
7:42 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: keys rise a lot so many high end stranges become a lot expensive in $
7:42 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: but buyers can't afford that so they dont buy
7:42 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: resultting in sellers sell at less
7:43 AM - cleverpun: Im not here to speculate about why people buy s gunslingers
7:43 AM - cleverpun: the simple fact is that you didnt disprove the old range
7:43 AM - cleverpun: and your evidence for the new one was unreliable at best because of its age
7:43 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: lol
7:44 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: considering age when people sellling at lower price.
7:44 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: so if a tons opf sellers sell something lower than the current range
7:44 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: but their trades are only hours
7:45 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: I still can't lower the price of the item ?
7:45 AM - cleverpun: volume matters
7:45 AM - cleverpun: three trades isn't "a ton"
7:45 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: im talking about any item on the market
7:45 AM - cleverpun: Im still talking about s gunslingers
7:45 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: and considering strange gunslinger with only a few pages on outpost
7:46 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: 3 trades weight a few
7:46 AM - cleverpun: you know as well as I do that the more expensive an item is the longer its average sell time is
7:46 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: yea... and that not the point
7:46 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: the point is there are people
7:46 AM - cleverpun: it kinda is
7:46 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: willing to sell at lower price
7:47 AM - cleverpun: As I explained on the last three suggestions of yours I moderated, trade age is a very important factor in their legitimacy
7:48 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: how about
7:48 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: you let other mods decide ?
7:49 AM - cleverpun: I already started a topic in the admin section of the forums about it
7:49 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: ss
7:49 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: ?
7:49 AM - cleverpun: though it's more about your suggestion quality of late than that particular decision
7:50 AM - GoodGuy buy backpack with keys: ...
7:50 AM - cleverpun: You're welcome to start a Suggestion Question thread bout it and I'll make sure that the other mods weigh in
7:50 AM - cleverpun: I'm not perfect but I'm going to defend my decision
7:52 AM - cleverpun: If you feel I wasn't being objective or I was being shortsighted there are many avenues to explore that

TL;DR: We do not list quicksellers in our pricelist--the entire point of the pricelist is that it represents a majority of the market.

It is a common trait of the TF2 market that more expensive items take longer to sell. Ten hours is not long enough to call an S Gunslinger unsold, especially when the owner has been offline for 8.

Also, you forgot one; http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51698485ba2536d83e000002

TL;DR: We do not list quicksellers in our pricelist--the entire point of the pricelist is that it represents a majority of the market.

It is a common trait of the TF2 market that more expensive items take longer to sell. Ten hours is not long enough to call an S Gunslinger unsold, especially when the owner has been offline for 8.

mb they are not qsers and they sell at lower price because the higher price doesn't sell for them ? even if these sold fast it wouldn't really matter because the buyers probly think the old price was too high/expensive but they see that 32 is a better price and worth their rising keys so they pay 32.

Yes

mb explain or give us your thoughts of why you say yes?

or are you just agreeing with the mod because she is mod and disagreeing with me cuz you don't like me ? :P

mb explain or give us your thoughts of why you say yes?

or are you just agreeing with the mod because she is mod and disagreeing with me cuz you don't like me ? :P

>she

Trades for items worth several keys usually take at least one day to sell. Something that has an immediate buyer after a few hours, and just a few people willing to sell for lower (and was explained, were offline so we can't even tell if the interest in the item was immediate, quick, or there was none) aren't enough.

>she

Trades for items worth several keys usually take at least one day to sell. Something that has an immediate buyer after a few hours, and just a few people willing to sell for lower (and was explained, were offline so we can't even tell if the interest in the item was immediate, quick, or there was none) aren't enough.

then clever should let the suggestion open to see more reactions.

yea and I made the suggestion on the same day your pass and mine got accepted too.

That was hours later. Things change in 12+ hours, k? Hue

>she

How do you know its a she?

Stay on topic please; we're talking about my suggestion policy not my gender. I don't want any derails on threads about site policy, especially since we're rewriting them atm.

then clever should let the suggestion open to see more reactions.

I did do that with your Kringle suggestion and your previous s gunslinger suggestion. I didn't see a point to doing it with this one since it was obvious that your proof was flimsy to begin with.

Same thing with high-tier unusuals. If some certain unusual worth 30+ buds is unsold for 2+ weeks, it absolutely does not mean that it should drop in price like you think. 

Same thing with high-tier unusuals. If some certain unusual worth 30+ buds is unsold for 2+ weeks, it absolutely does not mean that it should drop in price like you think. 

Noone thinks that. Well, I probably shouldn't speak for everyone.... But still.

Not my pedegree of trading but obviously true.

What r the quickbuyers offering? Were they in any of the proofs?

Noone thinks that. Well, I probably shouldn't speak for everyone.... But still.

Well, Long's suggestion still passed. And Vincent thinks that Long is right yet I gave a lot of counterproof.

Well, Long's suggestion still passed. And Vincent thinks that Long is right yet I gave a lot of counterproof.

You haven't provided counterproof on the suggestion itself. And the suggestion is some weeks old now, so it would be better to make a new suggestion for it. Since you can't at least make a suggestion that someone can simply copy paste (with prices and things, nice sorted and organzied).

Probably I would have accepted the suggestion, but I understand and support cleverlun's point of view. Honestly, all I see in the chat is this:

Long: I posted seller for 32 keys

Cleverpun: you posted 3 and they sold too fast, they are quicksells.

Long: they are not, people sell for 32.

Cleverpun: ok show me unsold for 32 for long rnough to not me considered quicksells

Long: IT DOESNT MATTER YOU WOULD CONSIDER THEM QUICKSELLS EVEN IF I POSTED A TON OF SELLERS

Cleverpun: you posted 3

Long: THATS NOT THE POINT

Probably I would have accepted the suggestion, but I understand and support cleverlun's point of view. Honestly, all I see in the chat is this:

Long: I posted seller for 32 keys

Cleverpun: you posted 3 and they sold too fast, they are quicksells.

Long: they are not, people sell for 32.

Cleverpun: ok show me unsold for 32 for long rnough to not me considered quicksells

Long: IT DOESNT MATTER YOU WOULD CONSIDER THEM QUICKSELLS EVEN IF I POSTED A TON OF SELLERS

Cleverpun: you posted 3

Long: THATS NOT THE POINT

so I remake ?

so I remake ?

Cleverpun told you 3 sellers that sold fast are quicksells. If you find what would be considered enough sellers for a fair amount of time, then yeah resuggest. If not then just forget about it, there's no rush. Try suggesting unusual prices, those are the ones that really need updating.

Cleverpun told you 3 sellers that sold fast are quicksells. If you find what would be considered enough sellers for a fair amount of time, then yeah resuggest. If not then just forget about it, there's no rush. Try suggesting unusual prices, those are the ones that really need updating.

I only like to do rare unusuals but can't find owners without item search and I don't want to pay 3 bucks

Archived