Skype.tf

Python.

Posting this topic in a sub-forum more worthy of it

d0 made up this thing last night about backpack.tf users skyping each other

I decided to make a Steam group for this thing: http://steamcommunit...roups/bptfskype because of reasons

Just read the group summary and it should answer everything

Mods on this site are automatically admins on the group. Regular users in our skype calls will be promoted

You can also add me on Skype (procrastinator_python) and I will add you to the call

Hope this doesn't count as advertising another site, since it has to do with backpack.tf

This all seems very risky and i know i wont be taking a part in it.

Publicly giving out your skype username is publicly giving out your ip address. This can lead to more advanced methods of fishing, transferring viruses or even DDOSing that person you hate

Publicly giving out your skype username is publicly giving out your ip address. This can lead to more advanced methods of fishing, transferring viruses or even DDOSing that person you hate

Because we're all about phishing and DDOSing here at backpack.tf

Because we're all about phishing and DDOSing here at backpack.tf

Its got nothing to do with the nice users and intentions of backpack.tf, its got to do with the scum users of life

You playing any game online allows anyone playing with you in the same server to find out your ip. So if you're going to worry about your ip being public, you better stop playing any and all online games.

Its got nothing to do with the nice users and intentions of backpack.tf, its got to do with the scum users of life

Then why would anyone use backpack.tf if there's always a risk of DDOS

Not sure how phishing would be more effective in a skype call than anywhere else

My skype name is my real name, which Im not keen on others finding out, so im out.

Make a different skype account

Also, nobody is going to stalk you

HOLY SHIT IS EVERYONE PARANOID?

You playing any game online allows anyone playing with you in the same server to find out your ip. So if you're going to worry about your ip being public, you better stop playing any and all online games.

It takes one copy paste and one click to find someones ip from their skype username, it takes a hell of a lot more to get it from a gameserver

My skype name is my real name, which Im not keen on others finding out, so im out.

You can always change your Skype name

Make a different skype account

Also, nobody is going to stalk you

HOLY SHIT IS EVERYONE PARANOID?

Im on skype most of my day because my girlfriend lives in another country and Im in multiple skype groups. Im not going to just change my account

You can always change your Skype name

You can change the display name, not the account name.

Im on skype most of my day because my girlfriend lives in another country and Im in multiple skype groups. Im not going to just change my account

Change? No. Make another.

DDOSing 

I'm pretty sure no-one here either has the intention of D/DoSing someone nor owning botnet, If you're THAT paranoid use a VPN 

And even if you get DoS'd you can just change your IP address easily 

As stated earlier, why not TeamSpeak, Vent, or Mumble?

Pretty much this.

I'm unsure how this got taken so far it's 2 groups + a steam group.

But if possible, could we get along and stick to 1 group so we can have a track of which users are in the call? So we wont have any outsiders and potential ddos attempts and whatnot.

Thread - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/10379-skype-group-for-bptfers/

I'm unsure how this got taken so far it's 2 groups + a steam group.

But if possible, could we get along and stick to 1 group so we can have a track of which users are in the call? So we wont have any outsiders and potential ddos attempts and whatnot.

Thread - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/10379-skype-group-for-bptfers/

This should be place in the Gen. Discussion, not Great Below

How do you retrieve IP address from skype username? Just curious ...

Do you have billion dollars, or why the fruit would anyone waste his time to attack you? Hackers are more clever. :D If someone really want to know your IP, he'll find it within one minute.

To anyone concerned about potential D/DoS attacks: 

Going on Skype puts you at no more of a risk than trading on Steam.

If you call someone on Steam you can retrieve their IP via certain programs. They don't have to accept the call, you just have to call them. 

This means that unless you accept absolutely no invites and are in 0 groups with less than 45 people you're as liable to D/DoS attacks on Steam as you are on Skype. 

• Administrators

This is ignorance of the highest level

I can get your IP address through Steam

Archived