can somone please clear up to me what unusual overpay is.

MC22

90%low end

100% low end

90% average

90% low end has treated me well but many people disagree. What is the "official" one?

100% low end

90% average

I use what is higher or what looks more reasonable.

100% low end

90% average

I use what is higher or what looks more reasonable.

+1 (usually 90% of the average)

How I calculate it is based on the middle price. For example, if a hat is listed as 2-2.5, I would take the average (2+2.5)/2 = 2.25, then multiply by a number from .9 to .95, then round a little to get a decent looking number. In this case, I would say after overpay the hat would be a bit over 2 buds, maybe 2.1. For low priced unusual trades, I tend to use a higher multiplier, since they're not worth that much to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually do 90 percent low end, though if the hat is really low tier or really high tier I may use 100 percent low end instead.

90%low end

100% low end

90% average

90% low end has treated me well but many people disagree. What is the "official" one?

90% unless the hat is worth >10 buds. Then use the low end price. It's unfair to take 1+ buds (and on really high end hats 2+) off the price of a high end hat cause most people don't carry that amount of pures. So take the low end price as the price in unusuals for high end hats.

Two questions. One related, one somewhat related.

(1) If the hat in question (the one that the suggestion is for) has unusual offers, we count 10% overpay. But if the hat is offered on other trades, do we calculate a reverse 10% overpay? The way I've been doing this is just taking the hat at its middle value - no overpay in either direction. But I'd welcome any thoughts on this

(2) I've also had issues pricing an item in keys vs buds. So if a hat sold for a buds 1 month ago and I am trying to price it in keys, do I count that as 27 keys or 22 keys. At first glance, you would think 27 keys. BUT then I thought maybe the fixed price should really be in USD, which would be 22 keys since key dollar value has risen. Any thoughts on this?

Archived