Remove Up/Down arrows from recently changed prices...

AwesomeMcCoolName

Sooo many people see the arrow, and then assume the price is increasing/decreasing, and don't understand that the arrow means it has increased but doesn't mean it is still increasing...

People actually think that? The arrow remains for about a week I believe.

Tons of people think that, and because of them, they often will add a rec on top of the high end or subtract a rec from the low end. (1 rec being average--1 scrap for a crappy craft hat, several keys for unusuals etc...)

So many people think this. I had someone added once and was about to sell them an item I had recently decreased in average price and they said they didn't want to trade anymore because they saw the price was 'going down' on backpack.tf

This. A long time ago a person was discouraged from trading for my unusual a long time ago, because of the down arrow. Then I showed him who moved it down

I fully agree. I've had to explain to several people exactly what that arrow means.

A last-bumped date on hover would be very nice, too. It would help me determine if I needed to research a hat before trading with it, without making me click on the "suggest new price" button.

um dude i can't buy your item anymore since it has a going down arrow on backpack.tf and that means im getting a bad deal

-good traders

• 2 weeks later...

People actually think that? The arrow remains for about a week I believe.

2 things.

Change it so the arrow is indicating that there is an active suggestion for item.

Or

Wait a day or so to mske the change durring which t he arrow indicates that a change will happen

Either way the arrow should be shown on the item in peoples back packs to give some warning.

I fully agree. I've had to explain to several people exactly what that arrow means.

A last-bumped date on hover would be very nice, too. It would help me determine if I needed to research a hat before trading with it, without making me click on the "suggest new price" button.

That is there I think.

Archived