All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Diamond jozu

Is that person safe to trade with?

can you state the reason onto how the following person is a scammer?
  3. Today
  4. just an alt, an scammer alt
  5. Diamond jozu

Is that person safe to trade with?

according to my research,he seems ok.alt of the previous person/bot which isnt banned or anything but wait for more answers.i could be wrong
  6. Yep, looks okay. His Steam-rep is all green and his inventory is public which is always a good sign. You should be good to go
  7. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198912188810
  8. GoldenR

About Collector's Items

makes sense. how long would you estimate this one to be?
  9. sfpt

About Collector's Items

generally it varies. its not like unusuals where there is always demand - collectors items are usually only purchased by people who intend to keep it.
  10. GoldenR

About Collector's Items

thanks for everything guys. btw does anyone have an estimate of a time, or does it vary?
  11. Pupu

About Collector's Items

Thx dude for making this post i just bought one for 12.5 dollars thx man https://marketplace.tf/items/741;14;kt-3 Btw collectors items do sell but it might take quite a long time
  12. Vagisil

About Collector's Items

From my experience collectors items do not move very fast. The market for them isn’t that great
  13. Diamond jozu

About Collector's Items

andrei is selling the same thing at 15 keys but perhaps you can try go for 11-13 keys.
  14. So I've been trading for a while and recently got an offer for a collector's items. since i havent traded much collectors before, can someone give some advice about these items, like in price and liquidity? The item in question The item in question Any help is appreciated, thanks!
  15. The worst (getting electrostatic shako) has already happened
  16. tonylee123321

Best Books you've read?

my favourite: 1.Terlalu Tampan 2.Dear Door 3.Starting With a Lie
  17. Mister WorldCast

Minor request: SteamRep Icons

Any opinions on this relation to tpoic? Reguggest? Would love to hear the communitys opinion to this.
  18. DanielDee

A tf2 irl item pc

A+ Spot on. "famous people, Celebrities and their (employers/agencies) do it for a living. Devs do not. Also marketting and media companies also offer signed stuff which is not actually signed by the person themselves. They get a copywriter in. I have had several items from a similar agency before and the signatures were different. I contacted the agency and they litereally said. You dont expect Mr X (celebrity) has the time to sign hundreds of items daily for sale to the general public do you... blah blah So yeah i feel sorry for people who go after "celeb" stuff. Cuz most of the time its not even signed by them... Hurts to be whoever pays the extra for that celeb/famous person bullscat having had an agency confirm 90 % of the signed stuff isnt actually signed by the person themself. The people at the agency advised me if i go searching for autographed items to look for a CoA or some sort of seal or authentic guarantee. Generally its not difficult for someone to mimic a signature with a sharpy and says its autographed. If it says Authentic Personally Signed/Autographed then thats different. But then again. A search term is a search term and anyone can fake anything. Hell look on ebay and type in banksy dismaland. 90 % of the stuff is fake and not even from pest control. I have had this confirmed personally. My sister worked for the elusive guy :D. Thankfully i can get away with saying that as i never signed the NDA she did
  19. Sounds like there maybe an issue with bigpicture and using an account on different machines with different options etc. I assume you use big picture on a PC with a controller and the issue you were encountering was on a laptop which doesnt have a controller. If auto updates are turned off or if one of the clients is steam beta and the other is not then that could of explained the corruption. I have had similar issues when using the account on different machines (one beta and one non beta ) and setting machine specific options. A month or so ago there was a full client update which sent things very strangely. Example. I have two drives. One is OS and second is steam games. I had all games installed on the secondary drive. At some point in the last update they messed something up and all my games were moved from secondary to primary. Only noticed this by luck when checking explorer. Once i had transferred the games back to the secondary it seemed to force steam to install an additional steam pipe pile of drivers. I assumed you verified the game cache on both machines.. Always worth doing this when something isnt working correctly.
  20. Looks like he has gotten wind of this thread. his profile is now private and you cannot see what games he has installed.
  21. Mr Furley

A tf2 irl item pc

My issue with that is celebrities sign all the time, dev's do not. I think its 1 of only a couple, I know the scout voice actor has 1 also
  22. I will say you missed once big part of the homework: You didn't look at the steam profile itself. https://steamcommunity.com/id/2gudformrclean888434553/ Go there, and you see a Level 2 account with 2 games. That just screams that the account is an alt or a fence, and shouldn't really be traded with.
  23. So, a few days ago I received a trade offer out of the blue, which isn't too unusual (no pun intended), for my smoking Das Maddendoktor. Found here. I was selling for 25 keys having bought it for 20. A small profit but a profit nonetheless Still well below backpack.tf price, which was submitted 2 years ago. Now, he offered me his electrostatic steel shako. Which you can find here. This hat is worth slightly more but he explained in his trade offer, which you can find here, that he was a fan of the hat. I am of course naturally suspicious of someone offering a hat slightly better (subjective, I know) but was under the assumption that he thought he could get a better price for his hat in the long run and I figured the same so I accepted. However, I didn't do so without a background check. I checked the hat to see if it was duped. I checked his Steamrep, which remains clean, and I'm not totally certain but I'm pretty sure I'd have to have seen his backpack.tf profile. I saw recently he's been banned. I didn't know he was a scammer and I did my homework to check and found it clean. I'm wondering if I'm at risk now with backpack.tf
  24. HarryG

A tf2 irl item pc

So I can see the 150 dollar price of the non signed one as shown above. There is no way in hell the TF2 dev team signatures add 'hundreds of dollars more', lol. As someone with a sizable signed memorabilia collection, you can get signatures of MUCH more famous and well-known/more desired people than the TF2 dev team on items for much less. Politicians, rockstars, famous actors, athletes are the kinds of people that attract that much added value, not video game developers. It's a neat item, but I don't think it would be worth as much as people are saying here
  25. Problem is fixed now. I removed most of the steam folder except for userdata, SteamApps, steam.exe and ssfnxxxx. Opened steam and it updated/replaced all the missing files automatically. Opened Tf2, problem was still there. Closed and reopened steam again IN ADMIN MODE and it downloaded the may 14th update again. It had already done this, so i have no idea why it chose to update itself again, perhaps one of the files I deleted from the steam folder contains the flags that indicate if the update has been done? (doubtful, but I simply don't know how else to account for it). All working correctly now. Thanks to the people who posted suggestions, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
  26. Well, not sure why it's not working for me then. I traded with a guy today, we chatted for a bit and then removed him. And there's no evidence of my chat with him here: https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog
  1. Load more activity