All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. RussellSproutz

did all bots got banned?

Yeah just going to cite this from here: Vince pretty much summed it all up Let me quote it from the forum post I linked above: "Basically valve mass banning bots for the reason of "Seems like a malicious detection occurred: "Steam Support suspects your account may have been accessed by someone else. We are temporarily forcing your profile private as a security precaution. Please contact Steam Support so we can assist you."" Most bots will likely return but buyorder values will probably take some time. There is the massive risk that a good portion of bots wont be unbanned though"
  4. RussellSproutz

What happened to the prices of Quicksell buyers?

Yeah pretty much tbh xd
  5. Yesterday
  6. jnoyes

Beware of new fishing/scam method.

waste of time clickbait
  7. jnoyes

did all bots got banned?

Whats going on with bots?
  8. DaVinchi

people shouldnt rely on buy orders for trading. good majority of them are quickbuying at 60-70% of.
  9. Owning bots really only helps if you have a lot of good inventory to move. For instance, hosting 5 bots that are only trading a bunch of unique hats I have gotten maybe ~2-3 keys profit total after months of them being online. Considering that even the cheapest VPS instance runs you about $2-3 a month you're actively losing money if you go into bot trading with nothing to sell. Even more so if you pay someone else to set up and host your bot for you, like Gladiator.
  10. 4 of my 5 trade bots were banned, even though all of them are hosted on the same instance and are piloted by the same process. No reply from staff since 2 days ago, so not sure what to think of it.
  11. Drunk Uncle

So all the items them bots had are just stuck in limbo until then? Kinda crazy feel like half the tf2 economy is in the inventories of these bots lmao.
  12. RussellSproutz

Yeah no problem!
  13. RussellSproutz

did all bots got banned?

Yes and no
  14. "a couple" and we are still not fully recovered
  15. fran

did all bots got banned?

we are joking about this but i wanted to sell robo parts yesterday and there were pretty much no real buy orders the only active / online bot was buying them for 0.44 so...yeah,no i hope things will go back to "normal" soon edit :
  16. Batya

Do the oauth api endpoints even work?

this is so stupid, they don't explain it on their main page, you have to face this problem first, then you have too google it and pray that you will get on this thread.
  17. lucak

Unfortunatelly this has been a thing for a long time, there's always a lot of rudeness towards these situations From bullying people who get scammed, to reporting people for the smallest mistakes (when it's you doing it) and so on threads like these are still helpful to me though, thank you op for posting.
  18. I was wondering the same, thanks for the clarification!
  19. RussellSproutz

Honestly Steam just made a mistake and they're to unban all the bots that were affected. Eventually everything go back to normal
  20. Thiccies

This guys sent me bad offers for stuff I’ve said I’m not selling a couple times, didn’t think much of it
  21. Dominant

MK Price Check Appraisal Request

Asks for opinions. People give their opinions, surprisingly all fairly simular opinions. Reject all their opinions and tell them they are wrong.
  22. With an inventory worth ~3,800 keys or so I think it is safe to say OP is not a newbie. It honestly just sounds like they are mad that they got lowballed. You should have been around for the tf2tp/tf2outpost days... Creating this thread is an over exaggeration. Calling the "offense" mentioned in the OP phishing/scamming is really reaching.
  23. TronJon

backpack.tf don't care about scammers or phishers they all scammers and phishers
  24. Empyrean

Please don't rely on buy orders. It will affect and slow down your progress. From personal experience.
  25. RussellSproutz

Ngl we do have a topic discussion of unbalanced trades that's ongoing right now by Teeny herself, Esteban. I believe putting forward the discussion and asking about this would help. If there's anything that you're still thinking about asking for clarifications on may help for the foreseeable future.
  1. Load more activity