All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. Mikers

Best Way to Cash Out?

Unless you find a very reputable buyer with plenty of legitimate +trusts and a high backpack value, you're better off just cashing out via mp.tf, since there's way less risk. Selling to paypal key buyers will only get you a few cents more per key than mp.tf will give you after fees anyways. Yeah that adds up to $50-$100 for selling all 1700+ keys you have, but is that really worth the risk of scams or chargebacks or etc? Up to you to decide. Not to mention that a lot of key buyers won't straight up buy 1700 keys at once, so you'd likely have to find multiple buyers with good reputation.
  4. Piman

Trading bot

For people who are confused, Heroku can be used to host a single bot for free, although its not the most reliable thing in the world
  5. Vrakos Anthrakir

Best Way to Cash Out?

You can't be charge-backed if there's non-payment, no payment occurred. as for the thread topic, It's worth noting that there are tax implications for accepting money via paypal goods/services (depending on where you live). No idea how mptf works tax-wise though
  6. Aqua [⇄]

Best Way to Cash Out?

You CAN chargeback transactions through Friends and Family, and since it is technically considered a gift(non-taxed), Paypal CANNOT HELP YOU if you are scammed. You can also still get chargebacked if you use the good and services option, but in the event of nonpayment, since Paypal has already gotten tax on the sale, it's their responsibility to get your money back(Paypal takes the hit in that case). If you use Friends and Family, while it is technically better in terms of value, it is infinitely more unsafe. Only use the Friends and Family option if it's someone with trust/that can be trusted
  7. Buddy

Regarding first-gen effects

flies 10/10
  8. Zeus_Junior

Best Way to Cash Out?

Most use the friends and family option, as you cant chargeback these transactions (and there's no/less tax compared to using the buying goods/service option?) You'd give the buyer your paypal.me link (if you have one) or your paypal email, which they'll send the money to
  9. ϟTheoϟ

Best Way to Cash Out?

Hey Zeus, thanks for the tips. Do you know if there is a guide anywhere on how to go about a paypal trade for keys? I set up a paypal account a few months ago, but don't know too much about how it works / how to make sure I'm sending or receiving money the correct way.
  10. Zeus_Junior

Zeus_Junior

If you HAD to choose

Molten Mallard VS Eerie Orbiting Fire

1. Uncertain

Uncertain

Molten Mallard

2. Mikers

Mikers

Eerie Orbiting Fire for the sole reason that it doesn't bug out half as much as Molten Mallard.

It's rare to see a player in-game with MM with the effect looking and acting exactly as it should, 90% of the time the duck is nowhere to be found or social distancing from the sparking fire and smoke effect.

11. Zeus_Junior

Best Way to Cash Out?

Would advise you to, obviously, always do a background check when trading with paypal. And only proceed if you are entirely comfortable with the situattion and are absolutely sure they are not "rep farmers" (low bp value, only buying/selling keys, only trusts related to spycrabs etc to name a few) imo mannco.store sucks, stick to marketplace You get ~1.73 after fees now, which is pretty nice. Or if you want to do paypal, plenty of people buying here https://forums.backpack.tf/forum/27-team-fortress-2-cash-trading/
  12. ϟTheoϟ

Best Way to Cash Out?

I've been thinking about cashing out some of my pure for a while now, and I want to start actually doing it. What's the best way to sell keys for paypal nowadays? Sites like marketplace.tf and mannco.store I'm guessing are the best way, but I know they take a sizable commission. At the same time, I don't want to risk getting scammed by a paypal refund scam. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
  13. Zeus_Junior

7 Days tradelock on Dota2 items

Steam trading down -> people can't deposit -> key prices "go up"
  14. Spootzie

7 Days tradelock on Dota2 items

How long do you think we have till valve drops the trade ban on keys? Ngl, its starting to sound like its a good time to cash out right now, with keys going up in price and all.
  15. Sammy

Is TF2 down?

The same happened to the Activation servers for COD: modern warfare & COD: black ops 4, and the support page wasnt sure what happened and were in a panic to fix it https://support.activision.com/onlineservices/event-details.html?event=9399 so it bigger then just a reoccurring steam thing i think it maybe be a Internet issue in the US, maybe a new law was placed
  16. On May 20, 2020 I purchased an Unusual hat via marketplace.tf: "Out of 7,932,589 inventories, there is only one known instance of this item." https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Modest Metal Pile of Scrap/Tradable/Craftable/40 I read the Rules for Unusual Price Suggestions and I had/have valid proof. This hat was first seen November 17, 2013, was not duplicated, and has a long list of previous owners. There was no price suggestion for this particular hat, though, so I created a new suggestion. Someone suggested that I "close this and repost it at 77 keys" so I closed the suggestion, but now I have a -1 reputation so I cannot create a new suggestion. The suggestion I did create https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5ecd3a59966b2272990d86d6 is still visible in the All-Time section because it was the first suggestion. If someone who does not have a negative reputation would post a suggestion for this Unusual hat using the data I provided, I would appreciate it. This hat has been known for six and a half years, so it seems like it should have a price suggestion. Thanks in advance. [edit] URL for my backpack as suggested https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198118380211
  17. rndmchrs

Is TF2 down?

There's no way that bots could resist a ban wave in any way, no idea what science fiction movie you're thinking of 😛
  18. Pretty much this. Think of 2013 unusual trading days, the effects that looked good were pricy bc they looked good. Of course there were exceptions to this with specific hats being more rare than others but if you look at just effects then you'd have a much simpler trading scene without rarity being a factor (not as important of one). Just the good ol """That looks nice and people agree"""
  19. Zeus904

Is TF2 down?

Every Tuesday at around 16:00 Pacific time there is scheduled maintenance. This is when they patch servers (kernel patching), change loads, decommission old servers and spin up new ones depending on whats going on over at the data center. It's a weekly thing and sometimes it can go on for a bit longer than expected. Outages that aren't on a Tuesday are more commonly caused by the high traffic that valve gets on a daily basis. I'd be willing to bet if nothing special is going on they are simply running audits on their hosts (making sure everything is as it should be) and cleaning whatever logs are eating space. If you look at the forum posts every Monday people point out that steam is slow "for now" which alludes to something impacting performance that needs a weekly fix/clean.
  20. mastikhor

mastikhor

whats the rarest badge on bp.tf profile ?

i just came across a badge "ÜberCharged" ="Had their question answered during a Kritzkast interview with Brad Pitt!" 

1. Zeus_Junior

Zeus_Junior

The rarest badges are "Superstar MVP (This user was crowned MVP in an official backpack.tf pricing event... TWICE!)" and "Two-Time Runner Up (This user achieved 2nd place in an official backpack.tf pricing event... TWICE!)"

Both with one user having it

21. Melancholy Sky

Regarding first-gen effects

Burning ~ 5/10 Scorching ~ 5/10 G. Energy ~ 5/10 P. Energy ~ 5/10 Sunbeams ~ 5/10 H. Ghosts ~ 5/10 C. Heart ~ 4/10 C. TF Logo ~ 4/10 C. Peace ~ 4/10 Vivid P. ~ 3/10 Searing P. ~ 3/10 G. Fetti ~ 3/10 P. Fetti ~ 3/10 Flies ~ 2/10 First gens are over rated & over priced.
  22. Maybe the novelty of certain "unique" effects wouldnt die out as quickly, like with fifth dimension. Itd be more sought after if it had a rarity stigma like with old halloweens, inverse being what we have, where people think it's a cheap effect because it's on cheap hats and dont bother trading for actually rare variants.
  23. Would probably just drag stuff down. The more expensive halloweens are just old, and there's only so many of them. Supply is lower as time goes on, so demand increases. With a lower floor, people would want them less, and they probably wouldn't have overtaken Gens 1-3 in the way they have now. Is that possibility good? Is it bad? I guess that's subjective.
  24. Bob the Unsymmetrical

Is TF2 down?

So is there a ban wave happening right now? And the bots are resisting?
  25. ya5u

Is TF2 down?

probably a bot issue. mygt bots and can you quack bots have been hitting casual games hard recently
  1. Load more activity