[PSA] How to Help Identify Quicksell Buyer Trades

Baloo

Stop making a flame war.

Might have flamed a bit more :P

Besides, I can't help it i like a good argument.

• 3 weeks later...

Might have flamed a bit more :P

Besides, I can't help it i like a good argument.

Your example wasn't reasonable though. It wasn't a good argument.

Your example wasn't reasonable though. It wasn't a good argument.

How was my example not reasonable? It shows that all economies revolve around large profit margins, and the 30%~ average profit margin for profit traders is actually pretty small (about the same as a wholesaler).

P.s. Nice necro. 

• 1 month later...

Quickbuyers also usually buy your unusuals (for -30%-50% off the price mainly) with pure buds/keys. Some people only want pure and not "unusuals for unusual-trading" so they sell it to quickbuyer, because its almost impossible to get full price pure only.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see the problem with people buying Unusuals for 60% of the price, etc. 

It's not like you're forced to accept it...

I don't see the problem with people buying Unusuals for 60% of the price, etc. 

It's not like you're forced to accept it...

No one said you are, who exactly are you trying to contest?

• 4 months later...

Michael's probably going to be pissed when I say this, but I think that if a bp.tf admin is highballing/quickbuying, I think it's wrong that they don't follow the prices that they set.

Prices aren't static, that's why they change, and a quicksell buyers help an economy survive by buying up the items for cheap that people don't want or are selling to buy something else. There's no place where it states you must sell to a quicksell buyer. People do it by choice in order to get other things they want or they don't have the patience to wait for a buyer at a higher amount.

• Like 3

Michael's probably going to be pissed when I say this, but I think that if a bp.tf admin is highballing/quickbuying, I think it's wrong that they don't follow the prices that they set.

"Prices listed are suggested values only."  <--- This is always plainly stated at the top of the page when you go to check prices

It's disturbing that you seem to believe the job of bp.tf is to set prices.  What's worse is that you appear to be okay with that, and instead only take issue with an admin not following those prices.

Seriously: WTH?

Please do everyone a favor by not voting on or submiting any price suggestions until you understand the purpose of the site.  It's not to control the market; it is to provide reporting on the market.  Get it right.

Prices aren't static, that's why they change, and a quicksell buyers help an economy survive by buying up the items for cheap that people don't want or are selling to buy something else. There's no place where it states you must sell to a quicksell buyer. People do it by choice in order to get other things they want or they don't have the patience to wait for a buyer at a higher amount.

In many ways it is harder than it used to be. Trade.tf allows everyone to quicksell their own item and for buyers to find deals pushing margins for many items tighter and tighter. Quickbuy traders serve a valuable service in that they help move pure around the trading economy on speculation. They take losses as well.

He doesn't even want to trade that often, so if he would buy/sell everything for bp.tf price, he would need like 10 automatic bots to handle the traffic. :P

• 1 month later...

Also, are you mad at Walmart, or Home Depot, or Lowes or Hell, any business?....The majority of retail stores mark up everything 100-300% percent.

Go to Gamestop, they'll give you $0.15 for a used game, and throw it on their shelves for $15.....

Or restaurants, a restaurant near me buys its hamburgers for $4, and then sells them for $12.

ALL economies revolve around large profit margins. It just doesn't pay to do business otherwise.

Yes, but that's retail. TF economy is more like a trading card game (when your not trying to shark for phat profit), you trade something you don't need for something you use. Unless you have stolen credit cards, then its a money launders dream.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this pinned? :wacko:

I think the vast majority of traders know how to spot a quickbuyers trades..

because baloo knows some deep secrets of mods

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this pinned? :wacko: 

I think the vast majority of traders know how to spot a quickbuyers trades..

According to most of my closed unusual quickbuy trades. No, people don't.

You say that quickbuyers don't set the price, but I challenge you to sell a craft hat for 1.33 or more. It's nearly impossible, except if you have a bot buying for 1 ref and selling for 1.33. Most of the hats now sell for 1 ref, and I don't see any trades asking for a special hat.

i.e. : I want to sell my Company Mann

I post a trade selling it for 1.33

I look for other trades

80% of them are 1 ref quickbuyers

15% of them are people who buy that specific hat for 1 ref (not quickbuying, just lowballing)

5% are decent trades

Here's a question: What happens when people are quicksell buying based off the backpack.tf price, but the only price that can viably be obtained for said item is that price? IE quicksale buyers buying an item at 3 ref, but the only time that item is ever sold is at that price.

Here's a question: What happens when people are quicksell buying based off the backpack.tf price, but the only price that can viably be obtained for said item is that price? IE quicksale buyers buying an item at 3 ref, but the only time that item is ever sold is at that price.

then the price is 3 ref?

Then they;re not being quick sold and that buyer is probably flooded with offers/adds.

• 1 month later...

You can also recognize quicksellers/quick buyers if they say things like "LOL cancer hat cancer effect" or whatever. Then they offer you like 9 keys for your. 11 key unusual

I cri erry tiem D:

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Damn. looks like i posted in the wrong thread. doh

I didn't expect to get a notification on a thread I made 5 years ago, thx tho

• Love 1