Good buys on SCM

Kevin the Chicken God

I know I've seen this thread up before, but i dont care coz imma badass

I sold a bunch of my cards that some dude gave to me for free for being nice to him and helping him out with trading, and now I have a bunch of dosh in my steam account

What are good buys right now?

I'm really interested in variety, I dont wanna buy 20 lime paints or something, so shoot me cool cheap non-robo stuff that's a pretty good buy

Good bargains on SCM get snatched up within seconds by bots.  You have to be extremely quick if you want to get to those and it'll also help if you're close to Valve HQ (ping).     

nobodies posted on that in ages, so it really doesnt serve me much porpoise

Good bargains on SCM get snatched up within seconds by bots.  You have to be extremely quick if you want to get to those and it'll also help if you're close to Valve HQ (ping).     

not really looking for the one guy selling the salvaged @ normal crate prices, 2lazy, shouldve clarified

:c

already have like 8 or summin lol

Buy stranges--the influx of them has created a severe undercutting war and many of them are way cheaper than they should be.

You can get an S Sandman for .80 USD (2.66 ref, 5 ref on bp.tf) or an S Spy-cicle for .40 USD (1.33 ref, 3 ref on bp.tf)

Buy stranges--the influx of them has created a severe undercutting war and many of them are way cheaper than they should be.

You can get an S Sandman for .80 USD (2.66 ref, 5 ref on bp.tf) or an S Spy-cicle for .40 USD (1.33 ref, 3 ref on bp.tf)

danke, ill buy a few of those *puts on shopping list*

Instead of spending $2.30 on a key, spend it on a Strange Dead Ringer.

o dang, added to list

Just camp trade.tf and be quick. Thats where i'd be.....if I didn't have this bullshit 200-item sell limit to deal with :/ 

Just camp trade.tf and be quick. Thats where i'd be.....if I didn't have this bullshit 200-item sell limit to deal with :/ 

i don't have that limit :P

i don't have that limit :P

You're either not in the US or you trust valve a lot more than I do (and more than you probably should). 

You're either not in the US or you trust valve a lot more than I do (and more than you probably should). 

Nah i'm from EU :P

And no i don't trust valve at all why you think i nag at them for fixes or suggestions ?

Nah i'm from EU :P

And no i don't trust valve at all why you think i nag at them for fixes or suggestions ?

Why trust comment was predicated on you being in the US--since there is a 200 sale limit unless you give Valve your social security number, which i'm certainly not going to do considering their bullshit security. 

I personally bought a Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol Strangifier for $1.04, used it on the weapon, sold it for $1.40. Easy profit, but that was when they were new :P

Also, Headshot Kills sells for $4, you could probably sell for more in items :P

Also, Headshot Kills sells for $4, you could probably sell for more in items :P

Headshot kills are tanking though since they just got rereleased. A few days ago, they were selling for $11.

Well I bought a bunch of Strange Flare guns for $1.10-$1.30 and sold them to people for 6.66-7.00 Refined.

The market price is supposedly 1 Key, but it's hard to find buyers for 1 key.

The average price for Strange Flare Guns are $1.52 at the moment, but if you manage to sell each one for 6 Refined (there's a bot online that buys for 6 Refined each), and by obtaining that money used to buy those flare guns by selling TF2 keys @ $2.00 (not including tax) each, you can make like 1.22-1.33 refined profit per purchase. If you choose to buy them all at once and manage to find buyers at 1 key for each flare gun, you just made 1 key for every five flare guns you sold.

I'm bad at math so in actuality, you may make no profit at all, but Flare Guns are $1.52 in the Community Market, and Backpack.tf values them as 1 Key, and keys sell on average $1.95-2.00 in the SCM so that's like some profit (albeit minimal).

You should try finding stranges released prior to #30 crates, since most of the sellers of these stranges are people who've already moved on with the game and would like to (most likely) get rid of their items for Steam Wallet Money. I managed to buy a Strange Ambassador for $1.08 and a Strange Reserve Shooter for $1.34, which is a pretty decent deal. Stranges from newer crates have newer player base and are usually very cheap, but stranges from older crates are generally from people who unboxed them when they were released and are sitting in their backpacks.

I bought a Strange Reserve Shooter w/ Airborne Enemy Kills for $2.73.

You should really check for any Strange Parts, they could be going for much less than they could go for.

Stranges with strange parts. :D

I found a Big Earner with Dominations and Critical Kills for $0.24. Two Knives with Dominations for $0.60-ish. Other good stuff too, but those are some examples. 

Gift wrap goes for $1.78.

I think a bot buys it for 7 ref.

Buy the keys with the ref.

Sell the keys on the market.

Repeat.

I bought a Strange Reserve Shooter w/ Airborne Enemy Kills for $2.73.

You should really check for any Strange Parts, they could be going for much less than they could go for.

Got me A Carbonado Stickybomb for $1.76. It has Robots Destroyed, Giant Robots Destroyed, and Tanks Killed.

Got me A Carbonado Stickybomb for $1.76. It has Robots Destroyed, Giant Robots Destroyed, and Tanks Killed.

Perfect for MvM.

Nice find.

Archived