Hackers getting smarter

Astrocat

Okie, so i was playing a normal tf2 game on a valve server, and I noticed one of my teammates spazzing and then stopping to shoot someone in the head in an instant, i noticed this person was just changing their name to other players on the team, he even changed to my name at some point, i thought of this as a very clever way of being an undetected uber cheater, I was scared people were going to think i was the cheater and report me instead of the actual cheater, so I disconnected. Has anyone ever seen this before?

I see this quite frequently. Admins on the server can pretty easily tell the difference between the hacker and another player with the same name in the console.

I see this quite frequently. Admins on the server can pretty easily tell the difference between the hacker and another player with the same name in the console.

if most admins would be as smart as the hackers, yes.

Everyone can easily tell the difference and start a votekick for them (not saying that it works all the time).

*sigh*

Everyone can easily tell the difference and start a votekick for them (not saying that it works all the time).

*sigh*

Not precisely, as everyone who was on his team were getting a ton of achievements, so noone knew who it really was, he figured out a way to disable votes to... this was all on a valve server.

I've seen that, its most likely an achievement hack that basically is meant to disrupt the game. It also will force people into doing there action taunt. Ive seen this on a server I admin and it crashed the server.

Some servers will automatically kick if you repeatedly change your steam name within a small period of time.

It's a namehack and votekicking won't work since the majority of people will votekick the wrong person.

The easiest way is that the admin in charge of the server bans the hacker by using his steamid.

This is very common. VAC doesnt detect it and im 90% sure the download gives you a virus,  but its popular nonetheless >.< I got a forum warning post for making a thread on it so whateve

This is very common. VAC doesnt detect it and im 90% sure the download gives you a virus,  but its popular nonetheless >.< I got a forum warning post for making a thread on it so whateve

yeah, that's because you linked to the site... That's just stupid

Archived