April 10th, 2014 3:24 pm

The Radiated Banana

So yeah premium for many users on outpost is going to run out in less than a month.

What do you guys think will happen then?  Less traders? Less outpost users?

I personally plan on getting backpack.tf premium/donatorship cuz it has autobump if im online :P

And im wayyyyyy too lazy to bump my trades on outpost. Might switch to bazaar.tf since i only need to refresh the page to bump all the trades.

So back to the question, what do YOU think will happen

PS if i could get outpost premium i would but i dont have paypal, cuz i need a credit card for it and im under aged :c

Also, should i get bp.tf premium or donator

what do you mean outpost will run out of premium? Your premium? 

ooooh... you mean for everyone that donated? Oh right. Well... there will be a massive deduction in premium users, and quite a few people don't have credit cards(I am fortunate to have family who are willing to pay) and even if that happens, ppl will prolly sell some tf2 crap and pay with PayPal.

While I do want more people to go to bazaar, keep in mind that this means that all of the more...questionable people will go to bazaar as well. 

- A whole chunk of retired traders will finally be thrown out of the auto bump cycle

- Many users will go to bazaar (better premium service) and most likely be exposed to the many additional features they have there requiring outpost up their game. (bazaar has slowly getting more and more users)

if many people start leaving, maybe they'll switch back to key donations!

Hope this happens

I can't wait till it means something to have autobump once again. People just trading a little won't find it worth it to pay monthly

Get a visa from your local post office

(I don't know if this is a thing outside of Australia)

No age restriction (I believe) 

Or just use your parents' bank card / credit card / w/e they use

if many people start leaving, maybe they'll switch back to key donations!

They said they stopped item donations partly due to legal issues--whether they were lying or stretching the truth is debatable, but I highly doubt they'll start taking item donations again. The backlash of flip-flopping wouldn't be worth the extra customers.

Get a visa from your local post office

(I don't know if this is a thing outside of Australia)

No age restriction (I believe) 

Or just use your parents' bank card / credit card / w/e they use

You can purchase prepaid gift cards from major credit card companies at just about any American store (they usually have them in the checkout aisle next to the magazines and such, and are activated by buying them). They work exactly like regular debit cards, save certain obvious security/convenience things that come from not being connected to a bank account (some even allow you to add more funds to them).

Thank fuck. I'm so sick if seeing those in-active listings that are constantly bumping. Also, with less premium sellers, more traffic to my premium trades :D

Bazaar has imo better features, design and stuff, but a very small community, so the more people join the better

I'll use a timer or something to remind myself to bump them.

I don't think many people are going to buy premium afterwards.

how do the mods know ur doing it :P

When you don't have premium and all your trades get bumped at once, or when your trades get bumped constantly over long periods of time. 

April 10th, 2014 3:24 pm --> doomsday clock is ticking :P

On a serious note: I predict nothing will happen and majority of people will stay on outpost and that regular traders who can't afford premium will manually bump their trades. Maybe regular traders will try to move to bazaar.tf but it's highly likely they'll move back to outpost since most 'noob'-traders will still be there. This is because habits don't change that fast and that the people who don't care about metal, trading etc. are the ones who just want an item fast and forethat they'll go to the place they know best (outpost).

April 10th, 2014 3:24 pm --> doomsday clock is ticking :P

On a serious note: I predict nothing will happen and majority of people will stay on outpost and that regular traders who can't afford premium will manually bump their trades. Maybe regular traders will try to move to bazaar.tf but it's highly likely they'll move back to outpost since most 'noob'-traders will still be there. This is because habits don't change that fast and that the people who don't care about metal, trading etc. are the ones who just want an item fast and forethat they'll go to the place they know best (outpost).

Not to mention a lot of people clearly don't know about bazaar, as there is absolutely no reason to not have at least registered on bazaar at this point. 

But I'm predicting OP will become more focused on high value items while bazaar handles all the smaller items. 

-snip-

How can people not know about bazaar when you get the drop down list on trading in bp.tf's home page. Bazaar.tf is right there ._.

Archived