Backpack.tf Playdate Thread.

Santa Heavy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group announcement?

On the actual site.

wait, is this official yet?  I'd say just schedule it the forums.  Just my opinion but I see more of a community in the forums than the site.

wait, is this official yet?  I'd say just schedule it the forums.  Just my opinion but I see more of a community in the forums than the site.

Brad said it was a good idea.

I just wanna know when he's putting it in motion.

But for now I can prepare so we're good when he gives the word.

Well it's technically player-official.  If you guys don't know of any dedicated servers that we would be able to fit everyone on at a certain time period, I'm willing to modify my server to suit the event that the majority would like to play each week or however often we'd like to do it.

I'm on pretty much all the time, and the server is located in Chicago if that matters to anyone.  Anyway, once a decision is made, I will gladly make the modifications needed to accommodate for the event, whenever the date is chosen.

Time --> GMT/UTC plox. :(

Or EMZ :P

EST is:

GMT -4:00

Well it's technically player-official.  If you guys don't know of any dedicated servers that we would be able to fit everyone on at a certain time period, I'm willing to modify my server to suit the event that the majority would like to play each week or however often we'd like to do it.

I'm on pretty much all the time, and the server is located in Chicago if that matters to anyone.  Anyway, once a decision is made, I will gladly make the modifications needed to accommodate for the event, whenever the date is chosen.

EST is:

Once brad makes the decision I will tally up the votes and we could make the plans for the server. c:

Well it's technically player-official.

I was referring to his suggestion of advertising it on the main site, which isn't our decision to make.

I was referring to his suggestion of advertising it on the main site, which isn't our decision to make.

Ah yeah my bad, didn't notice that you were just addressing that part of his post

I appreciate the initiative, I think it's a good idea -- if you want to organize a "backpack.tf user" playdate, I think that's cool and you can keep at it. :) 

I have a bigger plan for this idea though, more about this later once I have more time to dedicate to this :D

GMT please.

not EST

We're not all 'muricans.

Saxton Hale. Or Freak Fortress.

EST is:

I appreciate the initiative, I think it's a good idea -- if you want to organize a "backpack.tf user" playdate, I think that's cool and you can keep at it. :)

I have a bigger plan for this idea though, more about this later once I have more time to dedicate to this :D

Well you heard it here first.

The first playdate I'll be holding will be today at 10:00 GMT

You guys chose control points. So we will do that!

Tomorrow it will also be the same time and on sunday.

Also how do you refresh a poll?

Hope you all can make it and have fun! c:

Add me for the invite.

Since Brad doesn't really have a set time he'd like to initiate his secret plan that he's got going, I'd like to bump this thread and suggest that we do another one next weekend, though we should choose a date/time by tomorrow at the latest so we are able to get an accurate count of who would be able to go. 

How about 2 days of fun?

Friday (Capture Point / Payload Rotation)

Start time: 23:59 GMT

End time:  ??:?? GMT

Saturday (Pyro Dodgeball / Randomizer)Note: It may just be one or the other, so be sure to say which one you would prefer)

Start time: 23:59 GMT

Not a guarantee, but we may try to do something on Sunday as well.   Please let me know if you think the times are suitable, and if you're alright with the game modes.  I am able to host both of these as I have gotten the crash issues worked out with the company I go through for my server.

CP or payload works for me, and I like randomizer slightly more (because I'm not very good at dodgeball). I can probably join, so count me in.

CP or payload works for me, and I like randomizer slightly more (because I'm not very good at dodgeball). I can probably join, so count me in.

On try #1 a few days ago, some of the people were wanting to play Payload instead of CP.  I'm thinking for Friday I'll just put like 1/2 the CP maps & 1/2 the payload maps in the rotation and allow voting to just let majority decide which to do since they're both vanilla modes.  Though for Saturday it may come down to who wants what more, since I don't know how fast I'd be able to swap out all the plugins, maps & such.  If we decide on randomizer, what map would you want?  I haven't really done it before, so I don't really know what's popular/common or not.

I just would need advance notice but I can work around just about anything with my current schedule. No longer working on call due to having a son recently, but having a son recently jacked up all my weekends. lol

I am good with randomizer, i dont practice on any one map. But I played turbine for the longest time for some reason. 

Since Brad doesn't really have a set time he'd like to initiate his secret plan that he's got going, I'd like to bump this thread and suggest that we do another one next weekend, though we should choose a date/time by tomorrow at the latest so we are able to get an accurate count of who would be able to go. 

How about 2 days of fun?

Friday (Capture Point / Payload Rotation)

Start time: 00:00 GMT

Saturday (Pyro Dodgeball / Randomizer)Note: It may just be one or the other, so be sure to say which one you would prefer)

Start time: 00:00 GMT

Not a guarantee, but we may try to do something on Sunday as well.   Please let me know if you think the times are suitable, and if you're alright with the game modes.  I am able to host both of these as I have gotten the crash issues worked out with the company I go through for my server.

I just would need advance notice but I can work around just about anything with my current schedule. No longer working on call due to having a son recently, but having a son recently jacked up all my weekends. lol

I am good with randomizer, i dont practice on any one map. But I played turbine for the longest time for some reason. 

Is this enough time in advance? ;D   Hope you can make it.

Randomizer is fun in arena or KOTH maps, less so for cp or payload (because broken loadouts = constant win)

Also, what is the IP of the server?

Randomizer is fun in arena or KOTH maps, less so for cp or payload (because broken loadouts = constant win)

Also, what is the IP of the server?

69.147.250.214:27015  --  It currently just runs a custom trade map that sits empty 99% of the time.

Also, by 0 GMT Friday, you mean in ~2 hours? Also, how long do people plan on being there? There's a show I have to go to starting at 8 (EST), but I'll try to join when I get back

Archived