Guys, we have a bigger problem than phishing

mattking45

Please check this out. I look at my notifications and some guy gave me a link to Dropbox so i can download something. This is a bigger problem than phishing. Here a link to my profile so you can look at my comments and youll see it. [Link removed]  Is anyone else getting this

That's the same way Alex got hijacked. Please remove the phishing link from your profile.

7pgjb.png

i just removed it. thanks for telling me it a phishing thing, so if i would of downloaded it, it would take over my computer or something?

When you click on it, does it ask you to download it or do you have to enter your user and pass from Steam?

Either way, I never download anything I know isn't safe or type in my password

Its the same way I was hacked just way stupider.

You wouldn't get your stuff back from steam either.

Report and move on. Actually, if that link is in your history can you send it to me?

Might help me in my case against valve.

Its the same way I was hacked just way stupider.

You wouldn't get your stuff back from steam either.

Report and move on. Actually, if that link is in your history can you send it to me?

Might help me in my case against valve.

That link shouldn't really be helpful since Valve should have access to the chat log between you and your friend where he sent you that link. 

That link shouldn't really be helpful since Valve should have access to the chat log between you and your friend where he sent you that link. 

well the guy wasnt my friend, i think he just commented on my profile

well the guy wasnt my friend, i think he just commented on my profile

Was talking to Alex (hence me quoting him)

Im going to upload the rar to steam support.

lel

This is a phishing attempt..

Anyway - old method like mentioned previously. I've had this once or twice too.

Uhh, yes. Yes it pretty much is.

phishing is tricking the other person into giving you their information--i.e. no hacking whatsoever. You "physically" hand the phished your info. 

Hacking, the hacker takes advantage of an exploit/virus/other malicious software to run on your computer and either track keystrokes (key logger) or grab all pre-entered information. 

They're quite different. 

phishing is tricking the other person into giving you their information--i.e. no hacking whatsoever. You "physically" hand the phished your info. 

Hacking, the hacker takes advantage of an exploit/virus/other malicious software to run on your computer and either track keystrokes (key logger) or grab all pre-entered information. 

They're quite different. 

Or run a little script to send all your stuff to some hacker via trade offer real quick.....

Im going to upload the rar to steam support.

lel

So it's your fault that Steam is a mess

eh Gabe will somehow bless the servers and make them work again

Archived