Ban Requests/Rep Farmer Testimonials

cleverpun

Just like other sites, the admins are willing to give bans if requested. If you request a ban we will revoke it when asked. Cold turkey and all that.

• Don't request bans for other people, just yourself.
  • Please only request bans of at least 1 day in length. Help the mods by requesting specific numbers rather than cutoff dates.
  • Make it clear where you want your ban (forums/main site/both)
  • If you want a ban starting on a certain day, then ask for it on that day.

Requesting unbans:

Post your appeal in the Trust Issues section of http://backpack.tf/issue. If you don't post there, it may not be seen for a while.

You can also use this thread to share testimonials about your overuse of the site. Backpack.tf is a Skinner box. Addiction is not restricted to substances.

No judgement, only love.

Backpack.tf is a Skinner Box. Addiction is not restricted to substances.

With that in mind, here's the place where you can share testimonials about your overuse of the site.

No judgement, only love.

And remember, just like TF2R, the admins are willing to give bans if requested. If you request a ban we will revoke it when asked. Cold turkey and all that.

I price things too much. I try not to rep whore my suggestions, but I spend too much time trying for proof and stuff.

Or maybe I just trade too much.

When I can't sleep, I'll compile loads of counterproof for suggestions that are obviously wrong to begin with.  Don't judge me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I price things too much. I try not to rep whore my suggestions, but I spend too much time trying for proof and stuff.

Or maybe I just trade too much.

You mean like you open trades just to get proof? I've done that before, but it never seems to work for me.

When I can't sleep, I'll compile loads of counterproof for suggestions that are obviously wrong to begin with.  Don't judge me.

No judgement, only love. <3

You mean like you open trades just to get proof? I've done that before, but it never seems to work for me.

No judgement, only love. <3

Backpack - by Merrycatch22

No

I trade too much

To trade I look at bp.tf for prices

Then I want to suggest.

Then I want to stay on bp.tf

Then since I have suggested my fill

I fool around on the forums

My homework is neglected

Such sweet sorrow

I let the top contributors drive me to vote and stay up countless hours.  Just hit 99 though, pretty pumped on that. :D  Homework also neglected.  It's just college, whatever.

My homework has been neglected due to checking trades, going on the forum, making suggestions, voting.

What haz you done to me....

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE BRAD AIFKHSKGHAKSHLK

• Like 1

Please ban my account, I just need a break. I'll let you guys know when I feel like I'd like to jump back in.  

Thanks.  Dillon

Please ban my account, I just need a break. I'll let you guys know when I feel like I'd like to jump back in.  

Thanks.  Dillon

Aw, sorry to see you go.

Aw, sorry to see you go.

I plan on writing a little post as to why I am, since my reason is an opinion that I feel others might share.   I don't know though if I can still use this forum if I am banned on the site itself, but we shall see.

Thanks.  Dillon

I banned you for the maximum ban length--PM me on the forums or add me on steam when you feel you're ready to return and I'll unban you.

I don't know though if I can still use this forum if I am banned on the site itself, but we shall see.

Site bans and forum bans are separate. If you also feel you need a forum ban let me know.

The seven criteria for substance dependence are:

(1) Tolerance as defined by either of the following:

(a) A need for markedly increased amounts of the substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect.

(B) Markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of the substance.

(2) Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following: (a) The characteristic withdrawal syndrome for the substance (refer to Criteria A or B of the criteria sets for Withdrawal from specific substances). (B) The same (or a closely related) substance is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms.

(3) The substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.

(4) There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use.

(5) A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain the substance (such as visiting multiple doctors or driving long distances), use the substance (such as chain smoking) or recover from its effects.

(6) Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use.

(7) The substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance.

Only three of the above are needed to be deemed an addictive substance

(1) Tolerance as defined by either of the following:

(a) A need for markedly increased amounts of the substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect.

( B) Markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of the substance.

(2) Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following: (a) The characteristic withdrawal syndrome for the substance (refer to Criteria A or B of the criteria sets for Withdrawal from specific substances). ( B) The same (or a closely related) substance is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms.

(3) The substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.

(4) There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use.

(5) A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain the substance (such as visiting multiple doctors or driving long distances), use the substance (such as chain smoking) or recover from its effects.

(6) Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use.

(7) The substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance.

Only three of the above are needed to be deemed an addictive substance

And I meet 4

Thanks; I was trying to find that list when I posted the thread, but I don't own a copy of the DSM-IV. There is also a technical distinction between dependence and addiction (and this thread is generally referring to dependance), but I figured that would be over-explaining things.

I am not a narcissist, and I can't even judge myself?

No--the entire reason for the first rule is that judgement is not constructive or proactive, and judging yourself doesn't make it any less unhelpful.

No judgements.

You are welcome to make constructive criticisms, action plans, or examine/target areas of growth, though! If you need help with any of those things then that's what this thread is for.

Ban me from the forums permanently, but not the website.

Thanks.

In order to ban you permanently I have to give you 50 warning points and they cannot be revoked. I can ask Brad to give you an extended ban bypassing the warn system so it'll be revokable if you change your mind, but it'll take longer to implement. Which would you prefer?

In order to ban you permanently I have to give you 50 warning points and they cannot be revoked. I can ask Brad to give you an extended ban bypassing the warn system so it'll be revokable if you change your mind, but it'll take longer to implement. Which would you prefer?

Hm. I have a different idea.

Okay, try banning me for a week then. I'll probably forget about this place by the time seven days have passed.

Hm. I have a different idea.

Okay, try banning me for a week then. I'll probably forget about this place by the time seven days have passed.

Done and done

• 2 weeks later...

Is it bad when one's alt may soon become an advanced meber also?

I'm not sure why you would divide the work among your accounts. Unless you're doing troll suggestions on your alt (as some members do XD)

I'm not sure why you would divide the work among your accounts. Unless you're doing troll suggestions on your alt (as some members do XD)

I am logged in to my alt while on my phone so.   Btw, this account is my alt not the main.  Also, sometimes it is nice to not speack as people otherwise know you.