Vac Banned on my Alt

Wooden House

The servers I help manage uses Sourcebans but we don't submit bans to the community nor uphold bans issued elsewhere.

Just because a community uses sourcebans doesn't mean you are banned everyplace that uses it.

Edited to add:

Actually I don't see anyplace that allows communities to share their ban database with others. SB is for all types of bans, not just hacking - so I can ban somebody for being racist and they can play elsewhere just fine.

Guys just stop saying "Well it's your fault should have had more responsibility" don't blame him, it could happen to anyone.

Blame his friend.

Guys just stop saying "Well it's your fault should have had more responsibility" don't blame him, it could happen to anyone.

Blame his friend.

Haven't you heard of "Your Account, Your Responsibility?"

Blame his friend.

Cyan, I direct you to read my previous comments and actually read the Steam Subscriber Agreement. Particularly the last paragraph of Section 1. Yes it could happen to anyone, but YOU are responsible for what happens on your account. Also, he WILLINGLY allowed his friend to play on the alt.

You should've had your friend just make an account and he/she could have used Gmod because of being on the same computer your alt was on.

Haven't you heard of "Your Account, Your Responsibility?"

Cyan, I direct you to read my previous comments and actually read the Steam Subscriber Agreement. Particularly the last paragraph of Section 1. Yes it could happen to anyone, but YOU are responsible for what happens on your account. Also, he WILLINGLY allowed his friend to play on the alt.

Yeah I know, but saying "Oh it's your fault" doesn't help, it usually just ends up making the person feel bad. Plus it can get annoying when everyone starts to say it, one person is enough.

Yeah I know, but saying "Oh it's your fault" doesn't help, it usually just ends up making the person feel bad. Plus it can get annoying when everyone starts to say it, one person is enough.

It's the cold hard truth. And as most backpack.tf users:

I can understand that one time would be enough, and it should have been, but he is to blame. The truth hurts, but he violated the Steam Subscriber Agreement that he accepted. Should he have let his friend on his account in the first place? No, he shouldn't have because that violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement. He could have used Family Sharing. The fact that there was an alternative other than blowing off his friend that he didn't chose means that he was too lazy to set it up or he didn't know about it (although it is kind of hard to ignore). While making him feel bad is a side-effect, hopefully he knows not to trust that friend again and he takes the good with the bad.

Hurt feelings are not my intention, but rather to provide aid. Sometimes the truth hurts.

First Step: Kick your friend's ass

Second Step: Kick your friend's ass

Third Step: What i said above

Fourth Step: Cry ;_;

I can understand that one time would be enough, and it should have been, but he is to blame. The truth hurts, but he violated the Steam Subscriber Agreement that he accepted. Should he have let his friend on his account in the first place? No, he shouldn't have because that violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement. He could have used Family Sharing. The fact that there was an alternative other than blowing off his friend that he didn't chose means that he was too lazy to set it up or he didn't know about it (although it is kind of hard to ignore). While making him feel bad is a side-effect, hopefully he knows not to trust that friend again and he takes the good with the bad.

Hurt feelings are not my intention, but rather to provide aid. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I mean yes, usually you can trust your friends but sometimes they're just complete idiots, and I'm sure he's learnt his lesson.

Now I think we should stop arguing about this.

I mean yes, usually you can trust your friends but sometimes they're just complete idiots, and I'm sure he's learnt his lesson.

Now I think we should stop arguing about this.

Agreed. 

First Step: Kick your friend's ass

Second Step: Kick your friend's ass

Third Step: What i said above

Fourth Step: Cry ;_;

I fear no man

But that profile picture

It scares me

Step 1. Pound/grind your friend's nuts to dust

Step 2. Repair his testicles

Step 3. Repeat Step 1-2 until you are satisfied

Step 4. Cry about Valve possibly terminating your account

VAC bans cannot and will not be reversed by Valve - unless in the case of a false positive which Valve find out about, in which case they will unban you, send you a complimentary game or two and an apology email.

VAC bans cannot and will not be reversed by Valve - unless in the case of a false positive which Valve find out about, in which case they will unban you, send you a complimentary game or two and an apology email.

Except in the case of Drunken Fool and the Golden Wrench.

Archived