Banned, which means good bye

Christley </3 Peelz

7ki6e.png

so today i got banned on op for trading with a marked "scammer" on sop. he had faked his c/os and i did a legit trade with him. i got banned because of it, and the fact that i dont check sop every time i make a trade as i "should". so i missed checking about 30 people each day. so im getting banned because any mark on sop is a mark and its just as extreme any time. doesnt matter if he did something not related to anyone at all or if he hacked mattie.

if anyone wanna read the chat i had with bluescreen before i got banned, here it is:

Never tell your password to anyone.
Christley </3 Peelz: hi
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Hi, I'm an Outpost Admin, do you have a moment?
Christley </3 Peelz: sure
Blue Screen of Dea†h: OK.
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Do you trade with marked scammers?
Christley </3 Peelz: no
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Are you sure?
Christley </3 Peelz: pretty, why?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2410433374,633,5
Blue Screen of Dea†h: http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2410433391,337,5
Blue Screen of Dea†h: http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2410433411,107,5
Christley </3 Peelz: ill show history, 1 sec
Christley </3 Peelz: http://puu.sh/7keZp.png
Christley </3 Peelz: pe bonnet, beams buckaroo
Blue Screen of Dea†h: https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198012715788
Blue Screen of Dea†h: This user is a marked scammer.
Christley </3 Peelz: okay, why would it be an offence though? its from a trader who havent scammed the hats. only faked c/os. it wouldnt affect his trades
Blue Screen of Dea†h: No trading with scammer alts. We do not encourage our users trading with scammers, and you should be careful to not trade with obvious alternate accounts of scammers. Please check the user's Steam profile and SteamRep status before trading with them.
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Rule #8
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Also, why did you lie to me?
Christley </3 Peelz: 1. if i do ~50 trades each day, i should do extensive research on the person before even accepting the trade?
Christley </3 Peelz: because i didnt know? i dont check sop when i get legit deals. i check when i get sketchy deals
Blue Screen of Dea†h: So trading with scammer is fine unless it is a sketchy deal?
Christley </3 Peelz: thats a c/o faker. he didnt steal any hats, nor did he destroy for someone else. so i wouldnt consider that a mark that mattered trades at all
Blue Screen of Dea†h: So it's up to you to decide whether a mark is valid or not? And how can you be sure he didn't steal anything?
Christley </3 Peelz: if he did steal anything, it would be linked to his profile
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Many marks have no info associated in the notes.
Christley </3 Peelz: then its not really my fault if the info im given isnt the best. thats like selling a product without info on how to use it
Blue Screen of Dea†h: The mark is pretty obvious, it's bright red.
Christley </3 Peelz: fine. im not gonna argue further. im not gonna have my way anyhow. do as you'd like
Blue Screen of Dea†h: First you say you don't trade with scammers. Then you say you didn't check. Now you say he didn't steal anything.
Blue Screen of Dea†h: I see you unteracting with other marked scammers too.
Blue Screen of Dea†h: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044130676
Blue Screen of Dea†h: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044130676
Blue Screen of Dea†h: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198036565247
Christley </3 Peelz: hats in question?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Why don't you tell me what the trades were about?
Christley </3 Peelz: because i dont know which hats it were
Christley </3 Peelz: im asking you which one
Christley </3 Peelz: i cant remember if i dont know which hat it is
Blue Screen of Dea†h: You added shrimp on Feb 22, and lobster on Feb 25.
Christley </3 Peelz: you obviously know which hats they are. why dont you just tell me which ones they are so i can do a proper check?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: The hats are not important. The important thing is the fact that you trade with scammers, and gave me a excuse to justify it.
Christley </3 Peelz: how am i to defend myself if i dont even know the trades?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: I gave you the first one, and your defense was you didn't know about it, and then changed to "he didn't steam anything".
Blue Screen of Dea†h: steal*
Christley </3 Peelz: and you're accusing me of 2 others. yet i have no idea what has been traded. and you refuse to provide which ones they are
Christley </3 Peelz: wait, i havent traded with them, right. you're just here because ive accepted an add from them?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Did I ever say you traded with them?
Christley </3 Peelz: so why is it a problem. am i getting banned on op for adding a scammer and not doing a trade?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: The fact is that you traded with a scammer and lied to me about it. Then tried to justify it by telling you didn't know about it. Then told me you only check if it's a sktechy deal: 18:23 - Christley </3 Peelz: because i didnt know? i dont check sop when i get legit deals. i check when i get sketchy deals
Christley </3 Peelz: so why did you bring the other ones up? it had nothing at all to do with this
Blue Screen of Dea†h: You tell me you don't check people, and I see you interacting with marked accounts. It's pretty easy to assume there's a pattern/
Christley </3 Peelz: oh yeah. adding a dude without doing a trade totally says im constantly trading with scammers
Blue Screen of Dea†h: Considering you just did trade with one and lied to me about it, yes.
Christley </3 Peelz: so you're doing assumptions as proof?
Blue Screen of Dea†h: I have proof.
Blue Screen of Dea†h: You traded with a scammer and lied to me.
Blue Screen of Dea†h: And told me you don't check.
Christley </3 Peelz: you're bringing other people into it to strengthen your point about im trading with multiple scammers. but its not holding up since ive never traded with them. im sorry for having a talk with them. i should be banned for exchanging words
Blue Screen of Dea†h: I'm bringing other people because it's circumstancial evidence. And this evidence matches your recent actions.
Christley </3 Peelz: its not evidence if i havent done anything. i can add whoever i want. there's no rule regarding who and what i talk about
Blue Screen of Dea†h: You are not being questioned for adding scammers. And that can't be used to ban you. The recent trade and your disregard for the rules is what you are being accused of.
Christley </3 Peelz: okay
Blue Screen of Dea†h: You are welcome to appeal your ban if you think you are innocent. However, due to your disregard for SR marks and Outpost rules, and the fact that you lied to me on the very first question I asked you, I find it hard to see it go through. Thank you for your time.
Blue Screen of Dea†h is now Offline.

it wouldnt surprice me the least that im getting SOP banned for this aswell. and this has made me insanely mad, which leads to what this trade is about.

im leaving the forums and bp.tf. i really dont think its worth it anymore when this happens. all my spirit is gone for the entire trading community. im not appealing this either. its not gonna lead anywhere.

i wanna thank the people who occationally spoke to me (even though noone really did from here) and andy for knowing through my entire trading career. and the rest of the members of these forums.

ive had a good run through it all. made some good money in this.

if you're wondering what im gonna do now, is cashing out my entire inventory. hating certain people forever and go on with my life.

i just wanted to say good bye to everyone without the need of pming every single name i remember.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feel that the ban is more from the fact that you lied about it than trading with a scammer since trading with a scammer once (especially on a non-god tier trade) shouldn't warrant a ban. 

Still a stupid reason for a ban (at least based on the limited facts that i know)

Oh my god... No, christley...

You should at least try and refute the ban, mistakes have been made before, remember when KoDoRiN was banned for "price manipulation"? Something has to be done here.

I have a feel that the ban is more from the fact that you lied about it than trading with a scammer since trading with a scammer once (especially on a non-god tier trade) shouldn't warrant a ban. 

Still a stupid reason for a ban (at least based on the limited facts that i know)

wasnt lying. had no idea i was trading a marked scammer. since i said i didnt know he had that mark. i also said later that i dont check sop for legit deals. so i havent lied at all. i said okay when he showed me the proof.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attack - he is enforcing a rule. If you have a problem with the rule, you are welcome to state those opinions.
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attack - he is enforcing a rule. If you have a problem with the rule, you are welcome to state those opinions.

Typical Blue Screen being unreasonable 

Wow. You added a scammer. You SOOOOO deserve the ban hammer .

With that logic any phisher invite you accept guarantees you a ban.

And they expect you to check EVERY trader on SOP?

I feel bad for you :( these admins should really think ahead.

Goodbye and GL.

Wow. You added a scammer. You SOOOOO deserve the ban hammer .

With that logic any phisher invite you accept guarantees you a ban.

And they expect you to check EVERY trader on SOP?

I feel bad for you :( these admins should really think ahead.

Goodbye and GL.

He traded with a scammer not just added.

Wooden, he traded ONCE with a scammer. Is that really enough to banish him from trading forever? I mean cmon.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Insulting others
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Insulting others

You didn't do anything. The admin's an idiot. 

Wooden, he traded ONCE with a scammer. Is that really enough to banish him from trading forever? I mean cmon.

Well I guess. 

He knows what the policies are. He still did the trade, and mentioned multiple times in the chat (and here) he doesn't check people as he should, hence he is ignoring the rules/policies:

because i didnt know? i dont check sop when i get legit deals. i check when i get sketchy deals

the fact that i dont check sop every time i make a trade as i "should". so i missed checking about 30 people each day.

He lied to me on the very first question I made

Blue Screen of Dea†h: Do you trade with marked scammers?

Christley </3 Peelz: no 

He demonstrated clearly disregard for the rules and SR marks. It's not about being a one time thing.

Guys, stop hating on BSOD, he's just doing his job. Just because the recipient is more well know then usual it doesn't mean he should be given special treatment. 

He knows what the policies are. He still did the trade, and mentioned multiple times in the chat (and here) he doesn't check people as he should, hence he is ignoring the rules/policies:

Well, that was a bit of a weighted question tbh. I never check a person's SR on non-unusual (cheap item) trades, so its totally possible that I have traded with a scammer before for small items--i.e. selling a hat or a key or something... So i wouldn't say that responding with "no" is lying.

Not really arguing against the ban, just the accusation of 'lying'.

P.s. Yes, BSoD is the bad guy for trying to enforce rules. K.

im not lying if i dont have knowledge of it. also this "wasnt lying. had no idea i was trading a marked scammer. since i said i didnt know he had that mark. i also said later that i dont check sop for legit deals. so i havent lied at all. i said okay when he showed me the proof."

and now please leave this thread. you've had your time with banning me, now its my time to take farewell. you're not welcome in this thread

Guys, stop hating on BSOD, he's just doing his job. Just because the recipient is more well know then usual it doesn't mean he should be given special treatment. 

I'm used to it, blame the rule enforcers not the rule breakers. I get a lot of love every day.

I've done my part. I won't discuss this case any further, my replies show why the ban was applied. He can appeal if he thinks he's innocent.

I've had my fair share of ban time on OP and I can guarantee you that if you try hard enough you won't skip a beat. If you still like trading you'll be fine.

(this doesn't mean make alts, but use other venues to trade)

I doubt a single trader checks every trader's SOP/SR marked status; especially with trade offers now widely being used. I'm pretty sure I may have made trades in the past with those marked on SOP/SR, just due to the fact that I couldn't care less about their "status" and would rather not waste an extra 5 minutes of my life on a game that is entirely made up and unnecessary.

To me this seems a bit over the top, but then again it is OP and I have seen some worse reasons for bans.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attacks. If you have a problem with the outpost rules, you are welcome to discuss them. But calling out people who enforce them is counter-productive
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attacks. If you have a problem with the outpost rules, you are welcome to discuss them. But calling out people who enforce them is counter-productive

Well, welcome to Bazaar, where mods don't have a stick in their ass, a generally better userbase, and you have 400% more freedom in your trades, just less people looking at them.

He demonstrated clearly disregard for the rules and SR marks. It's not about being a one time thing.

It's absolutely ridiculous for outpost to expect people to check every person they trade with on SOP. I've probably traded with a marked scammer before. I deserve a permanent ban, I suppose.

I see this happen a lot but the majority of first time offenders get a verbal warning or a streamrep caution tag at most. Yeah he should have done his homework but a ban is kinda over the top for a first time offender. Just my opinion from what iv seen in similar instances.

Okay, christley I am so fucking sorry man. I can't imagine what it would be like getting banned from a website like outpost, I would actually cry. But remember, we'll always be here for you man.

That's a bummer.

Shit happens.

Perhaps you can take it up with another admin to get another opinion, just don't blast BSOD for it.

I don't think it matters if a trader adds you directly. If they are not marked on steam then it should not be your responsibility to check EACH and EVERY user for a trader that may be a scammer on another site.

7kkJf.png

And it isn't the end of your trading career, it is more or less a bump in the road.

I was unjustifiably banned from SOP, and I just laugh when they fuck up now.

You are not marked on SR, so take your business to Bazzar, and their premium doesn't cost an ass load and is permanent :D 

Archived