Steam being an asshat

batman2566™

So last night I was selling something and I try to trade with this dude. The item servers are down so he sends me a trade offer, when I go to check my trade offers steam acts like i'm signed out, though can clearly see batman2566 in the top right, but so I log in and it says, "Hello it seems that you are on a new computer, please enter the code given via email" so I check my email, get the code and log in and everything. But when I go to accept the trade offer it says, "Trade Restricted for 7 days, reason: New IP" or something and the only thing that changed with my internet is that we just upgraded the speed last Saturday and I'm not sure if that changes the IP, because we still have the same provider just a different speed package. I'm kinda scared that I got phished but I don't know  how I could've, I got added by 3 phishers this week, but I never logged in to any of the sites. Has this problem happened to anyone else?  :(  :angry: 

This sounds very weird. and there's no way you could have got phished if you didn't enter your information. unless someone sent you like a download link to somewhere and you clicked it. (like how alex sent everyone that zip file)

Annndddd steam is being more of an asshat now i'm not trade banned anymore lol why is steam being such a drunk bastard 

Steam forgot my browser despite logging in through it nearly everyday. Now I have to wait 7 days to be able to send trade offers from my browser.

Currently at ~10 days with this going.

Archived