What are your phobias?

Ersin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The incorrectness of the title disturbs me. Phobias is plural, however "What's" clearly indicates a singular form. Cleverpun please correct (or op)

The incorrectness of the title disturbs me. Phobias is plural, however "What's" clearly indicates a singular form. Cleverpun please correct (or op)

I think I should of named the title "What are your phobias?"

I think I should of named the title "What are your phobias?"

Why yes you should. Can you go change it now? Edit first post with full editor

reptiles (mainly snakes), Parts of body of a man (but not really if its just blood), small red lights on my room at nights

i probably have the wierdest phobias on these forums

i have phobias for

- alchohol (Methyphobia)

- small holes close to eachother (Trypophobia)

- wasps

the first 2 are so extreme that whenever a close person to me drink alcohol i cry for several days and have to go to a phyciatric. and the second is so extreme that i must lie down and shake and cant talk for several hours.

wasps ive just developed since i stood in a wasps nest.

- small holes close to eachother (Trypophobia)

YDtT6GG.gif

Jokes aside, I don't really have any. I have fears, of course. but nothing irrational. 

Trypophobia or whatever that shit is. It's fucking terrible, don't even look it up. Though I believe so many people have it that it's not actually considered a phobia.

Generally speaking heights isn't a phobia. Sure, they're scary as hell, but not exactly irrational.

Bees. I've been stung many times, but I flip a complete shit any time one of those motherfuckers gets near me. I hate them more than anything

There's some people who have a phobia of being naked

Trypophobia or whatever that shit is. It's fucking terrible, don't even look it up

I searched it and it came up with tiny holes on some guy's back. Closed it right then. 

What exactly is it?

Crowds, and some wide open spaces. Like wide open buildings with ceilings high for no reason. Like, really, why would you build a ceiling that high if it's not used for anything at all?!

Aren't phobias supposed to make you have a mental break down when they occur?

Not really, usually just send chills down your spine.

Okay, here goes:

Catapedaphobia

Lygophobia

Claustrophobia

Paraskavedekatriaphobia

And Bathophobia when I'm not wearing my hlasses, cause without them I have horrid depth perception.

yeah sure

Phobia names and etymology[edit]
The fear of Friday the 13th has been called friggatriskaidekaphobia (Frigga being the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named in English and triskaidekaphobia meaning fear of the number thirteen), or paraskevidekatriaphobia[10][11] a concatenation of the Greek wordsParaskeví (ΠαÏασκευή, meaning "Friday"), and dekatreís (δεκατÏείς, meaning "thirteen") attached to phobía (φοβία, from phóbos, φόβος, meaning "fear"). The latter word was derived in 1911[citation needed] and first appeared in a mainstream source in 1953. [12]

Basically he's afraid of Friday the 13th

Claustrophobia - Fear of confined spaces

Acrophobia - Fear of heights

There's no "phobia" name for this one, but it's fear of losing someone loved.

There's no "phobia" name for this one, but it's fear of losing someone loved.

Is there seriously no name for that....thats fucked up

Is there seriously no name for that....thats fucked up

Unfortunately, no. But depending on how you picture "losing" someone loved, it can be related to Thanatophobia (fear of death)

afraid of losing myself to tf2 again ;-;  (although last time I came out of it with a girlfriend somehow?)

Archived