How to make profit thread

Woifi The Viking

I am a very ambitious person!
So always seek profit for each item TF2.
In general any trader looking for profit!
At first I did not know anything about values ​​TF2 items, until one day one friend, showed me backpack.tf.
Since then I always acrechentar profit up in each item.
In less than a year already had over $500.00 USD profit.
I always look for good business, it is clear that often lose some time but after a profit this time and rewarded.

I can give some tips!

I use Scrap.tf for various things.

To buy Weapons, Hats, Taunts, etc..

The purchase of arms, am I profit every 0.05
The purchase of hats, each have a profit of 0.33-0.66 (depends Hat or Level)
Taunts before the purchase had 0,66-1.00 profit on each (currently not buy it)

these are the basic ideas that I use for profit.

My definition of profit. Use Live Deals on trade.tf and get an unusual bonk helm nut's n' bolts after 2 months.

Be proud you make 500 a year.

I should also be proud I make 1500+ in half a year. 

lol

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

How to make big profit in TF2:

Step 1

Wait for Christmas to be over, and buy everyone's BMOC

Step 2

Put up a trade with all of those BMOCs and use the phrase "Christmas is coming!". It does not matter what season it currently is. Eventually, it will be Christmas and you need to let everyone know in BIG, BOLD, MULTI-COLORED TEXT to buy your hats

Step 3

Sell your hat way before Christmas actually arrives. Nobody actually *wants* a BMOC right before Christmas, because then Christmas will have arrived and it won't be coming back anytime soon. Yes, find a time after Halloween, or maybe during Thanksgiving, to sell your hat. People will spend big dollars, around other Holidays, for a hat they won't actually wear for Christmas. Do not ask why, their logic is superior. All you need to know, is that money talks, and these people *will* pay up

Step 4

Try not to suffocate around all your money

• 2 weeks later...

But prepare yourself for lots of time wasting adds and comments.~

Refuse all adds and only do trade offers.

I just recently took my ghosts FFF off the market

It's the only one to ever hit the market, and I've been offered ~7 on it (highest offer being around 8)

Since the one I've owned has made a bunch of appearances on the market, rarity hasn't been as strong with this hat as I feel it should be

Im gonna take if off the market for a few months (if not longer), to make it seem rarer, and hopefully increase its value

I've had no experience doing something like this before, is this smart for profit, or will it just be a waste of a few months

thoughts?

I just recently took my ghosts FFF off the market

It's the only one to ever hit the market, and I've been offered ~7 on it (highest offer being around 8)

Since the one I've owned has made a bunch of appearances on the market, rarity hasn't been as strong with this hat as I feel it should be

Im gonna take if off the market for a few months (if not longer), to make it seem rarer, and hopefully increase its value

I've had no experience doing something like this before, is this smart for profit, or will it just be a waste of a few months

thoughts?

Well, even if you can make it seem "rarer" its not going to go up dramatically, maybe a couple buds at most. So you'd be better off selling it for 8 now rather than sitting on it only to get like 10. Not to mention you also end up being dependent that another one doesn't get put up. 

Well, even if you can make it seem "rarer" its not going to go up dramatically, maybe a couple buds at most. So you'd be better off selling it for 8 now rather than sitting on it only to get like 10. Not to mention you also end up being dependent that another one doesn't get put up. 

none of them have ever been up before, I highly doubt someone is gonna feel the need to put theirs up (no idea who owns the others, they might be dead accounts/locked)

a few buds is what Im hoping for, Im not expecting a noh-like result from this (Im also keeping it because I dont really want to sell it)

none of them have ever been up before, I highly doubt someone is gonna feel the need to put theirs up (no idea who owns the others, they might be dead accounts/locked)

a few buds is what Im hoping for, Im not expecting a noh-like result from this (Im also keeping it because I dont really want to sell it)

Well, the potential profit gain would be minimal in comparison to what you could make by using the pure you get to buy quicksells, so...

8 pure can get like a 12 bud quicksell (which is more than the 10~ i'd eventually expect from the fff)

Whats a FFF again?

fed fedora

Well, the potential profit gain would be minimal in comparison to what you could make by using the pure you get to buy quicksells, so...

8 pure can get like a 12 bud quicksell (which is more than the 10~ i'd eventually expect from the fff)

highest pure offer has been 6

unusuals are 7-8

I also have no desire to get back into unusuals after I sell mine, 

How do you make profit when everyone wants profit

????

Seriously, every person I come across, in-game or TF2outpost, wouldn't even accept my 0.1% profit

????

Seriously, every person I come across, in-game or TF2outpost, wouldn't even accept my 0.1% profit

One thing i learned: Always have one person desperate for your hat, just be patient.

????

Well, first off, not everyone cares about profit. Secondly, there are different kinds of profit--some hats can get more but are harder to sell while other hats will sell easily, but not for as much. Profit doesn't have to mean you get a more expensive hat for yours, it could mean you get a hat thats easier for you to sell and therefore more beneficial to you.

Hi everyone,

I have gotten pretty far in trading, and I'd like to get in the unusual market. However, I don't know if it is a good idea to buy my first unusual now, or if I should save up some more. I have absolutely zero experience in unusual trading. I also have another question; should I buy a lot of keys with my refined, or do you think keys will go down in value soon.

If you think it is a good idea can you give me some tips on which hats to buy, and which ones to avoid? And some other general tips in unusual trading?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I have gotten pretty far in trading, and I'd like to get in the unusual market. However, I don't know if it is a good idea to buy my first unusual now, or if I should save up some more. I have absolutely zero experience in unusual trading. I also have another question; should I buy a lot of keys with my refined, or do you think keys will go down in value soon.

If you think it is a good idea can you give me some tips on which hats to buy, and which ones to avoid? And some other general tips in unusual trading?

Thanks in advance!

ref is trash, no one wants it, its useless. Buy keys. 

As for unusuals, 3rd gen/robo effects are impossible to sell due to the fact that many people refuse to accept them because they don't sell (because people are still highballing them)

• Like 1

ref is trash, no one wants it, its useless. Buy keys. 

As for unusuals, 3rd gen/robo effects are impossible to sell due to the fact that many people refuse to accept them because they don't sell (because people are still highballing them)

Ok, thanks for the tips. What about Halloween effects? And my main question, should I buy my first unusual now, or wait a bit?

Ok, thanks for the tips. What about Halloween effects? And my main question, should I buy my first unusual now, or wait a bit?

well you should sell all your crap first as you only have like 15~ keys atm.

Halloween effects tend to sell slowly but are pretty stable. 

well you should sell all your crap first as you only have like 15~ keys atm.

Halloween effects tend to sell slowly but are pretty stable. 

Well, that was kinda my question, so I guess I shouldn't buy a shit tier unusual and trade up with it, and make some more pure instead? Thanks again!