Reporting people on TF2OP

Kevin the Chicken God

I handled 70+ user reports today and there is no backlog - we are not SteamRep.

Since the new system kicked in you have created 1 User Report and it was reviewed about 9 hours later (and it was an invalid report). I don't see what credibility or evidence you have to make such statement.

You can only use the User Report tool on accounts that have logged in the site at least once.

maybe you're fast, but your friends arent. my reports always take 20-30 days and then ive already forgotten why i reported them then

cXzNt0b.png

k1iWllM.png

Some mods don't deserve to hold their position. 4 weeks old valid report left untouched. Or valid reports getting closed for no reason @duck / garry / regen. Not very professional. I wonder how they are still mods, only reason I can think of is nepotism. BSOD is the only serious mod I have seen so far. 

I want to report some of those mods, but there is no point in doing so. There is no controlling party. Sneeza? I dont think so.

Maybe I'm wrong but this is from my experience

http://www.tf2outpost.com/privacy

"The TF2 Outpost Website (tf2outpost.com) is maintained by ZAM Network, LLC."

I forgot that it is now owned by ZAM. I don't know how they would respond. But I will look into it and will try to send some reports there. Hopefully they do take reports seriously.

So far I haven't seen them in any action. Maybe they make the general policy and such but the admins are all still the same and outpost is run by the same group of people. There must be a staff member who controls staff it self and so far that is lacking. I will for sure send some reports there with my tickets as proof. I hope they take any action. 

The report system is much more effective and user-friendly now (after the overhaul it went through), and we have at least 5 mods/admins taking care exclusively of post/trade reports all day long. User reports though, are assigned to different admins, hence their processing times are not affected by the much larger post/trade report queue size, making it possible for them to be reviewed within a day (depending on the admins availability, of course).

I really like the new ticket-system, but I do have one remark:

When you create a ticket, it is assigned to a specific mod/admin on the site. I guess this keeps things organized, but it can cause some problems when extra information has to be provided and the mod a ticket has been assigned to is in a different timezone (or maybe just away for other reasons). An example of this would be my ticket #598808 (assigned to you). I'm not sure what timezone you're in (GMT+1 here), but it seems like we weren't ever online at the same time, causing a 1-day delay for every reply. A scammer could potentially cause a lot of trouble in the extra time this takes.

Solutions to this problem I can think of are:

- Automatically assigning tickets to a mod in a similar timezone (maybe this is already implemented, but I guess it's assigning to a mod that is online at the time of the report).

- Adding an option for staff-members to 'release' their tickets when they know they're going to be offline for some time. It would then be automatically assigned to someone else, or added to a shared queue.

EDIT: It would also be nice if I could close my own reports. Sometimes users I report close their trades themselves, making my report irrelevant.

@jorisk,

I would assume you could jut add another kid if that's the case.

Are you on your phone? I guess you meant mod.

I could add a different mod, yes. But if the system can be improved, that's preferred over a workaround of course.

Are you on your phone? I guess you meant mod.

I could add a different mod, yes. But if the system can be improved, that's preferred over a workaround of course.

Spellcheck <_<

I really like the new ticket-system, but I do have one remark:

When you create a ticket, it is assigned to a specific mod/admin on the site. I guess this keeps things organized, but it can cause some problems when extra information has to be provided and the mod a ticket has been assigned to is in a different timezone (or maybe just away for other reasons). An example of this would be my ticket #598808 (assigned to you). I'm not sure what timezone you're in (GMT+1 here), but it seems like we weren't ever online at the same time, causing a 1-day delay for every reply. A scammer could possibly cause a lot of trouble in the extra time this takes.

Solutions to this problem I can think of are:

- Automatically assigning tickets to a mod in a similar timezone (maybe this is already implemented, but I guess it's assigning to a mod that is online at the time of the report).

- Adding an option for staff-members to 'release' their tickets when they know they're going to be offline for some time. It would then be automatically assigned to someone else, or added to a shared queue.

EDIT: It would also be nice if I could close my own reports. Sometimes users I report close their trades themselves, making my report irrelevant.

Being online does not mean busy working on reports. My PC is online 24/7/365 (or close to this) and my Steam status does not reflect my state or availability. I'm GMT -0300, but that does not really mean anything as I don't have a schedule or predefined time to do reports - I do them when I have free time and my mind is set for the task (it can be very stressful and one should not do them if not in a perfect mood/mind condition).

Also, User Reports require more work than post/trade reports, as you may need to talk to a lot of people to get the evidence you need and do most if not all investigation yourself. You can't just assign anyone to do these reports, they require practice and skill - not everyone knows how to interrogate or handle problematic users (liars, evaders, etc). These are some of the reasons why we have only two admins assigned to them (Zemnmez and I). Therefore, user reports will eventually be handled by one of us, even if it means waiting a few more days to have it fully reviewed. We can't do reports 24/7 hence it's impossible to have all scammers banned consistently without any delay.

Reported this post for abusive language, and my ticket has been open for 3 days. Meanwhile, a mod offered on the guy's trade so he must have noticed the abusive post, but took no action. Well done for being inconsistent yet again outpost.

The report is not assigned to Not_Duck, and we don't read every single comment of every single trade we visit when we are trading. It's like asking for a cop on their day off to hunt for outlaws. If you face one you will take action of course, but you won't perform a search on every location you visit.

Some mods don't deserve to hold their position. 4 weeks old valid report left untouched. Or valid reports getting closed for no reason @duck / garry / regen. Not very professional. I wonder how they are still mods, only reason I can think of is nepotism. BSOD is the only serious mod I have seen so far. 

I want to report some of those mods, but there is no point in doing so. There is no controlling party. Sneeza? I dont think so.

Maybe I'm wrong but this is from my experience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism - Nobody is related to Sneeza, except for Wiki x3 (and his position is honorary).

You can of course report staff members for abuse, negligence, etc just create a support ticket.

Being online does not mean busy working on reports. My PC is online 24/7/365 (or close to this) and my Steam status does not reflect my state or availability. I'm GMT -0300, but that does not really mean anything as I don't have a schedule or predefined time to do reports - I do them when I have free time and my mind is set for the task (it can be very stressful and one should not do them if not in a perfect mood/mind condition).

I meant online as looking at tickets, not online on Steam.

Also, User Reports require more work than post/trade reports, as you may need to talk to a lot of people to get the evidence you need and do most if not all investigation yourself. You can't just assign anyone to do these reports, they require practice and skill - not everyone knows how to interrogate or handle problematic users (liars, evaders, etc). These are some of the reasons why we have only two admins assigned to them (Zemnmez and I). Therefore, user reports will eventually be handled by one of us, even if it means waiting a few more days to have it fully reviewed. We can't do reports 24/7 hence it's impossible to have all scammers banned consistently without any delay.

I did not know you only had two people handling user reports. I understand why my solutions wouldn't be very effective. Maybe you could add a caution-tag for people who have a report open for a serious offense?

The report is not assigned to Not_Duck, and we don't read every single comment of every single trade we visit when we are trading. It's like asking for a cop on their day off to hunt for outlaws. If you face one you will take action of course, but you won't perform a search on every location you visit.

It would have been impossible for him not to read it, as it's pretty much right above his comment. Cops aren't usually blind.

Also, User Reports require more work than post/trade reports, as you may need to talk to a lot of people to get the evidence you need and do most if not all investigation yourself. You can't just assign anyone to do these reports, they require practice and skill - not everyone knows how to interrogate or handle problematic users (liars, evaders, etc). These are some of the reasons why we have only two admins assigned to them (Zemnmez and I). Therefore, user reports will eventually be handled by one of us, even if it means waiting a few more days to have it fully reviewed. We can't do reports 24/7 hence it's impossible to have all scammers banned consistently without any delay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism - Nobody is related to Sneeza, except for Wiki x3 (and his position is honorary).

You can of course report staff members for abuse, negligence, etc just create a support ticket.

Here nepotism isn't limited to family but friends too http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/nepotism

Anyway I meant friendspolitics with that term

I have reported in the past but nothing has been done. Response was I should live with it.

I meant online as looking at tickets, not online on Steam.

I did not know you only had two people handling user reports. I understand why my solutions wouldn't be very effective. Maybe you could add a caution-tag for people who have a report open for a serious offense?

A lot of people report a serious offense but at the end there's no evidence or it was an invalid report. We can't issue any tags automatically because a lot of innocent people would be affected.

It would have been impossible for him not to read it, as it's pretty much right above his comment. Cops aren't usually blind.

I can't say for him, but sometimes people miss obvious things right on their faces, I can understand if this was the case.

People are not avoiding work here, the way you word it make it seems like he doesn't care about it.

Here nepotism isn't limited to family but friends too http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/nepotism

Anyway I meant friendspolitics with that term

I have reported in the past but nothing has been done. Response was I should live with it.

Only Zemnmez was friends with Sneeza before the site launched (or close to this). Banned, Not_Duck, Shadow, Helen, Garry, etc applied to become staff and were voted in, inclusing myself. We all may be friends now but that was not the case back when we applied.

Archived