How does one go about selling an item for real money?

Systematic

While not actually wanting to sell an item, I've been curious as to how in game items get sold for real money and not for keys/scrap or the steam marketplace. Lets say if I wanted to sell my Strange, Hot Mananna Peeled Rocket Launcher of Minimal Wear quality. What would I have to do and how would I go about doing it?

well first of all,you need to make an account for Paypal.you should be at the legitimate age to do it.once done,sell your tf2 items either on marketplace.tf or opskins.both can do tf2 but opskins is mainly focused on csgo.there is tax there however so you'd have to deal with it without getting scammed or you could gain soem bp.tf trust like this: https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198112046826  or find some trusted people such as Strife or Wayne.Becareful of impersonators tho

15 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

well first of all,you need to make an account for Paypal.you should be at the legitimate age to do it.once done,sell your tf2 items either on marketplace.tf or opskins.both can do tf2 but opskins is mainly focused on csgo.there is tax there however so you'd have to deal with it without getting scammed or you could gain soem bp.tf trust like this: https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198112046826  or find some trusted people such as Strife or Wayne.Becareful of impersonators tho

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just always been curious about this kind of trade since I've heard some people in videos and subreddits doing it.

5 hours ago, Systematic said:

While not actually wanting to sell an item, I've been curious as to how in game items get sold for real money and not for keys/scrap or the steam marketplace. Lets say if I wanted to sell my Strange, Hot Mananna Peeled Rocket Launcher of Minimal Wear quality. What would I have to do and how would I go about doing it?

To put it in better english. Use marketplace.tf or opskins. They allow you to do cash trades safely. Marketplace takes a 10% fee, I don't know what opskins fee is but it's probably similar. The fee is their way of taking the risk of chargebacks, so that you are still guaranteed a payout.

Archived